“Fitzpatrick Manhattan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #59 of 451 hotels in New York City
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fitzpatrick Manhattan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for the Christmas period from 23rd Dec to 30th and have to say that the stay was superb. From the moment we arrived the staff flew out the hotel to grab our stuff and get us sorted straight away and not leave out in the rain!

Staff were always on hand to help out and were exceptionally friendly. Leon and a another young concierge (who for the life of me I cannot remember his name!) were always around to answer any questions as was the manager (who again I can't remember his name!) and sort anything we wanted out.

The room service was always quick to arrive and was always unbelievable to eat so became a bit of a regular thing in our room! I don't think we went a night without ordering room service!

The bar staff were always extremely polite too and anyone I haven't mentioned were equally. The whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy.

All round a fabulous stay and made out Xmas in NYC a very enjoyable one!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Tom McNaboe,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff "exceptionally friendly" and I am also thrilled that you found the "whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy".

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were there during Super Bowl weekend and not there for the Super Bowl. I had a tough time finding a place to stay and when we got a room at the Fitzpatrick I was leery but pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Great location and very friendly staff. Nice pub in the hotel which is always a plus.Rooms where very clean and bigger than I would have expected. I would definatley go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Maria D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainlhy appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found our "staff friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of my 30th birthday celebrations. From when we arrived to when we departed the staff couldn't have been nicer to us. As it was a birthday celebration we had a complimentary upgrade and also received a bottle of bubbly to our room from the hotel. Apart from this it was the personal touches from staff that make me recommend this hotel. They never failed to greet you on arrival or departure everyday. The room was a really good size and was clean and warm, the breakfast in the hotel bar was very tasty as was the evening meal. There is a nice blend of Irish and American staff always on hand to give you information on where to go. Location wise this hotel was excellent with most shops on your door step. I would recommend this hotel to anybody for you would have an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: As it is NYC there will always be street noise so the higher floor the less noise you would hear.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Gavin P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you found the "staff nice". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

booked Fitzpatricks hotel Sat/Sun super bowl special .Lady in reservations told me if I booked and paid I would get super bowl special of $399 room I needed two beds in room lots of hype over super bowl so I went ahead and booked only to discover each day after they dropped the room rate but would not allow me to change so I paid $922 for one room for two nights,after speaking with Susanne she agreed to give breakfast whick was just ok.This room rate dropped by half by super bowl weekend but Fitzpatricks management would not allow me to cancel or change.On the positive side they allowed early check in and the room was really spacious and comfortable staff were nice and helpful hotel in great location close to central park and shopping

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Teresa9999,

I am delighted that you found the staff "nice" and the location of the hotel good. On your next visit to New York please contact me and I will make sure to take care of your arrangemetns personally.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love this hotel, have stayed a couple of times before and look forward to returning again very soon. A wonderfully warm Irish welcome without being over the top or twee. Perfect location with friendly and helpful staff and an excellent base for any style of New York business trip or holiday.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Anna d,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff "friendly and helpful". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind review.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrickfamily hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from a lovely one week stay in the Fitzpatrick hotel for our honeymoon in New York. Cannot say more kind words about this hotel, great Uptown East location close to Central Park and not far from 5th Avenue. Also a few nearby subway stations to ease getting about Manhattan. We stayed in a very comfortable suite which was serviced daily by a wonderful cleaning lady who helped us in any way possible and kept our room spotlessly clean. Concierge Peter was very helpful booking us our Helicopter ride over Manhattan and recommending places to dine in while there. Reception staff were all extremely kind and professional at all times getting us cabs when needed and greeted us with a smile every time we passed them. A very special hotel thanks to it's excellent staff, the owner or hotel manager should be very proud indeed with the day to day running if this hotel. We will return! Thank you for everything!

A

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Dublinmallorcaelle,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff kind and professional. I know that the team will be delighted to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us while you were on your honeymoon and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We arrived on a Wednesday evening and Shane, Chris, Leo and I think Sharon made our stay magic. Everything from shopping tips, subway directions and bookings were all taken care of and were all great recommendations. They have to be the best hotel people in the business and get my highest of recommendations. The hotel itself had great charm and in a great location 5 minute walk from central park and 5th avenue. Couldn't recommend more. Only mistake is we didn't stay longer!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Simon C,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning so many of the staff by name. I know that the whole team at the hotel will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!