“New Favorite Place to Stay in the City!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #135 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“New Favorite Place to Stay in the City!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I love the Thompson hotel group. I've stayed at 60T and the Smyth but LES is my favorite! I love the location in the lower east side. There is such a great nightlife and so many good restaurants to choose to eat at. I visited the city with a group of my girlfriends so it was the perfect location to catch up. The staff is young and has so many great suggestions of things to do in the area. It's really easy to get to the surrounding neighborhoods such as Soho..
The room is really modern and chic with huge windows that give a great view of the city. We were so lucky to get corner room on a high floor facing uptown. The shower head was the best part of the stay.
We went to the restaurant Shang one night which had amazing sushi and breakfast on the terrace in the morning was great as well. Didn't get a chance to use the outdoor pool but definitely want to come back in the summer to test it out.

Overall it was a great experience for my friends and I and I will continue staying at the LES when I make trips to NY.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Check in was great, stay was great, room was very comfortable. A little smal but worth the view. Lots of windows and the shower was amazing. Room service prices were reasonable (All Sushi...Susur Lee runs SHang downstairs)

We ran out of towels one day. They don't give you many. But, we called and they brought some up immediately.

When checking out, the rate was wrong. I couldn't finf my booking email and the reservation site was 'down' mysteriously' I paid the full rate and they said to call when found. i did and was told the manager was in a meeting but would call me back. No call back. I call the next day and explain again. Said i'll get a call back. no call back. Just as i was going to call for a third time, I received a call and said they'll credit me the diff. It just ha penned so I'll have to see if it actually gets credited back.

The club was loud. It was hot outside and we wanted windows open but the noise was bad.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is the letter I wrote to them after my horrible experience:

"I booked a king room on April 9th, one month ago, and organized my 2 days in NY around the Thompson LES. Instead I ended up in a horrible hotel on Wall Street and was told by your assistant to "not take it personally". Please explain to me how I should not take it personally when both my vacation and dinner party were ruined.
I was told the guest who was supposed to check out "refused to leave the room". In all the years I have been traveling I have never heard of anything more ridiculous. Furthermore, this same guest was permitted to stay in the room knowing that another guest, who had a confirmed reservation for over a month, would be refused her hotel accommodations. The credit card number I gave to guarantee my reservation served what purpose? Not only was I turned away but I was sent to another hotel that was a nightmare. This alternative hotel should have been offered to the guest who did not have a reservation and refused to leave instead of me.

Does this mean that rooms in the Thompson hotels are available only if the previous guests decide to leave? I'm sure you will agree how absurd this is."

Just DO NOT GO
Cristiana

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

A colleague recommended this place to me and I was skeptical initially- I actually stayed twice here on the same business trip (about 7 nights in total) and it was excellent both times. It is a designer/boutique hotel, or however you want to call it - very dark decor, classic furnishings, all dark stone, glass and white finishings. The room was big, and the shower was just amazing. All stone, with a giant shower head above, like standing in warm rain. Extremely comfortable bed. The bar and restaurant area is cool and trendy so I expected some kind of snooty attitude, but I found the entire experience very friendly. The location is the Lower East Side, which isn't for everyone, but I like the 'real' side of Manhattan and there are some gorgeous restaurants all around. On my next trip, I will book again for sure. as it was a great discovery.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Do not stay... Club in hotel will keep you up all night. Communication is awful, had 30 different answers given to me to my one question. This place only pretends to be cool and hip. It is not.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

we stayed at the les after staying at many other thompson properties in NYC and Washington DC. Loved all of them, until this.
my wife, 2 yoa son and Nanny with her 7 yoa son took 2 rooms for thanksgiving, as we were going for the macy's thanksgiving day parade. we had purchased rather expensive tickets for grandstand seating and had to be there before 8:30 am to get seated.
After checking in we asked about travel to that area, explaining about our seats for the parade. After waiting all day for the concierge, he called and told us what time we had to leave the following morning to get there in time. we reserved a wake up call.
The following morning they failed to give us the wake up call. we missed the parade.
After explaining the story 10 times to different desk/management people, they said too bad. eventually thompson group offered us refund of one night for one room only. to this day they have never credited us. they really don't care, so now neither do we, but will not stay with thompson group anymore and i tell all i can about this debacle.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Boy, I love a cool hotel, hip as they come. Sadly the Thompson LES was less than a comfortable, friendly stay. The cold service were matched by the cold starkness of the rooms. I dunno, it was just trying too hard to be THAT SoHo hotel. It just got it wrong .. felt like the hotel was more about itself than its guests. Sorry, can't recommend.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to SIXTY LES? Share your experiences!