“Location is the only thing to make the Omni remarkable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Berkshire Place

You added Omni Berkshire Place to your Saves list
Omni Berkshire Place
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 E 52nd St, at Madison Ave, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #46 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Boston, MA
“Location is the only thing to make the Omni remarkable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

You can't beat the location of the Omni, particularly if you are shopping in New York. I expected a little more from his storied hotel. There really isn't anything grand about it. Small lobby, smaller but comfortable rooms. Service was fine, nothing remarkable. And it's not inexpensive. lastly, I've never had such a bad view in a NY hotel. We basically faced an alley. Depressing

Room Tip: Ask for a view. 1505 doesn't have one!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Omni Berkshire was seriously one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We stayed here about 3 years ago while they were undergoing renovations and it was pretty bad. However, since I am an Omni Hotel lover, I decided to give it another try.
The renovations have completely transformed the whole feel of the hotel. The rooms are clean, fresh and modern. The location is awesome and within walking distance, midtown is definitely the place to stay when visiting New York.
Maria checked us in and upgraded our room to make us more comfortable with the two little ones we were traveling with. The room was spectacular! We were on the corner with a street view of 5th Street. The room is beautiful and airy. Everything was clean and the bathroom has more than enough counter space for all of the make up, blow dryers, etc.
We are Select Members and thoroughly enjoy the complimentary beverages every morning delivered to our door and the free wifi.
It was my niece's 5th birthday, and they sent up a bag of jelly beans attached to balloons and a slice of cake with a candle. She was thrilled and felt so special.
Room service was delicious as well. Seriously no complaints. AT ALL. And I am a picky person.
Oh and the beds, probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
I was afraid of raving too much because then everyone would know about this hidden gem in NYC, but they deserve all the praise.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Really great location that is within walking distance of Central Park, Grand Central Station, shopping, dining, and Broadway. Nicely appointed rooms that were clean and comfortable. Very professional and friendly staff. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on their food - but the rooms were really nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stay in Omni hotels whenever possible and am part of their Select Guest program. All Omni Hotels I have stayed in are good, mid-priced hotels (less than the Hiltons of this world etc) and, as a business traveller, have all the usual WiFi, business related add-ons you would expect. This one in NY deserves a special mention because of its staff. I have stayed there a few times, but I don't necessarily stand out. The Bell Staff welcomed me when I first arrived with a 'Welcome Back' - and my name! Throughout my stay the bell staff, front desk and restaurant staff were friendly, helpful and went the extra mile. Otherwise: great location, clean, efficient hotel. Its worth signing up for Select Guest - its free - two things that are really good with it: you get free Wifi; they give you a ticket to hang on your door for free coffee / tea and juice delivered to your room (or knock and leave if like me you don't want the hassle of dressing etc) within a fifteen minute window. For a really modest add-on (about $5), you can add muffins / croissant etc - beats the expense breakfast downstairs hands down!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for always choosing Omni Hotels when you can. We are thrilled that you enjoy the perks of our Select Guest program and aren't surprised that you were remembered upon your return. Our door staff never forget a face! We are grateful for your loyalty and your review and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have just returned from a family vacation in New York and then Boston. We were 2 adults and two teenage boys in 2 rooms. In New York we stayed at the Omni and I cannot praise the staff highly enough. As is mentioned in a recent review Evan, the loyalty ambassador, is a gem. He helped us out in advance of our trip and provided that personal touch which can be lost in big city hotels. In addition he was aware that we were celebrating my retirement and the bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates which were left in our room was very much appreciated. Patricia on the front desk checked us in and was also really attentive and welcomed us back into the hotel each team she saw us passing through the lobby, again this is a very welcome touch in such a busy hotel.

Rooms
Our Rome were on the 15th floor and were ideal really. I am not sure what some other reviewers expect in terms of room size but by European standards the rooms are big and very comfortable.

Concierge
The team on the concierge desk never failed with their recommendations for eating places and information about the city for the tourist.

Breakfast
Other reviews mention that breakfast is a tad expensive.....if you are a British leisure traveller let me tell you the breakfast is ludicrously priced, don't go there. By the time you add tax, gratuity etc the bill for two adults and two children, albeit older teenagers, came to 162 dollars. That is about £105. For this I would expect something special, what is served up is not.....
The buffet consists of 3 hot plates containing fairly soggy pancakes (can you keep them warm for long in this type of service and expect anything else?), scrambled eggs, sausage-bacon-meat combo. This is to be served onto cold plates and taken back to the table. The cold buffet consists of Kellogs variety packs of cereal and fruit.
Honestly, 162 dollars for four!! An 18% service charge for a self serve buffet!!
I don't think I have experienced such a swing in emotions between praise for the individual members of staff trying their very best for customers and incredulity at the stupid price for breakfast.
I would absolutely recommend the Omni to anyone no matter the reason for travel, just don't go for the breakfast buffet option. Did I mention it was 162 dollars for four?

Room Tip: Go high, if possible, not for the view but to get away from the traffic
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is a midtown gem. Great location, great service, great vibe. rooms are small, which is the norm for this area, but very well appointed. Nice amenities but bed was a kirks soft for my tastes. Staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful, which is not the norm for this area. I will definitely return when my travels bring me back to NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior view. Not much to see but you avoid street noise which is considerable in Midto...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Berkshire Place. We are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Berkshire for one night on a business trip and it was a very nice experience. The hotel is very clean, including the room and its bathroom. The room itself was quiet, despite the fact that it is in midtown Manhattan facing Madison Avenue. They give you the convenient option to check out at 4 p.m. at a modest cost, which allows busines travellers not to have to worry about bags after checking out.

Room Tip: The upper floors seem to be uniformly quiet, whether your room faces Madison Avenue or 52nd Street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are glad you had a great stay and found your room to be a peaceful respite from the bustling streets below. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will return soon.

Been to Omni Berkshire Place? Share your experiences!