We travel to NY quite often because our son goes to NYU.We have stayed everywhere from the Four Seasons to the Hampton Inn. Recently we have been staying at smaller boutique style hotels,but last weekend we stayed at The Omni and it was great! We had stayed there several times in the past,but it had been awhile.While it was always a lovely property,this time we were really impressed. The rooms have all been renovated and our room was beautiful,and a nice size.What really stood out was the service,everyone from the bellman,to the bar tender to the concierge ,all provided excellent and friendly service.It seems they are doing a great job of competeing with all the new trendy boutique hotels in NYC.
The bar had a nice festive scene, with good drinks(NY prices $18.00 for a glass of wine) .Not sure about the food as we did not eat there. The hotel has a small,but functional gym,beautiful lobby,and quick elevators. The location is great for all the regular tourist attractions, but also has good subway access- a quick ride downtown and we were at NYU.
We had drinks and appetizers one evening across the street at "Fig and Olive", and it was good.
One thing, I do wish the rooms had coffee makers,but they dont.I would have loved to have had an nespresso machine in the room!
We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Omni and look forward to staying there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience enviable luxury at the Omni Berkshire Place located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Stay just steps from some of New York City's most notable attractions including Fifth Avenue Shopping, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Broadway Theatres, and Times Square. Modern Technology and fresh contemporary decor are brought together for accommodations that embrace the look and feel of an Upper East Side residence. Luxury guestrooms combined with the renowned service and amenities make the Omni Berkshire Place an ideal destination for both business or leisure travelers looking to experience the excitement of Midtown Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Otel and Venere so you can book your Omni Berkshire Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City
- Omni Hotel Berkshire Place
- Omni New York City
- New York City Omni
- Omni Berkshire New York