“THE Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“THE Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

With a brilliant location at 57th and , this little gem is outstanding for its' staff. We stayed for 14 nights and were continually impressed with the consistency of the service, night or day, weekday or weekend. Staff are unfailingly helpful...and cheerful. There is a certain Irish charm that is in the air here, and we were delighted with out stay.

We booked a small suite that was very comfortable, well appointed and reasonably spacious.

If you stay be sure to meet Mercedes at the front desk and Peter, the Concierge (who knows every jazz place in New York). The Hotel Manager, Chris O'Sullivan, will make you feel right at home.

The small bistro downstairs serves meals, though we only went in for a drink late one evening.

There are several eating places nearby that were quite reasonable in price with a good standard of food.

Room Tip: We found that the extra money for a small suite was well worth the investment, though if you are on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Ken B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick's Manhattan and I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments. I am particularly pleased that you found the team helpful and cheerful.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Thorne Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Treated Like family. from being welcomed to the Hotel by Nathan at the Front door, to being offered drinks to toast my Birthday from Chris O' Sullivan the Assistant General manager, I was simply Overwhelmed with this Five star Hotel, IMHO.

Suite 1105, upgraded from smaller suite automatically. this Hotel exceeds all other hotels that I have stayed in, Ritz Carlton,,,, Your Family at the Fitzpatrick. This Hotel is my New Home in NYC.
Check in 5 stars
Suite 5 stars
Service 6 stars, they even deliver the Ice no hunting for an ice machine.
Staff 6 stars
Decor 5 stars
Pub/restaurant 5 stars. I was even offered a round of drinks for my Birthday, By Chris my new friend in NYC.
rather then go on and on... I will stop here, almost lol.
Bathroom Huge!!! Bathtub is large even have a TV in the bathroom. WOW!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Desire S,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay and celebrate your birthday with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ispent amazing week in suite of this hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of New York, with great possibility to observe the city. It is small, charming hotel, I stayed like at home.. Suite was big, with fancy furniture and small kitchen. Everything was very clean. Staff of the hotel was very helpfull, provided me with all informations I needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Julia M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn that you found them friendly.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and the room was reasonably priced. The room was clean and like most NY hotel rooms on the small side but big enough for a short stay and the bed was extremely comfortable. An area for improvement would be the poor water pressure in the shower but it was not bad enough to get upset about. A criticism would be that the hotel charges for wifi access at $13 per day per device. In 2013 and in a quality hotel I would expect this to be included in the room price. Starbucks is just a block away so we had breakfast there instead of at the hotel and used their wifi for free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lOttee76,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The moment you walk in the door they treat you like you're the most important person in the hotel. The lobby is setup like a study or personal library ( dark rich wood millwork and paneling ). Your check-in will be very quick and pleasant as you are seated at 1 of 2 reception desk to the left of the main entrances. ( no impersonal counter at this hotel ). A few minutes later you will be of to your room which will be very clean ( if not spotless ) and everything will be in proper working order.

The restaurant on my previous trip was very good ( Steak & French Onion soup ).

The bar is excellent ! A very good selection of high end Single Malt Scotch Whisky. ( The Aberlour 18 year old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky was very good ). Eilish, was my bartender and she was very helpful. I was setting at the bar my first night in town working on putting together a golf trip to Ireland for next year and I asked her a few questions about Ireland. ( she's from Belfast Ireland ). The next night when I walked into the bar she gave me a list of about 20 different golf courses & resorts around Ireland along with some points of interest of the beaten path. That was a very nice gesture that she did for a total stranger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Work2PalyGolf,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

West Columbia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is very little. The suite was tiny and the hallways are very small. The bed was ok. Felt claustrophobic. It's a historical hotel and you can tell. Wouldn't stay here again with all the choices New York has. It wasn't plush at all.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Adventurermon,

I am sorry that you felt that the suite was small but our suites do range in size from 625 sq feet to 675 sq feet. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable.

On your next visit to New York please contact me as I would like to restore your faith in the hotel. My email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Honeymooning in New York there was nowhere else we wanted to stay! The hotel's location is ideal for exploring. The staff are friendly and so helpful - they can't do enough for you! They made our trip very special. Rooms are lovely and the general atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Would recommend the Palace deli across the road for delicious breakfasts and Club A Steakhouse nearby for a huge feed!

• Stayed May 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Icolli,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and in particular found our staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on the bedroom you stay in while at Fitzpatrick Manhattan. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!