“Awesome Hotel in Awesome Neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

Save Saved
You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #131 of 453 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Awesome Hotel in Awesome Neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

First, the location (location, location, location!), around the corner from Katz's deli, around the corner from the Meatball Shop, less than a block to get into the subway, awesome Lower East Side sights.

The most important though: the staff of the LES - they are outSTANDING! Always professional and ready to help with whatever is needed. Uber polite, uber suave, excellent

Other highlights - the Eggs Benedict in the restaurant, the night time Sushi restaurant - delicious.

And finally, they play Fellini movies in the elevator. I miss my floor often just to see what is going to happen to Marcello... Ciao Marcello!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the West Side have views to Midtown. Request a room with a balcony if you can (though...
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Great to hear you were able to experience Katz’s deli and the Meatball Shop during the same visit.
They’re definitely a couple of the Lower East Side’s landmarks to see.

See you again soon and we’ll be sure to keep the movies playing for you.

jkavanagh@thompsonhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I travel to NY often and have experienced a lot of hotels in the city. I have to say that I've never felt more at home than I did at the Thompson LES. I came for a fun getaway with friends and the Thompson definitely started the trip off on the right foot.

Qiara checked us in and made sure that our room was perfect. It was. Our every need was taken care of and we always felt happy to return to the Thomson after our adventures. Ten was very accommodating, helped us set up the reservation originally, and also greeted us when we arrived. Raoul was another stand out as he had great recommendations, clued us in on what was going on in the hotel, and was always friendly and helpful. From the groovy little Macondo restaurant around the corner to the Whole Foods a few blocks away to the shops and restaurants of Nolita, there was lots going on around the hotel. We felt like regulars and did not want to leave. My only consolation is that I know I will return, and I will definitely recommend the Thompson LES to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I’m so glad that you felt right at home. Helping travelers from around the world feel at home, is one of the toughest challenges for a hotel and something that we focus on quite a bit.

Your kind words have been shared with Qiara, Raul and Ten and they couldn’t be happier to hear about your experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

On my second visit to New York City , I'm so glad I stayed in this hotel. I opted for the lower east side area. A little away from the madness of midtown. The area is great with great restaurants and even Katz deli literally around the corner.
Decor is chic and modern with a funky twist and the showers are spacious and powerful. Wonderful.
Staff were warm helpful and pleasant. I really can't find fault with the service.
I will return, for sure.. And hopefully before long!!

Thank you so much for a wonderful few days .

• Stayed April 2013
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. It’s nice to see that you took notice of one of our best features—being away from the madness of midtown, but close enough so you can get there quickly when you need to.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a lady travelling on my own to New York, visiting friends based in Soho, this hotel was perfectly situated within walking distance. After a long flight, I went to the hotel bar to get a hot chocolate before crashing for the night. Although the bar did not have any hot drink facilities, one of the bar staff went out of his way to get me some hot milk from the kitchen and I was made to feel welcome immediately (thank you Ben). i had a room on the 17th floor, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a large shower - all I needed really for a base. In addition, i did not hear traffic at all. The concierge was very helpful with directions, provided a map of the area and some recommendations for restaurants. Although I did not have dinner in the hotel, I had heard that the ribs are great. I did have a continental breakfast at the hotel the first morning, not the best as coffee tepid and toast slightly burnt, but the staff again were friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a great New York welcome. By the way, Century 21, a discount designer outlet in Midtown, is only 10 mins in cab - you may need an extra suitcase!

JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the detailed review!

It’s so great to hear we were able to make that hot chocolate happen for you and excellent tip about Century 21. It is very close.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, cool 'real' New York location. Close to great bars and restaurants. Rooms were quite standard, modern. Great beds. Will definitely stay here again, though the noise can be an issue at night and on weekends.

JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re so glad to see you had a great time and enjoyed our beds.

We have many rooms that aren’t affected by the weekend noise, so please reach out to me when you make your next reservation, and we’ll be sure to find you a room in a nice location.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the moment we entered the groovy lobby we knew we made the right choice in hotels. We were greeted by adorable Chiara who could not have been nicer or more accommodating during our stay. The rooms are very modern and the entire hotel is very hip. The spa and gym are open 24/7. Raoul the bellman is definitely in-the-know about all the best places in the city and we loved that he was there to greet us every morning in the lobby as we ventured out on our adventures. Ten, the General Manager, made sure that we were well taken care of during our stay. We felt sad checking out of this fab hotel.When we returned home and unpacked we realized that we left a lot of our clothing in the hotel. Briana made sure that our stuff was sent out Fedex asap. We LOVE this hotel and we will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Choose a king suite or corner king
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Your comments about Qiara, Raul, Tenzing and Briana are certainly appreciated. They are all thrilled to see that they were able to help make this experience a memorable one for you.

Please let us know when you’ll be returning.

Altadena, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved my stay at the Thompson LES. As others have mentioned, the staff is super friendly and helpful -- a huge notch up from every other hotel I have stayed at in NYC. We loved the floor to ceiling windows and cool, modern feel. Loved the spa and sauna downstairs, too. When I checked in, I asked for a room on an upper floor since I'm a light sleeper. Our room was on the 16th floor and very quiet. Had a fantastic nights sleep on a comfortable bed with no outside noise!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor if you're a light sleeper.
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. When your travel plans bring you back, please let us know, and we’ll make sure to get you that same great room!

jkavanagh@thompsonhotels.com

Been to SIXTY LES? Share your experiences!