“Avesome stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
Nice, France
“Avesome stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ispent amazing week in suite of this hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of New York, with great possibility to observe the city. It is small, charming hotel, I stayed like at home.. Suite was big, with fancy furniture and small kitchen. Everything was very clean. Staff of the hotel was very helpfull, provided me with all informations I needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Julia M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn that you found them friendly.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and the room was reasonably priced. The room was clean and like most NY hotel rooms on the small side but big enough for a short stay and the bed was extremely comfortable. An area for improvement would be the poor water pressure in the shower but it was not bad enough to get upset about. A criticism would be that the hotel charges for wifi access at $13 per day per device. In 2013 and in a quality hotel I would expect this to be included in the room price. Starbucks is just a block away so we had breakfast there instead of at the hotel and used their wifi for free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lOttee76,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in New York in the future.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The moment you walk in the door they treat you like you're the most important person in the hotel. The lobby is setup like a study or personal library ( dark rich wood millwork and paneling ). Your check-in will be very quick and pleasant as you are seated at 1 of 2 reception desk to the left of the main entrances. ( no impersonal counter at this hotel ). A few minutes later you will be of to your room which will be very clean ( if not spotless ) and everything will be in proper working order.

The restaurant on my previous trip was very good ( Steak & French Onion soup ).

The bar is excellent ! A very good selection of high end Single Malt Scotch Whisky. ( The Aberlour 18 year old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky was very good ). Eilish, was my bartender and she was very helpful. I was setting at the bar my first night in town working on putting together a golf trip to Ireland for next year and I asked her a few questions about Ireland. ( she's from Belfast Ireland ). The next night when I walked into the bar she gave me a list of about 20 different golf courses & resorts around Ireland along with some points of interest of the beaten path. That was a very nice gesture that she did for a total stranger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Work2PalyGolf,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

West Columbia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is very little. The suite was tiny and the hallways are very small. The bed was ok. Felt claustrophobic. It's a historical hotel and you can tell. Wouldn't stay here again with all the choices New York has. It wasn't plush at all.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Adventurermon,

I am sorry that you felt that the suite was small but our suites do range in size from 625 sq feet to 675 sq feet. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable.

On your next visit to New York please contact me as I would like to restore your faith in the hotel. My email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Honeymooning in New York there was nowhere else we wanted to stay! The hotel's location is ideal for exploring. The staff are friendly and so helpful - they can't do enough for you! They made our trip very special. Rooms are lovely and the general atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Would recommend the Palace deli across the road for delicious breakfasts and Club A Steakhouse nearby for a huge feed!

• Stayed May 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Icolli,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and in particular found our staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on the bedroom you stay in while at Fitzpatrick Manhattan. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would rate this hotel a 4 to 4.5 (trip advisor should allow 1/2 points).

Location: near a ton of shopping (largely upscale); near Central Park (easily walkable); near a subway station (two blocks up on 59th); near plenty of food options.

Room: major points on style. Room was conservatively stylish (mainly neutral with stronger brown accents). Decent size - not huge, but this is New York (therefore smaller scale expected). The room had a small fridge as an added bonus (handy to pick up breakfast in advance). Noise level: I slept well. If there was street noise, I didn't notice - it didn't impact my sleep.

Overall: this place has personality. I'd recommend it and would stay here again. Friends stayed at a different, large comparatively nondescript chain hotel with a huge lobby (although good location). Their hotel felt large and anonymous. The scale of the Fitz is much more intimate, which is very nice in such a large and what can sometimes be an overwhelming city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Sunnybird,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

I am glad that you found that Fitzpatrick Manhattan was close to the main shops and to Central Park. On behalf of the team thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent 10 days here.We cannot praise the staff enough,very friendly nothing to much trouble.Have stayed in NY before and will say this hotel is the best we have ever been in.One of the best things we also found was how quiet it was at night time,had the greatest nights sleep ever.Would recommend the Fitzpatrick to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room 405 didnt have a view but was very quiet which more than made up for it.