“Good location, clean room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #73 of 456 Hotels in New York City
Lancaster, pa
“Good location, clean room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

No hospitality per se... lobby and elevators not air conditioned and smells musty. Not even a door man. No one said hello as you entered or exited. Nothing special.
Door to room abuts door next door, so it sounded like they were entering our room or knocking on our door. Hot and humid elevators and lobby... no doorman. No greeting when entering or leaving

Room Tip: some doors to rooms are right next to each other, so there is no way to tell whether they nock or en...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Wrossjr,

I am sorry to read that you didn't find our team hospitable and i will make the team aware of your comments. In relation to the a/c in the lobby unfortunately while you were staying with us the unit failed and has since been rectified. The elevators as you mentioned do not have a/c and due to the nature of the building this is something that we are unable to do at this point.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and please contact me directly when you are planning your next visit to New York. my email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com .

I look forward to hearing from you.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is smaller, more traditional with charming, large rooms which are hard to find in Manhattan. The price was more reasonable than other similar hotels. Plus it is one block from Bloomingdales and not too far to Central Park and Rockefeller Center. I like to walk so this is a good location at 57th and 3rd to see many of the uptown sites. Some interior repairs were going on near my room so that would be my only issue and the breakfast food and restaurant service was just ok. The front desk ladies were super nice and that always is important to me. I like to feel welcome when I check into a hotel and the staff at the desk were very nice and accommodating. I was visiting a friend for dinner so I needed to find a bottle of nice wine. Right around the corner is CRUSH, a very inviting store with superior staff who made an excellent recommendation.

Room Tip: Make sure the floor is not under repair and be sure to not be located by a meeting room if you plan...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Barrtravel,

I was delighted to read that you found the Front Desk Agents welcoming and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's like an oasis in the middle of Manhattan. It's cozy and classy without being over pretentious. The staff is the friendliest and efficient you'll ever find. There were always no less than 4 or 5 people in the lobby available to assist with whatever was needed. The room was big, spacious and clean as well as the bathroom. I had one of the best nights of sleep in a long time despite being on the second floor right next to Lexington Av. everything was perfect for me.

This is now my new favorite hotel in Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alvaro S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found our staff friendly and efficient. I know that the team will be thilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just back from a week at Fitzpatricks,it is better than ever!

This Hotel just has the perfect atmosphere, relaxing and yet totally professional
A real treat in a great location
Stores and restaurants , nail bars and salons on the door step

The front of house team are the best I have seen, nothing is too much trouble to them
I never touched my luggage, the moment the cab pulled in there was someone to help, the same at check out.
Each time we went out to get a taxi , the concierge were there to hail one

The Hotel is so clean and fresh!

General Manger Shane and his team are doing such a great job

Irish hospitality combined with great local knowledge and 5 star standards make this one amazing Hotel!!

Room Tip: Just tell them what you like and you will not be dissapointed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Margaret GF,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- location was great, near the Central Park!
- room was spacious

Cons:
- no breakfast included in the rate
- no ice machine
- no fridge at the room
- very late check in
- they charged free number phone calls

I think I will not come back to this hotel if I come back NYC. Very expensive!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Gabiotalm,

I am delighted that you found the location of the hotel excellent for your stay. In relation to an ice machine we deliver ice to the rooms on request and we would also have been happy to bring a fridge to your room.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and when you are next visiting New York, please contact me personally on my email scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

North East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very friendly staff, who made us very welcome. The room was very pleasant indeed, well laid out, comfortable with everything we needed. The staff at the bar and the restaurant were very good as was the food. Keiran lent the personal touch making this feel like a family run Irish hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VictoriaNorthEast,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and in particular that you found the staff very friendly. I will make sure to thank Kieran personally.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago.
We stayed at Fitzpatrick Grand Central last year and as no rooms were available there we chose this one.
Service is second to none. One one occasion we got back late afternoon and it was hot. The concierge brought us glasses of iced water as we walked in.
The suite we had was spacious and had 2 walk in wardrobes, a small kitchen area with a fridge and a separate large lounge area with a second television.
We had breakfast each morning and ate on 2 evenings in the restaurant. Food and service was very good and well priced.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear AlanUK1,

Thank you for posting your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words. Thank you for staying with us last year in our sister property at Grand Central.

I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!