“One of my favourites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel New York

You added Four Seasons Hotel New York to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 East 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
USD 200 in Hotel Credit
Ranked #130 of 459 Hotels in New York City
London
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

I love this hotel. I stay here every year with my family and have never had a complaint. Excellent size of rooms, service, location and most importantly attention to detail. Would highly recommend to anyone. One trip in particular sticks out - the black out in NY (Summer 2003?) - The Four Seasons made every effort possible to ensure comfort in this tough time (esp when most other hotels simply closed down).

• Liked — Attention to detail
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

Our Family just returned from an exceptional weekend in New York, thanks in large part to the Four Seasons Hotel. We booked the Kids for all Seasons Package which is two adjoining rooms. Children aged 11, 9, 7.

From the moment we arrived, the kids were welcomed and treated wonderfully. They were given a small gift each and then treated to cupcakes and cokes in their room, which I can tell you won them over on the spot.

On a service level, we were given top notch service from everyone at the hotel. The people at the concierge handled all of our transfers and requests for driver and car as well as recommending nearby family friendly restaurants. We were driven twice by the hotel house cars, once each in the Maybach and Rolls Royce. The door men were excellent. Every little need or request was addressed immediately from pressing to bandaid requests to room service etc... each time someone responded immediately. Yes this level of service is expected at these prices, but in our case they did deliver!

The location was fantastic for shopping as well as proximity to sight seeing, FAO Schwartz, Central Park.

Our rooms were very spacious for New York standards and extremely well appointed. We had a surplus of closet and drawer space, the washrooms were incredible. No noise concerns and we were only on the 10th floor. I did not find the decor boring or drab as other reviews have stated, I felt it was elegant and luxurious in an understated way.

Let us not forget this is Manhattan, not Hawaii. I wasn't expecting the same decor and atmosphere as a Four Seasons "Resort". I felt the entire hotel was well suited to a stay in Manhattan and representative of the Manhattan we wanted our children to experience and remember.

Unfortunately there were some crotchety folks who were cranky with the children for no apparant reason. We turned those into teachable moments for us to share with the kids that sometimes it's the adults who are badly behaved (not the children).

If you want a flawless, stress free place to stay in a serene atmosphere where you don't have to do all the planning and scheduling - you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Flawless Service and Surroundings
  • Disliked — Occasional Snooty Couple
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

Thursday to Sunday in the FSNY was perfect. No kids to drive us mad, a stunning room on the 29th floor with dual aspect windows meant 2 different views, and glorious weather (the hotel had nothing to do with the weather).

We did start at the 19th floor but after a polite request, the front desk happily changed our room to a higher floor. Rodman at the Concierge was a god - pure genius. He guided us round the shops, the sights & the restaurants and seemed to know exactly what we wanted when we wanted it.

If I was to pick any bones, it would be the price of 2 hot chocolates at bedtime (my wife's regular hotel request) but at over $30.00, it seemed a little steep. In fact, it took 20 hours for anyone to remove the tray from our room.

Both my wife & i had Spa treatments and desipte the price, they were both excellent.

Overall, I rate this hotel experience as one of my most enjoyable. New York has a special vibe about it, and the location, the style & the class of the FSNY made this a perfect place to stay

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

Had the most amazing stay here. The rooms were great. The service was THE BEST I have ever experienced, especially Steven at the Concierge desk !

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Having stayed the the FSNY several years ago, I was almost afraid to return after reading several of the more-recent reviews on this site. I had fond memories of the stunning open lobby, the oh so savvy concierge, the friendly staff, and the marvelous and comfortable rooms and, especially the bathrooms. This is not to say I do not remember that all of this comes at quite a hefty price, but one must pay for a superior experience. So, off I went, fingers crossed, and...

...I am happy to report all is well at the Four Seasons! The same helpful and knowlegeable staff, the same sky-high standards of care obvious in the housekeeping and furnishings, the same absolutely fantastic location. And, the same stratospheric prices I remembered, but somehow didn't mind paying. This hotel is an experience in itself, and one not to be missed. You owe it to yourself to enjoy the splendor, at least once in your life. Somehow I think you'll find it was worth it.

• Liked — The architecture of the public areas is a visual delight.
  • Disliked — Everything was great.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

After staying at a few FS hotels throughout the world, I decided to spend the week-end with my wife there.
The FSNY is a very nice hotel but it lacks life! It felt very sterile and too corporate to us.
On the plus:
-staff is very friendly
-location is good
-their signature massage is top
-rooms are clean and spacious
On the min:
-rooms lack inspiration
-turn down service is just that (not like in the Mandarin with water, chocolates, info paper and an Asian inspired saying)
-amenities though by Bulgari are very basic
-high premium to be paid for a good view (always inclusive at the Mandarin)
So if you want to stay in a top chain hotel in NYC, the Mandarin Oriental beats the FSNY easily: lively, nicer and bigger rooms, more amenities and even cheaper....

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

I cannot express my disappointment with my stay at this hotel. There was still feces flecking the toilet when we checked in and a hair on the nice, white sheets. It took two hours for them to decide if they were going to change our room or clean it--they ultimately cleaned it with no apologies. The front desk staff were gruff and unhelpful--failing to even answer basic questions about museums and theatre tickets. The elevators were broken or under repair for our first night. At the restaurant, the first two items we ordered were unavailable. I expected much, much more from the Four Seasons flagship in NYC. No apologies were ever made.

• Stayed January 2003, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel New York? Share your experiences!