“Dream stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #73 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“Dream stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Honeymooning in New York there was nowhere else we wanted to stay! The hotel's location is ideal for exploring. The staff are friendly and so helpful - they can't do enough for you! They made our trip very special. Rooms are lovely and the general atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Would recommend the Palace deli across the road for delicious breakfasts and Club A Steakhouse nearby for a huge feed!

• Stayed May 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Icolli,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and in particular found our staff friendly and helpful. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on the bedroom you stay in while at Fitzpatrick Manhattan. I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would rate this hotel a 4 to 4.5 (trip advisor should allow 1/2 points).

Location: near a ton of shopping (largely upscale); near Central Park (easily walkable); near a subway station (two blocks up on 59th); near plenty of food options.

Room: major points on style. Room was conservatively stylish (mainly neutral with stronger brown accents). Decent size - not huge, but this is New York (therefore smaller scale expected). The room had a small fridge as an added bonus (handy to pick up breakfast in advance). Noise level: I slept well. If there was street noise, I didn't notice - it didn't impact my sleep.

Overall: this place has personality. I'd recommend it and would stay here again. Friends stayed at a different, large comparatively nondescript chain hotel with a huge lobby (although good location). Their hotel felt large and anonymous. The scale of the Fitz is much more intimate, which is very nice in such a large and what can sometimes be an overwhelming city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Sunnybird,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

I am glad that you found that Fitzpatrick Manhattan was close to the main shops and to Central Park. On behalf of the team thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent 10 days here.We cannot praise the staff enough,very friendly nothing to much trouble.Have stayed in NY before and will say this hotel is the best we have ever been in.One of the best things we also found was how quiet it was at night time,had the greatest nights sleep ever.Would recommend the Fitzpatrick to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room 405 didnt have a view but was very quiet which more than made up for it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear 2MrpostmanElliott6,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the staff friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

great hotel, nice staff. cannot fault it at all. stayed there before. rooms are big for new york, great service.
not much else to say about it. location is ok, close to 5th avenue and central park. can be noisy at times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Takoka 72,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fitzpatrick Manhattan and that you found the service excellent.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have only just returned from our visit from the Big Apple, This visit was a treat for my husbands 50th Birthday. On arrival in the room a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket was waiting for us. The staff cannot be more friendly and helpful, we broke the stay in New York with a trip to the Niagara falls. We left our main cases at the Fitzpatrick, then returned to the hotel for the last couple of days. Everyone in the hotel is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Everything you would ideally need from a hotel in a place like New York, because of the amount of places and types of travel needed to get around this big city. They all knew your name and treated you like a much valued and welcome guest, I felt like we were leaving friends when we left to go home. will defiantly be back to stay. Claire and Christopher Sharp

Room Tip: Both our two rooms were great no complaints
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sharp,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful comments about the team at the hotel and I am thrilled that you found each of them friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was the first time I and my husband had visited New York and it was not without a little trepidation on my part, however, the whole experience was amazing. The Fitzpatrick isn't far from Central Park and is well placed for accessing all the other sights. It is a smaller hotel than many that are available and has a very personal feel. The staff were all, without exception, professional and caring. We had asked for a room on a lower level and that is what we got. It was of a perfectly adequate size with a 5ft bed, a separate bathroom with a large shower and a walk in wardrobe containing iron and ironing board, safe etc. It was very clean and I suppose the only criticism might be is that there wasn't a view, but that was our choice. The food was excellent and although we did go out for breakfast a couple of times - once to Grand Central Station - I far preferred the quality of food in the hotel. Dinner was also good so we ate in a couple of times. We were well guided by staff when looking for things to do and on the final day our cases were safely stored until we were ready to leave. If we return to New York I honestly don't think we will even consider anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a view you need to ask for it. Our room on the 1st floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Daisy 22008,

I am delighted that you found the Fitzpatrick Manhattan location suitable to Central Park and the other sites that you visited. The ethos of the hotel is based on delivering exceptional customer care and thank you for your very kind comments in regards to this. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your positive comments.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I will admit this upfront--- this is a biased review. I am rating this hotel 100% based on customer service. I wish i could give them 6 stars!

We used this hotel for all the guests at our wedding. We had over 50 people stay there and we could not have been more impressed with the way the hotel handled our reservations and went out of their way to make all of our guests happy.

The chef, bar tenders, group reservation... we loved them all!

We got group rates quoted for 15 different hotels and this one gave us the best rates by far! While other matched their normal rates, the Fitzpatrick undercut their normal rates for us by a LOT!

(The other hotel we had a group rate was, was the Palace hotel. What a mess! I would NOT recommend choosing that!)

If you are looking for good rates for a group event and amazing service, the Fitzpatrick is a fabulous option! Not luxurious but we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Blossom B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that your wedding guests enjoyed the hotel and I can assure you that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

It was our pleasure to look after your very important wedding guests and on behalf of Fitzpatrick's thank you for choosing us.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!