“Quick trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #136 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vermont
“Quick trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in NYC for a quick overnight trip and I knew that I wanted to stay at the Thompson. I love the location, the neighborhood and the friendly staff at the hotel. I was greeted warmly when I checked in and was given an upgrade to a larger room. A nice touch since I booked the room the day before.

I look forward to my next stay - hopefully for a few nights. I would also like to recommend a great little restaurant that is right down the street -Prima.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
And, we look forward to welcoming you back! Let us know when you’ll be returning, and we’ll see if we can make that upgrade happen for you again.

jkavanagh@thompsonhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent my 40th birthday in NYC in October and Thompson LES was our 2nd hotel of the trip. We loved this hotel. Our room was amazing as was the service. It even smelled nice! We enjoyed the area and walked and dined close by. This hotel was much nicer than our first hotel stay and we were thrilled to be there. I believe we were in a suite w/a deck/terrace. The bathroom was big and amazing, the bed was soft and it was nice to have a sitting area to relax. We really loved the Thompson LES

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We’re so glad we were able to help make your birthday a memorable one. And, yes, you were in one of our most-popular suites, the King Suite Terrace. Such a great room. Thank you very much for uploading the nice pictures.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travelled with 2 teenage girls from Germany to NYC with a kind of scepticisme, if I can manage it. Finally we spent an amazing time in that magical City. Thanks to Thompson LES, that is perfectly located, even I had that great mixture of vacation, spa, gym, sightseeing, nightlife and long sleep ins. The room was big enough for all us 3, with a luxury bathroom, a great view and a modern Lobby. we all just felt relaxed and comfortable. Thank you all, dear "Thompsons "making our trip unforgettable!

• Stayed March 2013
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
It’s so great to hear you had a wonderful vacation, especially after traveling such a long distance.

We’re glad we were able to help make it memorable for you, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to NYC for Business. The Thompson LES was a fine place to sleep. I wanted to swim but it was the wrong season. I will be back in the summer. The room was neat and clean. The staff was attentive and helpful.

Room Tip: The is a good place to sleep if you like walking around at night after work.
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We’re glad you had a great time!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Let us know when you make that next reservation, and we’ll be sure to save a chair for you at the pool.

Great Falls, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am a frequent business guest of the Thompson hotel chain, with stays in Toronto (lovely hotel, wonderful restaurant!), Los Angeles (great location, very chic), and the LES in NYC. This hotel is not the closest hotel to my office location, but I gladly walk the extra few blocks for the Thompson LES. The service is extraordinary (as a small example, they are one of the few NY hotels who actually honor a request for foam pillows), the rooms are luxurious and modern without feeling stark, the beds are super comfortable, and the restaurant is outstanding. There are fun little surprises at every turn, from the old movies playing in the elevator, to the unexpectedly plush fitness center on the lower level, to the great smelling soaps in the room - all of these little additions make the Thompson feel like a vacation, even when traveling on business. On a recent trip, I was delighted to encounter Robert at the check-in desk, who happily provided a surprise upgrade to a beautiful and spacious suite! Robert was so gracious - he even seemed more excited about giving the upgrade than I was to receive it - thank you, Robert! All in all, the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and the result is a happily satisfied guest who recommends the Thompson LES to anyone traveling to NYC on business. Well done!

JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful, detailed review.

Robert is certainly one of our best, and I’m glad to hear he was able to make that upgrade happen for you.

Please let me know when you’ll be returning, as we would love to set you up for another great experience.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at other Thompson Hotels and opted to try its newest NYC location, Thompson LES, due to its ideal location downtown on Allen Street off E. Houston. The hotel's attention to style is clear, with modern furniture, fixtures and vibe throughout the lobby and room. All of the staff, from the concierge to front desk to valets to housekeepers, was friendly and accommodating. The Blue Ribbon Sushi located on the 2nd floor is delightful, spacious, aesthetically pleasing and delicious. A couple minor issues with the room, the thermostat does not work properly, had to keep window ajar to cool room down, thus ringing in street noise, and the TV remote control is old school. That aside, great stay, would revisit. --JR

Room Tip: I chose the Studio King Suite to have the separate sitting area with couch and desk to work.
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi JR –
One thing that definitely sets us apart from other hotels in the area is our amazing team, and it’s great to hear that you had a chance to interact with them and enjoy your experience.

Excellent tip about the Studio King Suite - at 550 square feet, this is a great room that really give one the opportunity to spread out and enjoy their time with us. I’m really sorry about the trouble with the thermostat. We’ll be sure to get that fixed right away.

We all hope you had a safe trip home, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Rivington in our last trip for our honeymoon, but this was a family NY trip and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The King Suite was perfect for the four of us, the view from the 10th floor was amazing. We were given a room on the 5th to start but the manager saw our disappointment and showed us two options on other floors to choose from. Couldn't have done more. All the staff were brilliant. Sometimes staff in cool hotels think they are too cool to serve but not here. From Michael the concierge to all the reception staff nothing was too much.
Can't say anything negative and we will go back.
Just to top it off Vinnie Jones was staying there and spent a funny night drinking with him. He is a top bloke and very generous with his time. Many thanks to him for making a funny memory for my wife and myself.

• Stayed March 2013
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I’m so glad to hear we were able to get that suite for you and that you had an amazing experience!

We’re all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

jkavanagh@thompsonhotels.com

Been to SIXTY LES? Share your experiences!