“Great Hotel in Lower East Side” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #138 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel in Lower East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I visited the Thompson LES for a leisure weekend vacation. The hotel is situated in a very accessible location - close to great restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc. Hotel rooms were very luxurious with floor to ceiling windows and great views. The staff is extremely helpful and welcoming. The room service is also excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. This is an excellent hotel. I was upgraded to a suite (at least I think I was; I'm not sure, since I didn't book the room) which was huge (by New York standards) and quite luxurious! The overall experience made me wish that I was staying for longer than a single night. Thompson - LES is definitely on my short list of places to stay on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed in the King Suite Terrace at the Thompson LES and it was a fabulous experience. Upon check-in, Robert, the front desk agent, made me feel very welcome, and efficiently provided me with all the details about my room and the amenities of the hotel.

My room was tastefully decorated, and the layout of the suite was perfect. The highlights of the room -- the spacious shower and bathroom, the floor to ceiling windows which allow so much natural light to come through in the morning, a *super* comfortable bed, and last but not least....the amazing terrace. The terrace was perfection -- it was set up with a small table and chairs, two lounge chairs (which would be ideal for sunbathing in the summer), and unobstructed views of the city. Probably the best feature of the suite.

The Thompson LES is my preferred downtown NYC hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites have amazing views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review! The King Suite Terrace is one of our best rooms, and we’re so glad that you were able to experience it.

Please let us know when you’ll be returning, and we’ll be sure to give you another amazing experience.

All the best,

Joe

Joe Kavanagh
Director of Rooms
Thompson LES
jkavanagh@thompsonhotels.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Very cool spot in an area you want to be in. Clean, comfortable, friendly and professional staff anticipated my needs before I had a chance to mention them. My room had an outstanding view of the city and even though it was immediately adjacent to the elevator, It was completely silent inside.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Paget Parish, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at LES Thompson.
Pro's: Location. I received a free upgrade, and free internet. I was able to send packages to the hotel ahead of time. The food was good. The bellman staff are great. The bed and sheets are so comfortable.

Con's: When I checked-in the front desk girl couldn't change a $50 bill so I had to go next door to Links to get change so I could tip the bellman. There was a water leak in my bathroom above the bath tub. Unfortunately the water landed on my travel toiletries bag which got completely wet along with the products I had in it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a trendy hotel in a 'happening' area. Overall I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The room was huge and view was phenomenal. The front desk ladies were charming. The bellmen were helpful. The concierge was exact in his descriptions and directions. I could go on and on. I plan to stay at Thompson LES again in a couple of weeks. (Btw on this same trip I also stayed at the SoHo Grand - not even in the same class as T LES.)

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Rooms are cozy and clean. Beds are comfy. The room design is stylish minimalist, but if you're spending too much time on your room, you're doing it wrong. One of the best Sushi restaurants in NYC is right downstairs, and all of the Lower East Side is at your doorstep. The Thompson has one of the best locations in the city for nightlife and food, and a great view of Uptown from the roof deck. Perfect for Singles or couples, a little trickier for families, I'd imagine. Wifi is fast and there are enough AC plugs in the room for all your devices.

Room Tip: Higher up is better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to SIXTY LES? Share your experiences!