I would rate this hotel a 4 to 4.5 (trip advisor should allow 1/2 points).
Location: near a ton of shopping (largely upscale); near Central Park (easily walkable); near a subway station (two blocks up on 59th); near plenty of food options.
Room: major points on style. Room was conservatively stylish (mainly neutral with stronger brown accents). Decent size - not huge, but this is New York (therefore smaller scale expected). The room had a small fridge as an added bonus (handy to pick up breakfast in advance). Noise level: I slept well. If there was street noise, I didn't notice - it didn't impact my sleep.
Overall: this place has personality. I'd recommend it and would stay here again. Friends stayed at a different, large comparatively nondescript chain hotel with a huge lobby (although good location). Their hotel felt large and anonymous. The scale of the Fitz is much more intimate, which is very nice in such a large and what can sometimes be an overwhelming city.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style Boutique hotel with Irish hospitality, at 57th St - Rooms with beamed ceilings, brass fixtures, rosewood furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Fareportal , Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.