“Very cool hotel in trendy LES” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY LES

You added SIXTY LES to your Saves list
SIXTY LES
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Allen Street, Lower East Side, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #132 of 458 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockville, MD
“Very cool hotel in trendy LES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very cool hotel in trendy Lower East Side. We were in NY for a wedding on the LES and this hotel was perfectly located. We had a studio king and it was huge, especially by New York standards. Plenty of room for three people although the fold out couch was not particularly comfortable. Lots of restaurants nearby. Front desk staff was very helpful. We also found relatively inexpensive parking a couple of blocks away. When making a reservation, be sure to check out the special offers, and check again and again before you arrive at the hotel. We were able to save quite a bit of money by rebooking at lower "special" rates.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It’s great to see you enjoyed your Thompson LES experience.

Room size is definitely one of the reasons so many guests choose to return again and again over the years. The average room square footage in New York City is around 245 sq. ft. and our rooms start at 325 sq. ft with many of them, like the room you were in, being 550 sq. ft! You’ll always have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy your time in your guest room.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I recently stayed here for a couple of business trips to NY and had a wonderful experience. Service was great and on my second visit, I was upgraded to a great suit with an unobstructed view of the city.

Room Tip: corner rooms with balconies have a great view of the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for the review! Repeat guests are very important to us and any time we have the ability to do a little something extra, like provide an upgrade, we certainly will.

We all hope to see you back again soon.

Best,

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hi....I flew in from Sydney to visit my daughter for Thanksgiving. It was an excellent Hotel to spend five nights. The service and friendliness of the staff were very much appreciated. My room was extremely comfortable. The only thing I missed was tea/coffee making facility as I had a little jet lag and therefore needed to rely on room service.
I would certainly stay at the Thompson LES again.

Room Tip: I was on one of the higher floors and found it to be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday with us last month. Next time your plans bring you this way, please let us know as we would love to set up a coffee maker in advance for you.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Memo to all you biz boys and girls: you can stay on the Lower East Side and be at Rock Ctr in 15 mins courtesy of my beloved F train. I mention this because i could have thrown a well-aimed paper airplane from the balcony of my suite at the Thompson LES into the stairwell of the 2d Ave station. The M15 stops put front as well and can whisk you to Wall Street in a jif, too. MEANWHILE, when you aren't working, you can enjoy one of the most exquisitely and unpredictably delightful areas of the city. On a recent stay, I enjoyed the following *all* within strolling distance: splendid Japanese vegan cuisine (Kajitsu: go!), an art film, a Chinese funeral parade with two brass bands, a bespoke crepe experience, Pez Collector Set shopping at Economy Candy, and trying on hats made on site by a lovely young woman who could probably also lecture on Rimbaud. My point is: this hotel is perfectly nice (no snobby/hip attitude and many languages spoken) and you should try it because the LES is heaven and all other stuff you already know is a few stops away.

• Stayed December 2012
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
What a great review! We're so glad you enjoyed our hotel along with this great neighborhood. We really are close to it all.

Best,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Although the location is a bit grimy and off the beaten path I Like this hotel a lot. I have stayed at this hotel several times. Rooms are clean, spacious and well designed. Friendly staff, thorough housekeeping and prompt room service are key. I would recommend this hotel to those searching in downtown Manhattan. It's a nice, friendly, clean, comfortable, hip hotel and location.

Room Tip: The corner suites are large with nice views. The Studio King suites are a nice size and good deal b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your Thompson LES experience. See you again soon!

lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Starting with Sebastien the amazing manager to his kind and welcoming crew this hotel is fun and in an really cool neighborhood. Be aware that weekends it has a nightclub on one of the floors so stay clear of these floors. I stayed on the 10 th for a week and slept like a baby!
Room service is a bit expensive but they are very generous with amenities by REN and treats that keep on coming.
It has a great pool in the summers but I'm the winter is closed. I know this because it is my second stay. I know there will be a third!
Big thanks to the staff for making my week in NYC amazing!

• Stayed November 2012
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Mr. Stanley,

Thank you very much for the great review! Especially the kind words about Sebastian. He is certainly one of our best, and I know he will be thrilled to hear he helped make your experience with us a memorable one.

See you soon!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Thompson LES for a night while in town for business. Overall, I thought the hotel was very nice. The room was clean (I appreciate hardwood floors) and well appointed and the location was pretty good too if you're planning on being downtown. The best part of my experience was the service. Right when I arrived, I was greeted warmly outside the hotel by one of the staff. He offered to take my bag (which is always nice even though it was unnecessary), waited while I checked in, and radioed someone else to hold the elevator for me as I walked from the desk to the elevator banks. When I came back downstairs to leave for my meeting, the same man was in the lobby and he ran out to hail a cab for me. That's what I call service!!! The rest of the staff was just as warm and friendly and even though I was there for less than 24 hours, I certainly appreciated the hospitality. I'll definitely give the hotel another try during my next visit.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor to avoid the street noise and construction noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JoeKavanagh, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Wow, what a great review!

Everyone here was so excited to read your review. We’re all really passionate about creating wonderful experiences and memories and it is so nice to see we were able to do so for you.

We all hope you had a safe trip home, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Director of Rooms

Been to SIXTY LES? Share your experiences!