“Would go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel New York

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel New York to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 East 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
USD 200 in Hotel Credit
Ranked #109 of 452 hotels in New York City
Port Talbot
“Would go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Rooms a little dated but very clean, Staff very friendly and helpful nothing to much trouble for them. Didn't eat here so I can't comment on food, Excellent location. Had a slight problem but it was dealt with sufficiently, to minor to mention.
Would go back would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsNewYork, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Greetings holidayhappy1,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to a friend. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great location, friendly and attentive staff ! The views are amazing. We have stayed many times and are never disappointed. Room service food is outstanding. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The spa was in the process of being renovated while we were there. We used the one they set up in its place. It was very nice. The one negative is they have no outlets by the bed. Its still our favorite place to stay in the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings holidayhappy1,

Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Prime location, internationally renowned and supposedly high-class hotel name, as confirmed by the asking room rates.
Yet, and despite having tried to prevent any (bad) surprise for all the guests we were bringing in (20 VVIPs) through numerous discussions, service was totally below standard and expectations, at almost all levels….

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear DCP2014,

I am very dissapointed to hear that you found our service to be below your standards. We would like to know more. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was a good standard hotel but with a very good location. It is overpriced, but very clean and the staff was friendly. The registration desk was inept at doing correct billing, but were very polite and did their best, which finally rectified the situation. The view from the hotel could have been very nice, but there was construction going on. It wasn't the hotel's fault but I could understand why they "upgraded" me to that room when I saw that it wasn't a room with a view. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. There is no free wifi, which in the 21st century is ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear John L,

Thank your for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with the competence of our front desk team. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Front Desk Manager can discuss your issues personally. Please note that there is now complimentary WIFI offered at the hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Amazing location - we were on the 50th floor with beautiful view over Central Park. Service generally was outstanding, particularly the Concierge and house staff. They were brilliant and couldn't do enough to help. They organised hard to get plays and restaurants for us without any fuss. Great advice on where to go etc. Very, very good and if you are new to New York I would j stay there just to ease the hassles. The rooms are nice as always with the Four Seasons but getting a bit tired. Probably been spoilt in other Four Season properties - but did expect a bit more. Definitely need a refresh. The Spa was average and the staff were more interested in pushing products than service. The Bar was a highlight and lowlight. When not busy it was a great place for a drink before or after dinner. We went there every night. When busy the service and even getting a table was hopeless and depended whether you looked like the "in crowd" - even though you are staying at the hotel! 1130 on a weeknight and the service was rubbish. That was disappointing and not what I expect of the Four Seasons. The reason we stay at the Four Seasons wherever we go is the quality of the accommodation, the outstanding service and the way the little things are covered. Not quite got it right at this hotel. Having said that we had a beautiful stay and fantastic time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Noel T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are imperative to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, our guest rooms will be renovated in 2015. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Axvall, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed two nights at the four seasons New York. We've been here before, and really like the Four Season. Last time we where blown away, especially bye the staff and the service. It really was something out of the ordinary. This time we didn't get that wow effect. We still enjoyed our stay but there where several small things that made us not get that wow effect. I can start by complimenting the personal at the front desk, they where absolutely fenomenal! Also the room was lovely as usual. But the things that was not so good, was that I found old food in the mini fridge from a former quest. This was kind of hard to see because it fell out when I took out a bottle. But this is something that shouldn't happen at the four seasons. I did not mention this to the front desk, and if I would they would accommodated me in the best way, that I know! Also when we came in 21.20 our rooms where not made for the night, the turn down service had not been there. I think later then 21.00 is not ok to come. We got a slip under the door ten minutes later that said the maid had been there. The third thing that made me a little bit disappointed where the fact that there where only one person at the front door. This person had to take care of all the incoming guest, all there bags and also try to get taxis for people that where waiting for taxis. Because of this we had to wait 25 minutes for a cab, which made us late for our dinner reservation. Except from all this I still love this hotel. I usually say every one can have a bad day, even the Four Seasons ;-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anna-Karin B,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our doormen, room service and housekeeping staff didn’t meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

As soon as we stepped out of the car, we were very pleased & felt welcome. I think it's important to note that we did not pull up in a fancy or even new model car.

When we got to the front desk, the woman (I'm sorry I don't remember her name) couldn't have been more lovely to deal with & moved us to a higher floor with a view of the top of the Chrysler Building. I didn't realize how much I'd enjoy seeing it lit up at night.

She had the staff transport everything they had set up in our original room moved into 2806 (this included extra pillows I had requested when booking, complimentary pet goodies for my little Java, a bowl of fruit & a bottle of wine). The entire staff worked quickly & seemingly effortlessly to set up the room.

The room itself is a very nice size (I believe it's 500sq ft), with a beautiful, well appointed & maintained bathroom. Showering there felt like being at a high end spa. I loved it.
There was ample closet & drawer space, open shelves, full length mirror & a place for luggage...all in the bathroom section of the room. Fabulous! Oh, I thoroughly appreciated the television in the bathroom while I was putting my makeup on.
The only negative in the bathroom is an odd flushing button to push on the tank of the toilet. You have to push hard & it has a heck of a recoil, plus it's loud. When you get up in the middle of the night, it can jolt you right out of sleep mode. Lol

The main area of the room had a King sized bed, desk, small couch & coffee table. The TV on the wall is rather small for the size of the room; but I like that it was attached to a swivel mounting bracket. The remote controlled curtains & sheers are a switch on the wall, near the head of the bed for easy access to block out the light or let in the sun.
I was surprised that the bed wasn't as comfortable as I had heard about. I think the mattress was more comfortable at The NY Palace hotel. But it wasn't a bad night's sleep; I never woke up with a back ache. I think I had just heard so much about what great bedding The Four Seasons has, that I expected to want to order a mattress for my home.
The cleanliness of the room was EXCELLENT! Absolutely spotless!!

The room service, which was ordered more than once per day, as I was recovering from a surgical procedure, was fantastic the first night & all the other times either the order was wrong or the filet mignon wasn't cooked to the temperature ordered, or it was bland. This was a disappointment. The breakfast I ordered was not good at all & I cannot recommend even their croissants, which were stale and actually made me say "ew" after taking a bite. I strongly recommend they allow guests to order from the restaurant menu, bc I would've had no problem paying a premium for that service.

The day before I left I finally stepped out for my doctor appointment & the doorman was outside speaking with two women. I needed a cab & raised my hand for one, when one pulled up the doorman said something like "no-no, that's for them." I stepped back, he opened the door of the cab for the women. I thought he would address me then & say he'd assist in hailing me a cab. He didn't. I said "I really need a cab. Is it better for me to go somewhere else, like up the block to get one?" He said "Yeah, you're better off on an Avenue." I turned left to the corner, crossed the street & went left again, in front of another hotel & got a cab.
I have NEVER had such awful, dismissive treatment at ANY hotel I've ever stayed at. I don't know that gentleman's name, but he needs to be trained in common courtesy. Maybe he didn't see me walking out of the hotel he was representing; but I still don't think it justifies his lousy attitude.
He was the ONLY person during our stay that had a poor attitude. Every other staff member encountered (even over the phone) was extremely polite & very helpful. Even ordering room service, they were always polished & courteous. Also note, I never called to complain about the room service.
Even though the majority of the food from room service wasn't very good...there was one night when it was excellent! So, maybe the chef we liked was off for the next couple of days. I still would've rated this hotel 5 stars. Unfortunately, because of one doorman's treatment of me, and the taste it left...I cannot rate the Four Seasons a 5.
It does however, warrant an enthusiastic 4 Star rating.
I'll be heading back to NY in May. I think I'll be going to another hotel; but only bc there are a number of luxury hotels to choose from in the area.

Oh! There was work going on outside & we never heard anything! So quiet & peaceful.

Overall, an enjoyable stay & I do recommend it.

Suggestion: iPhone docking station with speakers. :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Franburg,

I hope this notes finds you on the mend and you are feeling better. We have sent your feedback to the Chef about the unsatisfactory cuisine through room service. Would you like our Chef to contact you directly to discuss? Furthermore, I apologize for the attitude of our staff at the door. This is very disappointing to hear. The feedback has been shared. We hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Tiffani Cailor

Been to Four Seasons Hotel New York? Share your experiences!