“Special Occasion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Special Occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We recently visited New York for the first time for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, staying for 7 nights in this Hotel. Shane, the Manager made sure our stay was as special as the occasion as he upgraded us to what I can only describe as a superb suite. The location was ideal. Close enough to all you might wish to see but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. The staff were highly efficient, the Bar and Restaurant had just the right amount of privacy and ambience. When we visit New York again we shall stay at the Fitzpatrick.

Rob & Val C

Room Tip: In any hotel in New York the higher up you are the better. The better the view and the less the nois...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Robin C,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed spending your 25th wedding anniversary with us and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Milton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our family stayed in the Fitzpatrick Manhattan back over Memorial Day weekend. Everything about the hotel was a pleasant surprise! You always hear that you should expect that NYC hotels will be postage size.....so not true about this hotel! We had a perfect size suite that was so incredibly spacious. Pull out couch for my 7 and 4 year-old daughters to share in a large living space, separate 1/2 room with counter, mirror and refrigerator, large bedroom with king size bed, and smaller but luxury marbled bathroom.

Secondly, the staff were outstanding...so incredibly friendly! They left mint chocolates in the room and when my daughter wrote a nice thank-you note in regards to the chocolates, they left triple the number of chocolates!

Then finally, the location was just right! We were within walking distance of Central Park, the Plaza, museums, shops, great restaurants.

We loved our NYC trip and the Fitzpatrick Manhattan was a big part of that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Jennifer L,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you daughter recieved a few extra sweets for her kind note. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of the kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just returned from first trip to New York - The Fitzpatrick Manhattan was an excellent choice of hotel. The location on Lexington really suited our needs - quality shops, wonderful restaurants and subway ride to most tourist attractions. Walking distance from Central Park we did get up early and joined the throngs running through the park - highly recommended .....Our room, ensuite was large, bright and spotless. The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and informative. Their recommendations on restaurants and shops never failed to please us. Will definitely save for the next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anne T,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff friendly, helpful and informative. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us on your first visit to New York and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fitzpatrick's markets itself as an 'Irish' hotel in New York and to the extent that this is desirable or possible it achieves its goal. The hotel is well located - on Lexington, is a few blocks from Central Park and surrounded by a range of shops and quality bars / restaurants. Staff are very, very friendly and efficient and go 'the extra mile' so to speak. Rooms are fine - quite large and well maintained. The in-house restaurant offers a good breakfast - although I am not sure why anyone would have an Irish Breakfast in New York! My normal bugbear of having to pay for wi fi holds here as well although there is free wi fi in public areas. Overall a very good quality hotel made special by the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear JoeOH,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the staff very firnedly and efficient. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall hotel very good to stay. We were family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children and we had 1 bedroom suit as we were staying there for 4 nights from 8 August to 12 August 2013. The room we stayed was in room 1501 and the accommodation size of the room was good. Therefore we cannot say much for the other rooms of hotel. All staff members were very much helpful along the room services too. The negative comments we have is that all furniture in the room is very dark and old and same goes for the bathroom too. As we do not have any personal negative of this hotel we would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone. The room price we found to very expensive in compare to other hotels available in same area, maybe because we had 1 bedroom suit compare to single room suit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Himanshu S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the team helpful. I know that the staff will be delighted to learn of your kind comments.

Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just back from a four night stay here for my surprise 30th birthday.
The hotel staff were always friendly whatever time. Informative about places to go and things to see, so very helpful and even printed our boarding passes for the return flight.

Food was also excellent, and the location brilliant.

I cannot fault this hotel

Dear Tommy_Boy36,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your surprise 30th birthday at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I made a last-minute reservation via Orbitz without any info about this hotel other than a quick glance the TA listing and reviews here. Our NYC trips are always medical in nature so YMMV if traveling for vacation. My husband is a patient at Sloan-Kettering and we usually just drive in for the day. However, this time he had a full day of tests at the 53rd St location starting early on Columbus Day and were seriously worried about traffic from the parade. With an Orbitz coupon we managed to pay under $200/night for a Queen room for a Sunday night into Monday.

Pros: Super staff, everyone we met was charming and helpful. Stylish rooms. Excellent black-out curtains. Nicely appointed bathrooms with a walk-in shower. Very good (if pricey) room-service breakfast. Good closet space with plenty of hangers and safe. Valet parking at a local garage. Fantastic location for restaurants and shopping.

Cons: Room 505 view was into a wall and other rooms, which I call the "discounted rate booked on a 3rd party travel site view"; (Not the hotel's fault, but across the way a large man was watching TV in his very tiny black briefs. With his curtains wide open. Ours stayed closed for the rest of our stay!). Terrible TV reception/quality - every face a glowing red on ours. It wasn't worth calling downstairs for just one night. Bathrobe hung on bathroom door was pretty dirty which was surprising as the rest of the room was very clean. I'm guessing it hangs there until someone either uses it or buys it? The lower third of it was very grungy as if people had been wiping their hands on it. A requested extra top sheet came with a huge hole in the middle of it.

While there were a few small details missed, overall we were very happy with our choice and would stay here again if the price was right.

Dear Beth B,

I was delighted to read your review and thank you for the constructive comments which I have taken onboard. I know that the team will work on the items that need to be addressed.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and please email me directly whenever you have a need to come back to the city. My email address is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!