“Helpful and pleasant staff, great location, clean and sizeable rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick New York Hotel

You added Warwick New York Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast & internet
Ranked #77 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Helpful and pleasant staff, great location, clean and sizeable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I found myself at the step of the Warwick Hotel after midnight on a Friday in December, without a reservation. The gal at the front desk was helpful and friendly and assisted me in getting settled in to a clean, large, quiet and safe room. They "rescued" me and I will be forever grateful. It was an exceptional experience all around. Room service was excellent, location to shopping on 5th Avenue was excellent, staff/food at Randolph's was excellent, and the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. My husband and I stayed here last year and loved it. Convenient to Broadway shows/Times Square/Rock. Center/etc. When in New York again, will definitely stay at the Warwick. Hands down, it is a great value and a lovely,classy experience...start to finish.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Greek first
MSP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just returned a few hours ago from a WONDERFUL wkd in NY. My was traveling w/ my 2 boys & was able to get an incredible rate on Hotwire for the room. The location/staff was great! The rooms are larger then most NY rooms & the location cannot be beat! This morning when we checked out we had a charge of $17.42 from the mini bar that we did not use--after talking w/ the front desk he informed us that if an item is removed it will charge you. Well my son did remove a bottle of water to store his mountain dew a few times.. Lesson learned :) The charge was removed with no questions asked. Don't think twice about booking this hotel :)

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

New York at Christmas is THE best. The Warwick was a great base for work, shopping and meeting firends. The room was up to date and graciously comfortable. The staff were most courteous and genuinely helpful.

Room Tip: A corner room gives you good views and a little extra space.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had a great stay at the Warwick. The staff was outstanding, from reservations to front desk to the cleaning staff. Great location right on 54th and Ave of The Americas, only short walk to Central Park, Rockefeller Center and many more attractions and restaurants

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our daughter was in the Macy’s Parade (Oak Ridge High School Band) and we were able to reserve a third floor “view” room for the week. I wanted to make sure that my husband was comfortable during the parade because of knee problems and decided to splurge a little on the room. The week was more than we could have hoped. And we truly took advantage of being in New York on the Holiday and did everything we could pack into 5 ½ days. We could never have done it without the wonderful staff at the Warrick and the expert advice and references given to us about where to go. Thank you Warrick and your wonderful staff for making our week over Thanksgiving extra special.

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We enjoy the Warwick's location when in NYC. This time our room was a little worn and our view wasn't very nice. The prices seemed to have gone up however, the weekend senior rate was reasonable. Nice dining room.

Room Tip: You might ask for a higher room that looks out over the Museum of Modern Art.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Englewood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I too was at the Warwick over Thanksgiving. I paid 'Rack Rate' (a solid $400+ incl. taxes and breakfast) for two queens. In reserving in Sept., I requested a room with a view - at which point the hotel solicited >$100 higher room rate. I passed; I was not upgraded on arrival. Each of the first two nights, I reported that the room thermostat was not functioning (78 degrees all night); this prompted talk of an engineer but no action whatsoever. By necessity, I too discovered a means to open the window (viewing a wall). After the third night, my son and I mistakenly ordered breakfast a la carte over the nice 'vouchered' buffet. Curiously, our a la carte substitutes were lower priced than the buffet, but we were still told that substitution was not possible and 'surcharges' (?) would apply. This finally prompted conversation with the restaurant manager; I advised that the hotel's operating performance (a/c) was subpar and charging structures taken together were not four star. The manager was attentive and apologetic; the a/c was fixed for the last night and no surcharges applied (but must it come to this...?) BTW - there is no in-room television programing whatsoever except in purchased package content - zero! Local news and weather? No.

In sum, the hotel is historic, and nicely maintained (generally); ditto - the large rooms. Warwick enjoys an excellent location and staff were not rude. But another poster here mentioned 'nickle and diming' - I concur - and that conditions staff a bit defensively. I felt it or perceived it due to the issues I experienced. In sum, a nice facility and location that did not make the positive impression that it might have. There are other well located hotels in this price bracket in the city that have made better impressions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Warwick New York Hotel? Share your experiences!