“Good, trendy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #138 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Global
“Good, trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice size room for NY city. Nice pool area. Good service and stylish public spaces. Crowd was mainly 20-30 somethings, didn't see many families. Hotel doesn't have parking, but there are some good facilities nearby. The breakfast and room service offerings were excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tania G, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Gobal Finn Global,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It is great to read that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and outlets, we are so happy to have Blue Ribbon’s delicious menu, and we are very proud of our outdoor pool (a rarity for Manhattan hotels). In regards to the parking - we do offer valet parking to our guests at a garage nearby. Thank you again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,
Tania Getzova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I thought service would've fell off because of the new Sixty brand..but to my Surprise, the service and rooms are even BETTER! Love how the employees are on a first name basis with you- first class service. Definitely will be coming back to see Raul and Christian!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tania G, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Victor R,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Sixty LES and that our staff was attentive and accommodating during your visit. Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to acknowledge our bell staff team members, as I know they will be delighted to hear your positive comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great location and friendly staff. The pool is a definite plus and is probably what made the weekend worthwhile, but I wouldn't stay here otherwise. Additional plus factors: Blue Ribbon Sushi and the beer garden.

I've experienced few hotels in NYC having lived there for a few years, but decided to spring for this place since I didn't have any July 4th beach plans and because of a great deal on Gilt.com. Without the discounted rates, I don't think this place would be worth the price tag. We stayed in a King suite; the bed was really comfortable and the shower was awesome too. Overall, the decor of the hotel is also nice, but the hallways were super dark. If a hotel with a pool is your only criteria, and you don't mind splurging - this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mjk0228m,

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor! We are glad you enjoyed the pool, Blue Ribbon Sushi, beer garden, and our comfortable bed and bathrooms. We'd love to hear more about what aspects of your stay, in addition to the hallways, can be addressed to help ensure you have a fabulous stay if you choose to return at a non-discounted rate. Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

After an overnight flight we arrived to the hotel early morning. We asked to the semi friendly ladies of the front desk for early check in. The front desk team promised to give as a call on our mobiles once the room (which we asked to be quiet) would be ready. The call did never come… The room we got (even though upgraded from the originally booked category) was definitely not quiet but apparently the only one available in the entire hotel for check in at 1pm. Unfortunately the room was just above the hotel pool where right the day of our stay happened to take place a very busy private pool party with many guests and loud music! Also the rooftop bar was closed for a private event. So neither bar nor pool accessible for regular hotel guests. A midnight room party by a horde of 18+ people topped our SIXTY LES experience. Positive comments: doormen very friendly and welcoming, location, room size.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Greece2011188113,

On behalf of the entire team of Sixty LES we would like to thank you for completing your review on Tripadvisor and sincerely regret to learn of the challenges you experienced during your visit. While we strive to offer the finest in restaurants and lounge options to our guests, this should never sacrifice your ability to get a good night’s sleep and awake refreshed. We are sorry we were not able to address this during your stay, and we would welcome an opportunity to discuss the issues faced further – please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Kind Regards,
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The big positive point is the swimming-pool, very appreciated in hot June!
The rooms and the hotel are really comfortable, and design. The location is nice in lower East side, but it is not as central as 5th avenue. However it s easy to take the subway or the taxi to get in the different places. I think this is the perfect place to stay at in Summer.

• Stayed June 2014
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I used to love this hotel, there it goes they lost a loyal customer! So overall I'm rating my last stay so poorly because of the pool staff. Of course it was a hot day in July and my boyfriend and I wanted to spend it by the pool. Everything was great until 3 pm. After 3 pm the sun deck does not get much sun besides this particular corner spot where I wanted to move since I was trying to get a tan. However Ashley (who works there and is responsible for making the pool beds) told me that a lady that just showed up requested that specific sunny bed. I told her that I am a guest of the hotel and have been waiting for people to leave so I can move to that bed. She didn't allow me. It turned out that person who took the bed is a friend of one of the managers at the hotel (I think so it was a blonde lady dressed all in black who obviously worked there)!!!! This person was not even staying at the hotel she just dropped by to say hi to her friend (the manager) and she took the best spot!!! Really???? Keep it up! With such hotel policy soon you will have NO paying guests at all and will only have friends coming to the hotel for FREE! Ashley tried to tell me that people were not allowed to reserve beds! Then how come this was reserved for someone else???? I was really disappointed. On top of that the service at the bar was horrible! The girl was rude and unattentive! She kept messing up my orders and guess what? In the end I was charged with 20% grat!!! And trust me I don't mind tipping but this was not a well deserved tip! Maybe that's why the service is so bad, the staff know they will get their tip so why bother to actually do a decent job. The previous day we had an excellent service at the pool bar and the grat was only 18%. Go figure! Maybe on Tuesday is 18% and Wednesday 20%? My boyfriend and I were planning to book a room for one more night but after the entire incident we just left and we are def not coming back!

• Stayed July 2014
tgetzova, General Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear GiaAlen,

We are saddened to hear that there was such a striking difference between the excellent service you received at the pool on Tuesday and the unprofessional service you received at the pool on Wednesday. We have spoken with the parties involved, in order to ensure future guests have an exceptional experience. While the occurrence was unfortunate, we do want to take the time to thank you for posting a review and letting us know.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Staying at Sixty LES is a great experience. I tried not to select the reason or date of my visit because I visit this hotel all times of year for all reasons.

The location simply cannot be beat. You are in the middle of the action in the LES, and there are few other hotels in the area. You can walk to so many fabulous NYC happenings.

The management turnover has been quite beneficial to the hotel as well. The management is top notch, and service across the hotel has improved (particularly room service). If you love sushi, the Blue Ribbon Sushi in the hotel, at the pool, and as part of room service is a huge bonus. Finally, hotel management is always willing to add a personal touch and assure you have a wonderful stay.

The only pro tips are: You should ask if the pool will be open in the summer. Sometimes it si closed for private events. The corner seats at the pool stay sunny the longest. In addition, you should ask what events are happening at the hotel during your stay. Occassionally certain areas are shut off for private events. The hotel management are very helpful in this regard.

Have a blast and enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: The rooms on Allen Street have better views, but they are louder.