“Wish we could have stayed longer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #56 of 451 hotels in New York City
San Jose, CA
“Wish we could have stayed longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had an overnight stay in NYC between two long flights, so we took a chance on the Fitzpatrick Hotel after reading other helpful reviews. And, we are so glad that we booked our stay here! From the moment we arrived, the staff was very helpful, check in was smooth, and we were happy to receive a number of late dinner recommendations. Our room was perfect for an overnight - comfy bed, pillows, clean and tidy. The next morning, while we checked out early, we were able to store our backs during the day while we enjoyed a whirlwind tour of NYC.

This is a great location - close to 5th Ave for shopping, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, etc.

Next time we return to NYC we will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Tj6604,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on this site and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful and that your check in was smooth. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
SF Bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

You can't do better than the price/value equation of this smaller but super-friendly hotel. They took excellent care of an elderly relative of ours visiting from Ireland, making her toast mid-afternoon so she could enjoy some tea and toast before retiring for the day after a very tiring flight. The tea serving was a entire teapot of many cups! My kids loved the Tayto crisps at the bar which they remembered from visits to Ireland and my husband was thrilled -o enjoy a delicious Irish breakfast, perfectly cooked. The rooms are a good size and well appointed with updated and very functional showers, as well as nice touches such as an armchair for sitting and reading, a pants press, an umbrella in the closet, a mini fridge and coffee/tea and a docking station to recharge your phone. The staff is very friendly yet professional and actually helpful.

Dear Trishasfbayarea,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and professional. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Kyoto, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Room selection is key here. Each floor has a budget room (alas, mine) that's about 120sf (excluding small bath and tiny closet). Rooms are well appointed (hardwoods by hickory chair). Bathrooms are tiny, but have marble and nice fixtures. The two biggest problems are: (1) the HVAC system is terribly inadequate and it was impossible to manage the temperature in the room and (2) the mattress was simply awful. Frankly, I've never slept on a mattress that bad. I have no idea if this is a problem throught the hotel, or if it was just bad luck.
Staff is polite and friendly. Location is ideal if you're shopping on Madison avenue, or if you do't mind walking about 3 blocks to the nearest subway stop.

Room Tip: Price and room size are correlated here. Budget priced rooms are small by Hobbit standards. Thre a...
Dear Windance,

Thank ytou for taking the time to post your review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I am sorry that you found an issue with the mattress and HVAC system in your room and i will have both of these items checked.

I can assure you that it is rare for us to recieve a negative comment on the comfort of the beds in the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and when deciding on your next trip to New York please contact me directly. My email is scookman@fitzpaatrickhotels.com.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hi Guys,

Myself and my wife stayed at your hotel for 5 nights, on our honeymoon. The service there was 10 out of 10!! Rooms are very clean, and well kept. The staff there were very helpful and friendly, special mention to Chris and Aoife you guys are brilliant!! We will be visiting NY again very soon!!

Regards,

Carl & Bernie

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Carl P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us on your honeymoon and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was an excellent choice for location - it's within comfortable walking distance of some of the big attractions. The welcome and the genuine warmth of the staff was wonderful and many of the other guests had stayed before. The room was very comfortable, and well prepared, and was immediately changed at check in to two beds for us as I was visiting with my young son. The bar was comfortable, friendly and again with excellent staff. There are always staff available to help you, to book a restaurant, to book tickets for an attraction, or just to advise on directions or to give information about the area. We had room service food a couple of times - it was fast, efficient and delicious. There are many places to eat - including in the hotel. The room service menu, the novelty, and the pure joy of being in New York, just proved too much for my son who took the 'initiative' let's say, and ordered! Check in and check out was smooth and again the staff booked our airline seats and checked our transfers for us. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are sometimes great offers to upgrade to a suite.
Dear Libby50,

I was delighted to read your comments and i know that the team will be thrilled to learn of same. Thank you for mentioning that you found them to be genuinly warm.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent hotel, staff very helpful and friendly. Had a suite on the 3rd floor (Room 302) facing Lexington Avenue. Even though it was facing the main road had a great nights sleep. Rooms were an excellent size and well furnished.

Prices in the bar very reasonable.

Would definitely recommend to others.

Dear ice_dancers,

I am delighted that you found the staff helpful and friendly and I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Fitzpatrick Manhattan is in a great area, really central and it was a joy to see it after tramping around the Manhattan streets! I would agree with other reviewers that the staff are excellent and it is a really good idea that there is a manager on duty at all times. They were extremely efficient and responded immediately to any requests or queries. The hotel is lovely and the Fitz bar was not intimidating at all for a lone female traveller. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear BertheMorisot,

I was delighted to read your kind comments and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of same. In particular I am happy that you found the team helpful and friendly.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!