“What an amazing fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick New York Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick New York Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast and Wi-Fi
Ranked #77 of 449 hotels in New York City
“What an amazing fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the wArwick for 5 nights it was my second visit to new york but my daughters 1st visit , the hotel was everything you could want in a hotel, frank and his team did an amazing job to make our stay a memorable one , the hospitality was outstanding everybody from reception,bell boy , Maid to the management did a remarkable job and each one is a credit to the warwick team, the location was perfect we were central to everything we needed and after a full day shopping we knew we had the luxury of our room to wind down and relax,I would deffinatly recommend the wArwick hotel to any body, I we with out. A doubt will deffinatly going back next year.
Thank you for making mine and my daughters city break one to remember
Julie & Chloe (uk)

• Stayed March 2013

2,141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel was fantastic
from the moment we got in till when we left.
the staff is very friendly. The rooms were
very clean & Very Big. Joanna at the front desk was
especially helpful with directing us
around the city. this hotel is very close to
all the shopping areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just came back from my 5th time in New York City, and my second time staying in The Warwick and had a fantastic time. We had breakfast in the restaurant off the main lobby and it was delicious. The rooms were gorgeous and we had a great view E54th from our balcony. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, especially Joanna and Frank.
I plan to be back in April of 2013 and will definitely stay at the Warwick again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I am often travelling to new york for both business and leisure purposes and I must say the service in this property is one of the best I have ever experienced. From the Check in where a smiling clerk is warmly welcoming me before checking me in a nice room with a great city view over 6th avenue. to the breakfast staff always checking up to be sure everything is going well. Thanks to Oliver (not sure about the name sorry) who welcomed me every morning by my name and who remembered my breakfast preferences. A special thank to Frank at the front desk for making my stay so special with phone calls every now and then to make sure my stay was going well.
Moreover location is great and really central.
Overall a big thank to the entire team I will definitely be back for my next trip to new york in June.

All the best,

Brice M.

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Warwick for business and leisure trips at least ten times over the past four years. This year was the first time I was truly disappointed.
The first room I received had no view (even when I booked cheap Internet and hotel site rates in the past I always had a room facing 6th Ave.). But worst of all was the fact that the room did not have an independent HVAC system. This meant that only heat was available but the room was so hot that it needed cooling down. The windows were impossible for a 110lb woman to open and stormy weather precluded keeping the window open during the night.
I was told by the engineer who helped me with the window that only a few rooms in the hotel have independent HVAC systems and that the rooms get very hot because of the hot water pipes that are located in the walls.
The second room I was allocated had no view and faced inside, only a stone's throw away from an outside AC system attached to another building which made it impossible to sleep, even with closed windows as there was a constant, very audible humming noise which kept me up all night. The second room was also not cleaned properly. The toilet had a streak of what appeared to be fecal matter on the side under the toilet seat.
Also note: not all rooms have hairdryers and full length mirrors.
I also did not appreciate being lied to by the front desk staff. When I learned that the first room I was to be allocated was with a partial view only, I asked if I could be moved at any time during my five night stay and was told that absolutely nothing could be done. It was only when I advised the front desk that I would be cancelling the remainder of my stay and moving to the Hilton across the street did a room with a full view and independent HVAC system "miraculously" appear.
All other aspects of the hotel were fine, including excellent staff and food in the bar and very courteous and prompt housekeeping staff who quickly brought up a hairdryer upon request.
I voiced my conerns and relayed my experience to the general manager after I returned home but received only what appeared to be a standard, pat response from the room division manager with no offer of compensation of any sort. Not a good level of customer relations nor way to encourage repeat business.
I don't know if my experience was purely based on bad luck this time around or whether the experience reflects a change in hotel management, which would truly be a shame as the Warwick used to be a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Ask for outside rooms with independent HVAC systems (in winter). Check to make sure there is a hair...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Droitwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Warwick is a classic older New York hotel with lots of character. Rooms are spacious (a lot more so than in newer hotels) and the walls are nice and thick making the place quiet. Service is typical of a major New York hotel -- attentive and caring. There are not a lot of frills at this hotel -- no great restaurant, just a decent smallish restaurant and a cozy bar. But, frills are not needed in Mid Town Manhattan as everything one could want is within a five minute walk or less.

One negative I experienced was lack of attention to detail in the room I occupied. The clock did not work, the sink faucet was loose and the desk was rather wobbly. I reported the faucet problem early in my one week stay, but it was never repaired -- disappointing.

Another irritation is that there are no coffee makers in the rooms, although they will deliver one to your room on request.

I was also put off by a prominent note in the room saying that the refrigerator is for mini-bar purposes only and that there is a $50 charge if you put your own things inside -- not the smartest move in customer relations.

Pricing is in line with what other Mid Town hotels charge and varies, like everywhere else, with what the traffic will bear based on demand for rooms.

Nevertheless, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: An inside room (not facing the street) is absolutely dead quiet -- no view, but you will sleep well.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wonderful hotel in midtown close to Central Park, Lincoln Center, MOMA, Carnegie Hall, shopping areas, theater district, and mass transportation. Corner rooms are large with great views of 6th Avenue and 54th Street. Helpful and friendly staff. If you're not crazy about big chain hotels, this is a great alternative. Facilities are cozy, clean, and comfortable. There are two restaurants available, one for breakfast and one for dinner and light snacks. Intimate and welcoming reception area.

Room Tip: Corner room with exposure to 6th and 54th Streets. Higher floors will give you breathtaking views o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Warwick New York Hotel? Share your experiences!