“Best NYC has to offer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #99 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Best NYC has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am writing the review on behalf of my mother in law who has just returned from her 60th birthday trip that was organised by myself and her family. It was a four night trip for herself and her best friend. On arrival there was a slight issue with the room as there was only 1 king bed and although they are best friends they were not prepared to share a bed for 4 days after specifically requesting twin beds on booking.The matter was dealt with in a really professional manner and the manager Chris took charge of the matter himself. He sent the ladies to the bar for a complimentary drink whilst they sourced a room that fit the ladies requirements. This was swift and painless and within the hour the ladies were settling into they new room which just happened to be a wonderful suite. Chris also provided breakfast for the ladies for the duration of their stay as means of apology for the mix up and a bottle of bubbly which they didn't end up availing of!!! They had the most amazing stay and said all staff could not have been nicer and made their trip, It was a first time trip for both without their partners so as a family we were relieved to know that ther were well looked after and escorted from their taxi to reception safely each night by the wonderful doorstaff. Both women sang Chris's praises and being Irish we as only for a professional and friendly apporoach to hospitality and he has both in abundance. Many thanks to all in Fitzpatricks Manhattan and myself and my partner are counting the days until we arrive at your doors on December 18th 2013 for a special Christmas anniversay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Jen Shannon81,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located within distance of most venues. I classify this as a boutique hotel. The staff was very accommodating. We were given a room that we felt was too small and they gave us a suite at a reasonable charge. A reasonable price for Manhattan.

Room Tip: Go for the suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Middlejoe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certianly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff very accommading. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the FItzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Shane Cooman
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I like small hotels, and this one couldn't be cozier or friendlier. The room was a decent size, attractive with traditional design, clean and quiet and the location is good. The bathroom shower head was the only inconvenience I can think of (overhead and not adjustable) but that was minor.
The staff was always ready with a smile and offers to be helpful and it was fun to hear Irish accents from both staff and other guests. A bit expensive and difficult to find better rates online, but I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Francenut,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the staff to be very helpful. I know that the team were thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Huntington, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

From the outside, I wasn't quite sure if I made the right decision (because it was a small boutique hotel compared to what I am used to) but as soon as I walked into the lobby, The Fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel exceeded my expectations!! It was my birthday so they upgraded my room to a suite at no extra charge. The room was so lovely and CLEAN!!! There was fresh fruit waiting in the room. Everyone who works at the hotel couldn't be nicer or more accommodating!!! They turn down your bed at night, leave slippers, bathrobe and chocolates by your bed!!! Can you imagine!! I would highly recommend this hotel and would rather stay here than a Marriott!!!

Room Tip: The suite was perfect!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy P,

I was delighted to read that you found the team excellent and I know that they were thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The reception is very friendly in an oirish kind of way. There are Tayto crisps in the bar. It is buzzy, but not chic. Rooms are small, clean, and well-equipped. The location is very good. It was easy to reach from the airport. I took a bus and the driver was very familiar with the hotel. The lobby is small; food in the bar was very basic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AH,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team was thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

East Devon, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick for 8 nights in October. It's a very friendly hotel in a good central location and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was very comfortable (given 8 nights we opted for a small suite and it was exactly as shown in the photo on their website). Unfortunately it is let down by its rather tired and not so convenient facilities.

Pluses - it really is friendly, perhaps the Irish nature, and the staff were mostly very helpful (Peter the Concierge especially so); our room was very comfortable, well cleaned and serviced; when we complained it was too hot, a fan was put in our room straight away; great location on Lex and easy to get to the subway, Central Park, shopping etc.

Minuses - it's an old, small building and many of these minuses stem from that; small bathroom with shower in the bath, really quite pokey especially for two; WiFi cost $14.95 per day per device - absolutely outrageous, especially when half the time it didn't work (free WiFi in the lobby but not so convenient); only two lifts and no service lift so when the cleaners are at work (or one lift breaks down as it did) you can wait five minutes for it to arrive; lobby area is unimpressive, the bar unwelcoming (v loud music when we went for a drink before dinner and only about three other people in there. We didn't stay for a drink and I'm not surprised so few people in there); breakfast was generally good (great Irish bacon) except one morning when it was really poor, but the chairs are very uncomfortable (very low seats or unpleasant high barrel backs); at one point they switched from A/C to Heat and it was really hot (hence the fan) - we just opened the windows but not so good when above Lex at night time.

Would I recommend - only if you get a good rate; would I go back - probably not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Henry K,

I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and helpful and I know that they were thrilled to learn of your kind words. I am grateful for your constructive comments and will have certainly taken them onboard.

Whenever you are plannning your next trip to New York please contact me directly, so that i may assist you with same.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Bury, Gtr Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We've just returned from a wonderful trip to NYC made all the more special by choosing the Fitzpatrick Manhattan as our base.
From the moment we checked in the staff were friendly and helpful, a bottle of champagne and fruit we were given to us to celebrate Sophies 21st birthday which was lovely surprise .
The hotel is an ideal base for shops and sights without being in the middle of all hustle and bustle. We walked to Bloomingdales, stopped off at the hotel to drop our shopping off before hitting the shops on Park Avenue for more bargains.
We ate most of our meals at the hotel, the quality and choice were very good. The bar area was very comfortable and welcoming, Allison and Ana looked after us very well, nothing was too much trouble, thank you ladies. The Fitzpatrick is lucky to have such professional, caring staff.
We felt very safe/secure and wont hesitate in recommending the hotel to our friends/family.

Room Tip: Room (suite) 307 situated at rear of hotel. Very comfortable bed, huge bathroom, comfortable sitting...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Buddy0211_11,

I was delighted to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your daughters special birthday celebrations. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!