“Great quality. Central location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Berkshire Place

You added Omni Berkshire Place to your Saves list
Omni Berkshire Place
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 E 52nd St, at Madison Ave, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #62 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great quality. Central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

A friendly high quality hotel perfectly located in Manhatten
Great staff attitude good rooms and meals
Bar a little pricy
Particuarly good doormen and great advice on local sites

Very close to 5th and 6th ave and Central Park

Very noce

• Stayed December 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Berkshire Place!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here while on a recent weekend vacation to NYC. As with other Omni properties in which I've stayed, the staff were pleasant and efficient, and the rooms nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. In addition, this property is in a great location to boot - close to all the action, and close to a subway station. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted to read that everything from our associates, to our rooms, to our location lived up to the standards set by our sister properties. Thank you for your review and we hope you will return soon!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was in NYC on a Girls' Weekend and stayed 5 nights at the Omni. The location was perfect for exploring the city. It was close to some great shopping on 5th Ave, attractions (Rockefeller Center, Central Park), and delicious restaurants. It was a short walk to the subway when we couldn't walk to our destinations. Our room was comfortable and each morning we had a newspaper delivered along with 2 beverages. Our room was on the 4th floor facing 52nd Street and I didn't hear a thing at night. The concierge recommended a couple of restaurants that ended up being great choices. Will certainly stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your girls' getaway. We are delighted to read that you had such a wonderful experience and we hope to have you back soon!
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at the Omni Berkshire while on business in NYC. Overall it was a decent experience but with so many choices in NYC, I will not likely do this one again. We arrived fairly late at night and check in was quick and efficient. The lobby is very basic, nothing to write home about. I had a meeting over at the Roosevelt Hotel and the lobby at that hotel was lovely compared to this one. So much warmer and more inviting. My room was your typical small space as is to be expected for NYC but it was adequate for me. Cozy. Bathroom also adequate. The water in the shower did not always run hot, closer to lukewarm. The bed was comfortable. The room had all of the basic amenities that one would need for a comfortable stay but it was not luxurious - which is the sense I got from the hotel's website. It was far from luxurious. For the price I was expecting more. They charge for internet use here unless you are a loyalty member which I think is ridiculous. I had the breakfast buffet every morning at the hotel's restaurant, Fireside and it was very good. The staff that I encountered were invariably not the friendliest but they were efficient. Perhaps the best thing about this hotel is its location. Right off 5th on 52nd so we were able to walk to alot of our meetings and of course, great shopping steps away. But that does noy sway me and I am hardpressed to find reason to return. It was just an ok experience for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It is disappointing to read that you didn't have a more exceptional experience at our hotel. We do appreciate your constructive feedback and will use it as we try to pinpoint ways we can offer a better experience to our customers. Thank you for taking the time to share and we hope you will reconsider a future stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was on vacation in NYC, and stayed at the Omni. I was very nice on the inside, my room was newly renovated. The people are very nice, and the concierge is great! When I arrived, I needed to switch rooms ( a reason from the person I was staying with, I loved the room!) and they were very nice and easy about it!

Room Tip: Some rooms are significantly smaller than others, ask before you book a room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed your vacation at the Omni Berkshire Place. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope you will return!
MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I loved the hotel location. We upgraded to a bigger room and I loved it, super clean and beautiful bathroom , extremely comfortable king bed, I requested extra pillows and when we got the room the pillows were in top of the bed .. I requested coffee in the morning in my room and newspaper and every day I got my hot coffee in my door , exactly at the time I requested it, I really recommend this hotel ... Good job Omni, I'am a happy customer for sure we will be back next year...
Note : Our room was on the 16 th floor facing 52 st and you were able to hear the cars on the streets .. I still slept super good but maybe next time I will ask for another room location....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you left the Omni Berkshire Place as a happy customer. Thank you for allowing us to read about your experience and we look forward to your next visit!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I had stayed at another hotel in NYC for many years, but when they closed for major renovations a friend recommended The Omni Berkshire. After our first stay we decide that we had found the hotel for us. We have since stayed several times and plan to stay any time we are in NYC in the future.
H. Penna

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled to read that the Omni Berkshire Place is the hotel for you in New York City. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for future visits!

Been to Omni Berkshire Place? Share your experiences!