“The staff make the Fitzpatrick worth a visit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
London
“The staff make the Fitzpatrick worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff at the Fitzpatrick are first class; they make the stay at the Fitzpatrick special. That made the stay worthwhile. However the rooms are disappointing. We initially had a small double at the back of the hotel, which was quiet and very small, but with a very weak shower and no bath. You almost had to run in it to get wet! Upon request, after a couple of nights, we were moved to a suite. Huge space with a lovely king sized bed, separate lounge and bathroom. However, it was on the fourth floor facing Lexington and it was incredibly noisy - as if we had left a window open, and we found it drafty on the bed nearest the window and quite cold. The lobby is tiny, as is the bar. There are no public areas to sit in. The Internet is very expensive at $14.95 a day ( go to Starbucks across the road). The location is great. Would I recommend it? I'm not sure. I have stayed at The Warwick, The Kitano and The Waldorf Astoria for similar cost and the Fitzpatrick can only stand against them because of the staff. It would have to be very competitive on price to return to again.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a suite and go high to avoid the noise on Lexington.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear LondonWickedWe,

I am delighted to read that you found are staff friendly and helpful and I know that they will be thrilled to learn same. I would like to extend my sincere apology that you found the room noisey and drafty and I will certainly have the windows in the room looked at and fixed.

On your next visit to New York please contact me directly scookman@fitzpatrickhotels.com and I will take care of the reservation arrangements for you personally.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and I hope that I will be able to welcome you to the hotel on your next visit.

Area Manager/ General Manager

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I don't often write reviews, but feel compelled to say how fantastic this hotel is. Great location, friendly staff, lovely rooms. We stayed here with our two children (9 & 7), and we were able to walk to 5th Ave, Central Park, the Met and the Empire State. The two concierges were great, good restaurant tips (the Italian round the corner was particularly good) and always happy to help, as were all the staff. It really made our trip special.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear SD S,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I know that team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

Bellmore, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

we live on Long Island so rarely do we stay in NYC, but we did this time for a romantic weekend.

The hotel is really cozy, it is not huge.

On check n they immediately upgraded us to a suite. The room was huge, and updated nicely. The bathroom, though not huge was clean and updated.

The restaurant/bar is a great place to dine and just people watch

Room Tip: rooms in the front have windows on Lexington Avenue, which can be busy. The back rooms have a view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Srcesq,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for five nights with family, what a great place to stay, starting with rooms , we had a suite which had one double and one pull out sofa for kids, both really comfortable , shower really strong with plenty of towels etc, the bar was super with really good friendly helpful staff , Dave was always witty and good with advice, food in bar and Resteraunt was top class and good value, don't miss breakfast it says its the best in Manhattan and I figure that's not far from the truth!
We had a problem with wheelchair and charger due to European voltage , the front of house staff (all of them) could not have done any more to help, they had their in house engineer check it immediately and when all avenues exhausted , sourced and arranged to have one delivered to hotel for us, simply excellent service, hotel is very suitable for wheelchair use by the way, the location is excellent really close to all main tourist areas and shopping , have stayed in New York a few times , this hotel is the first I can say that I have enjoyed returning to after a day of shopping or sightseeing and chill at the bar and enjoy a pint, don't miss the Guiness it's dare I say it better than home ! Can't wait to go back to New York , and when I do it's back to Fitzpatricks Manhattan Hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Colin B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for deciding to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is well run and is a credit all the team that run it. The rooms are big by NYC standards and the service is really good. All the staff are really friendly and John, Shane an team should be really proud of their reputation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Larrythelounge lizard,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Morristown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I really loved my stay here and can't wait to go back. I am a native New Yorker who often spends weekends in NYC as a treat. This was my first stay at this hotel and it more than met my expectations. The staff was unbelievably accommodating. When I arrived my room wasn't quite ready so they immediately upgraded me to a suite and escorted me to the bar and provided free drink and snack coupons. The hotel isn't new but the suite is huge and the bathroom is absolutely gorgeous ... marble counters, great moldings and a large tub.

The hotel is in a great location. I generally prefer the westside to the east but I found this hotel very well situated and close to great shopping and restaurants. I was impressed when one of the staff members (I asked for recommendations for an Italian restaurant) provided me with not 1 or 2 but 6 Italian restaurants with pretty detailed descriptions of the style and food.

I can't complain about a single thing during my 2-day stay here and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors might be quieter but we faced a main street and didn't seem to be bothere...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Sdmd04,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you really impressed in particular with one of the team members. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your review.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having just returned from the best visit to NYC, we already want to return!

From the moment we arrived in The Fitzpatrick Manhattan everything was wonderful. We arrived at 1.30pm, which I thought was too early to check-in but instantly we were made to feel at home. After such a long journey, it was a real pleasure to have such a welcome. Within moments, our keys were issued for our amazing room and we headed upstairs to the 16th (i hope I am right in saying this) floor. We were lucky enough to have the O' Dalaigh Suite. WOW, is all I can say. I have stayed in hotels in New York more times than I can remember and this was by far the best hotel I have ever experienced.

I think what most New York hotels are missing are the little touches, but this hotel has them all. From the homely lobby, to the stylish bar with lots of atmosphere, the post box that actually works and you can post your letters from any floor to the lobby(!!!), the lovely rooms but most importantly the staff.

The staff cannot do enough for you, from Leo the Bellman (who is an expert at opening up Barbie doll boxes for my little girl now!!!) to Marmina on the check in desk, Katie from the concierge and general manager Chris - Thanks you to you all for all the recommendations, the restaurants suggestions, the shops and all the ideas for our adventures they were perfect!

I honestly cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, it is unusual for me to recommend hotels to family, friends or work colleagues but I have already done just that.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coltrate,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and a huge thank you for mentioning so many of the team by name. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your very kind review.

A sincere thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in the future.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!