“Another FANTASTIC stay with Omni” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Berkshire Place

You added Omni Berkshire Place to your Saves list
Omni Berkshire Place
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 E 52nd St, at Madison Ave, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #61 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
fairfield county, ct
“Another FANTASTIC stay with Omni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been Omni Select members for a couple of years and I must say that they have THE BEST loyalty program in the industry. First of all, their customer service is outstanding. Before we arrived, Evan Matzner contacted us to see if we needed any help and every request we had, he handled perfectly - he even responds when he is out of the office. Then, at check-in, Barry Tobin was so warm and welcoming. He helped us with our check out so that we could enjoy our stay in the city even more than we had hoped. And, each time we passed in the lobby, he greeted us with a genuine smile and happiness to see us - it felt like coming home. Each morning, Select Guests, are treated to free room-service of their choice of beverages. This really makes a difference when you are traveling because that sip of coffee or juice can take the hunger edge off as you get ready for your day. Plus it is really fun to get room service everyday!

This is the third or fourth Omni hotel that we have stayed in and they are all very good. They are extremely well maintained - all furnishings and decor are kept up to date and in excellent condition. You always feel that you are in a 5 star resort. They are also very well located. This NYC property is close to so many sites - Central Park, Times Square, Upper East Side. And, the subway is only 1 avenue away - so it is easy to use public transportation. Plus, if you are a shopper, you are right off of 5th Avenue, where there is a wonderful selection of stores. Food options are pretty good - excellent high end restaurants are in the area and some less costly options, as well. A nice stroll to The Plaza and you can enjoy the new Shops at the Plaza, which has a collection of dessert restaurants that will surely please - try Lady M Confectioners for a treat.

Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Omni Berkshire Place in NYC. We are extensive travelers (especially to NYC) and have stayed in many boutique and resort hotels. This is, by far, one of the best options and you will be very happy that you chose to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Berkshire Place. It was such a pleasure for us to read your review and we look forward to sharing your compliments with Evan and Barry. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is well appointed and very conveniently located in midtown New York. I have this thing about staying at hotels located between Park and 5th avenues and this one hits the spot! Very close to the subway line too. Price-wise, I’d say fair. I tend to take the price of the Hilton New York as reference and for similar rooms, if the price is above what’s quoted by the Hilton I label it as “expensive” and if it’s below as “fair”. The room we stayed at was spacious and you could tell it had been renovated not too long ago. On the negative side, walls are too thin and you can hear your neighbors, especially if they’re loud in the wee hours of the morning. Also, you get not TV reception if it rains! Service is OK, New York style, not impolite but they couldn’t care less about you. Finally, it’s worth taking a close look at the check. I was being charged for supposedly free goodies to their select guest members, but upon notification, they corrected the discrepancy straight away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at the Omni Berkshire Place. We are thrilled that our hotel met your criteria for a great hotel in the perfect location. Thank you for also sharing your constructive feedback. The next time you are in New York City we hope you will once again stay with us.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Location is great. Ten minutes walk to Broadway, Times Square, MOMA, etc. Rooms are clean and nice but pretty small. Personnel wasn't too eager to help with luggage and you sometimes can hear the neighbors TV through the wall, but other than that pretty nice considering the location

• Stayed September 2012
Key Biscayne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Omni Berkshire while in New York since the early 1990s, and am consistently impressed and pleased by the qhality of the hotel. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff, fantastic midtown location, very clean and well-appointed rooms as reasonable rates for this hotel market. I've certainly stayed at other Manhattan hotels over the years, including the Essex House, the Plaza and the Waldorf, but I keep going back to the Omni Berkshire for location, quality and value.

A small side note which is a good example of the quality of staff, I had a small noise issue in my room resolved - at 9 on a Wednedsay night - by one of the maintenance engineers who overheard my talking about the noise to someone on my mobile phone while I was in the elevator and who proactively asked if he could help me with it. He didn't fix the noise problem itself, he went to the front desk, changed my room, brought me a new key, loaded all of my stuff onto a baggage cart, and walked me to my new room. This wasn't the front desk or the doormen - this was a maintenance guy. In New York City. At night!

Overall, this is a quality hotel, excellent staff and location, very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently traveled to NYC for business but brought my five-year old for fun - I made the mistake of reserving a trendy hotel nearby that I could not stay at with daughter. We called the Omni which welcomed us at 11 pm with a gift basket for my daughter and a room upgrade. The Omni has unusually spacious rooms for a NYC hotel and it's worth becoming a member to enjoy the complimentary coffee and juice they leave at your door. The rooms are clean, the hallways are quiet, and everyone working there is lovely as well.

My only complaint was the service at the bar during the daytime - we left without eating after waiting over half an hour. However, the manager handled it very well and offered us a complimentary meal another time.

ps great location if you plan to visit the American Girl store.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Berkshire for our 16th anniversary. I picked the hotel for location and were not disappointed. We arrived on a Friday afternoon in the sweltering heat of 90+ degrees, sweating and tired. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a bigger room. I can tell it's the beginning of a great weekend. Less than half an hour in our room, room service arrived with bottles of water, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a chilled bottle of champagne. Compliments of the hotel for our anniversary. Location is perfect. Easy walking distance to Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, Rockefeller Center, MOMA, and subways. The staff was friendly and helpful. The doormen greets us each morning when we leave to in the evening when we come back. We requested a late check-out on Sunday due to a later flight and it was honored. We enjoyed the hotel and staff and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Guest Services. It's free and allows you to have free WiFi in your room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently spent Friday and Saturday night at the Omni. I chose the property based on location and ratings. Upon checking in about 1 pm and entering my room on the 5th floor I was happy I selected the Omni. I went for a quick walking tour of the area. It is in an area with lots to offer. Steps to Cartier and better shops, nice upscale dining, casual dining, even a bakery. I returned to my room about 5 pm. I turned on the TV but could not get national networks, a weather issue I was told. Not a bid deal. The bigger deal was construction noise starting around 6 pm. I thought they were remodeling the room below me. I called the front desk and was told the Lladro store, street level below, was remodeling the space for a new store. They were issued a permit by the city to do construction from 6 pm - 8 pm Friday night. Staff offered to move me to another room but none available until next day. Once construction ended it was still a noisy room, lots of traffic and a bus stop across the street. Not a great nigh'ts sleep. I accepted the offer to change rooms and the next day was moved 5 floors higher. A big plus - the staff, all friendly yet professional.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, avoid the corner above the Lladro store until construction of their space is co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Omni Berkshire Place? Share your experiences!