“A Classy Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #70 of 447 hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“A Classy Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our second time to visit New York and stay in Fitzpatrick's. we took the kids on this trip since they're a big older now, 13 and 7. We got a family suite with a sofa bed in the sitting room. This hotel is lovely. The staff are the best we've ever come across. They help you in every way from checking shows, tickets, cabs or restaurants. The location is just off 57th St. on Lexington Avenue which is a stones throw from Central Park, 5th Avenue, and Bloomingdales. If you're going to New York book this hotel, you will not be disappointed. If you're going this far you should stay in a comfortable hotel with a warm welcome ideally located.

• Stayed November 2012
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear TheJellies,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the team to be warm,helpful and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your positive review.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to one of the Fitzpatrick family hotels in the future.

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had the good fortune of staying at the Fitzpatrick during Hurricane Sandy last month. We had originally booked to stay there for a long weekend but thanks to Sandy ended up by staying for more than a week. For the whole of our stay the staff and management where fantastic. They were totally flexible when it came to dealing with the uncertainties of flight changes, and were courteous and helpful from start to finish. When (and not if) we go back to New York the Fitzpatrick will be high on our list of hotel destinations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dermott M,

I know that it was a difficult time to be staying in New York during the hurricane with the uncertainity of flights but am glad that we made it that little bit easier for you.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the team to be both helpful and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your positive review.

Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here for for the first time one night at the end of September mainly because of its convenient location in midtown. I traveled with my brother from New Jersey so we could attend a wedding party at a venue nearby and I must say I was impressed with the hotel and the way they treat their guests. The gentleman Kris who checked me in was extremely kind and made me feel so welcomed. Peter the bellman in the morning helped me book a restaurant, book a dinner cruise on the hudson, sent me to a great comedy club in the village and helped me with pretty much anything I could ask for, special thanks to him he made this trip. Its a great feeling when you get the sense everyone you talk to there actually enjoys what they do and they do it very well to say the least. Ive stayed at many big hotels that offer nowhere near the amount of service that this small boutique does. Only downside was no free wi-fi but it makes up for it in every other aspect. The room itself was nice with comfortable beds, great robes and very clean. The restaurant is also nice and thanks to the bartender Jessica who was great fun to talk with. I would absolutely recommend this place for those traveling with couples or families because it is a quiet almost hidden location but super convenient to everything around.

-Michael

Room Tip: the front of the hotel on a higher floor gives you a nice and view and isn't too loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I appreciate you doing so.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you book on the Fitzpatrick Hotel site, you are actually making a pay-in-advance, very difficult to cancel reservation on an offshore site called Easy to Book. At the Fitzpatrick, your reservation will be listed as having been made through Expedia, but it doesn't end there. You can't cancel with Expedia. The reservation lives on Easy to book. Never heard of this? Neither had I. Took two hours and many, many phone calls to resolve. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! Or be sure you book directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We travelled to New York on the 26th October 2012 as a party of four adults. We stayed at the Fitzpatrick Hotel and can honestly say we all absolutely loved this hotel. The rooms had everything required and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. As you can see from our arrival date we were in New York for the hurricane, however luckily for us this did not affect our stay except for a couple of days less shopping. The staff in the hotel had to stay in the hotel because of the weather and they worked their socks off to make sure all our needs were catered for. I have stayed in some amazing hotels but this was just something else. The atmosphere and staff made it exceptional - Mark, Chris, Aoife, Hasan, Ciaran, Cormac, Anna, Jules and all the staff who's names I didn't get YOU WERE ALL SUPERB. Thank you so much, best wishes to you all and we hope to return to New York and The Fitzpatricks Hotel in the near future!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Joan D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel and I appreciate you doing so.

West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Fitz is on Lexington Avenue and is a pretty average hotel in need of some restoration. The rooms are small....as are most hotel rooms in New York but the staff friendly and helpful. There is a lively bar next to reception and this gets busy in the early evening. If you want to shop in Bloomingdales, this is a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Dont get a room overlooking lexington Avenue, its very noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear RichWestSussex,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on this site and I appreciate you doing so.

I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and that the location of the hotel for shopping was excellent..

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Loved this place. An important caveat that might cloud my glowing review: my employer picked up the tab and I found myself upgraded to a suite. If I wasn't traveling on someone else's dime, it's unlikely that I would have been in this hotel. Nonetheless, I loved it and thoroughly recommend it.

Hurricane Sandy was bearing down on New York and my nearby employer put many of us at a nearby hotel.

It is an elegant hotel, in good shape. Room was modern and luxurious. Bed was extremely comfortable and the suite I was in was absolutely amazing. Just wish that I was staying with a wife or girlfriend, instead of solo for work.

Great location at Lex and 57th which is perfect as a base for anyone visiting New York City. Plenty of Irish accents, both on the part of the highly efficient staff and hotel guests.

Really a nice property and couldn't ask for anything more.

Perfect place for business or out of town visitors, provided it meets the budget.

Room Tip: Try to Avoid Rooms on Lexington Avenue; It's Loud, Even on a Higher Floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Frqflier,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found our stay to be helpful and friendly. I know that they will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Been to Fitzpatrick Manhattan? Share your experiences!