“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #85 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The moment you walk in the door they treat you like you're the most important person in the hotel. The lobby is setup like a study or personal library ( dark rich wood millwork and paneling ). Your check-in will be very quick and pleasant as you are seated at 1 of 2 reception desk to the left of the main entrances. ( no impersonal counter at this hotel ). A few minutes later you will be of to your room which will be very clean ( if not spotless ) and everything will be in proper working order.

The restaurant on my previous trip was very good ( Steak & French Onion soup ).

The bar is excellent ! A very good selection of high end Single Malt Scotch Whisky. ( The Aberlour 18 year old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky was very good ). Eilish, was my bartender and she was very helpful. I was setting at the bar my first night in town working on putting together a golf trip to Ireland for next year and I asked her a few questions about Ireland. ( she's from Belfast Ireland ). The next night when I walked into the bar she gave me a list of about 20 different golf courses & resorts around Ireland along with some points of interest of the beaten path. That was a very nice gesture that she did for a total stranger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Work2PalyGolf,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
West Columbia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is very little. The suite was tiny and the hallways are very small. The bed was ok. Felt claustrophobic. It's a historical hotel and you can tell. Wouldn't stay here again with all the choices New York has. It wasn't plush at all.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Adventurermon,

I am sorry that you felt that the suite was small but our suites do range in size from 625 sq feet to 675 sq feet. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable.

On your next visit to New York please contact me as I would like to restore your faith in the hotel. My email is scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Honeymooning in New York there was nowhere else we wanted to stay! The hotel's location is ideal for exploring. The staff are friendly and so helpful - they can't do enough for you! They made our trip very special. Rooms are lovely and the general atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Would recommend the Palace deli across the road for delicious breakfasts and Club A Steakhouse nearby for a huge feed!

• Stayed May 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Icolli,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and in particular found our staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on the bedroom you stay in while at Fitzpatrick Manhattan. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would rate this hotel a 4 to 4.5 (trip advisor should allow 1/2 points).

Location: near a ton of shopping (largely upscale); near Central Park (easily walkable); near a subway station (two blocks up on 59th); near plenty of food options.

Room: major points on style. Room was conservatively stylish (mainly neutral with stronger brown accents). Decent size - not huge, but this is New York (therefore smaller scale expected). The room had a small fridge as an added bonus (handy to pick up breakfast in advance). Noise level: I slept well. If there was street noise, I didn't notice - it didn't impact my sleep.

Overall: this place has personality. I'd recommend it and would stay here again. Friends stayed at a different, large comparatively nondescript chain hotel with a huge lobby (although good location). Their hotel felt large and anonymous. The scale of the Fitz is much more intimate, which is very nice in such a large and what can sometimes be an overwhelming city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Sunnybird,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

I am glad that you found that Fitzpatrick Manhattan was close to the main shops and to Central Park. On behalf of the team thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent 10 days here.We cannot praise the staff enough,very friendly nothing to much trouble.Have stayed in NY before and will say this hotel is the best we have ever been in.One of the best things we also found was how quiet it was at night time,had the greatest nights sleep ever.Would recommend the Fitzpatrick to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room 405 didnt have a view but was very quiet which more than made up for it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear 2MrpostmanElliott6,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the staff friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

great hotel, nice staff. cannot fault it at all. stayed there before. rooms are big for new york, great service.
not much else to say about it. location is ok, close to 5th avenue and central park. can be noisy at times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Takoka 72,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and that you found the service excellent.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have only just returned from our visit from the Big Apple, This visit was a treat for my husbands 50th Birthday. On arrival in the room a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket was waiting for us. The staff cannot be more friendly and helpful, we broke the stay in New York with a trip to the Niagara falls. We left our main cases at the Fitzpatrick, then returned to the hotel for the last couple of days. Everyone in the hotel is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Everything you would ideally need from a hotel in a place like New York, because of the amount of places and types of travel needed to get around this big city. They all knew your name and treated you like a much valued and welcome guest, I felt like we were leaving friends when we left to go home. will defiantly be back to stay. Claire and Christopher Sharp

Room Tip: Both our two rooms were great no complaints
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sharp,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful comments about the team at the hotel and I am thrilled that you found each of them friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!