I have stayed here a couple of times, and every time I do I say I will never stay here again. I guess its close to where I need to be in NYC and really not too expensive, but seriously this is a pretty poor hotel. Some thoughts:
- Get rid of the purple..that was cool maybe 10 years ago..
- Reduce the volume of the music in the elevators
- Update the rooms - They are cramped and pretty dated. Add more power sockets
- The bathrooms are a joke..very dated + very small
- Give the people who work here a reality check...you do not work at a night club, you work at a hotel..lighten up and stop trying to act like you are someone special who has access to some super cool night club.
Now for the good
- The bar is pretty convenient
- Nice location
Again, all the above are reasons that this place does not work for me, but every time I go there the hotel is packed, so I guess there is a market for this kind of place (single leisure travelers, young couples, people who are into purple and bright neon lights etc.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New York Hotel is renovated with completely new rooms and suites. Located in the heart of midtown, offers travelers a perfect refuge - unwind at the Bliss Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your W New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w New York Hotel New York City
- w New York City
- w Hotel New York City
- w Hotel Lexington