“Warwick Is Updated and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick New York Hotel

You added Warwick New York Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast & internet
Ranked #76 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Arlington, Virginia
“Warwick Is Updated and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My stay was comfortable, and at reasonable rate through a Legal Seminar connection. I noticed that my room was updated, with nice amenities, such as modern light fixtures, flat screen TV, and new drapes and bedding. Bathroom was small, with shower only, but in good shape and more than adequate for a business traveler's needs. Restaurant (Murals) was pleasant with good food. Bar was classic wood, with prompt and capable bartender. Considering its location (6th and 54th), the Warwick is a great deal, partricularly if you can find a business rate.

Room Tip: No steam room in the spa/exercise room, but up-to-date machines.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Greek first
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travelled back to New York with a friend in August of this year. Normally I do like to try different hotels and locations each time.For this trip we decided to stay upper mid town. I find I get great value in hotel rates in August. The rates at the Warwick are very volatile therefore its worth checking every day for a week if you are thinking of booking. Eventually we booked a wonderful rate for this hotel.

Location is top notch, minutes from subways, easy walking distance to both Central Park and Time Square and 5th Ave shopping. This is an older hotel so expect traditional decor and an old world atmosphere. Service was top notch.We had a leaking mini bar in the room and they sent a service man up there within minutes. Room were good sizes for New York as I looked at a couple of different rooms in case they could not fix the leak. Beds were comfortable and no outside noise to disturb us. No problem getting 2 double beds. Great size if you have a family sharing. There is a decent diner across the road for breakfast.

Bathrooms were fine, shower in shallow bath, nothing to complain about.

We picked up dinner from the Halal Guys food truck over on 53rd and 6th just around the corner and took it back to our room for dinner. $9 and we fed 2 of us from 1 large portion of chicken and lamb with rice, extra pita and their famous white sauce. Now that's a New York bargain.

Overall if I managed similar prices I would happily stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wilbraham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at the Warwick and both experiences were excellent. The hotel is beautiful and in a terrific location. It was our honeymoon and the Warwick treated us with kindness and offered free champagne and chocolates. The staff was outstanding and the experience was one that led me to believe that we will go to the Warwick whenever we visit NYC.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for a special occasion, tell them. It was our honeymoon and they made it specia...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've stayed in New York numerous times and have stayed in the Warwick twice. Although the Warwick isn't the glitziest of hotels I think it's the best I've stayed in in terms of location, price and service.

Situated on 6th Avenue it is two blocks shy of Central Park, three blocks from Time Square and two from Park Avenue. In short, it's the ideal place to stay for people looking to sightsee and shop.

The price isn't ludicrously expensive as it can be with other New York hotels. Instead you pay a reasonable amount for which in return you get a clean, quiet room with comfortable beds and a well equipped bathroom. Don't expect to be able to get yourself pampered and don't expect a trendsetter but as a point from which to recharge your batteries and explore New York, it's great. The bar downstairs is popular and lively and is a great place to get something quick to eat or a drink at the end of the day.

When I'm travelling on the company's dollar I'll happily stay in Trump Soho or the Loews Regency. When I'm travelling on my own wallet this to me is where I'm coming every time.

Room Tip: The area around the lifts can be quite noisy (loud dings and the doors aren't completely sound p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are in our late 30's and spent 4 nights in the warwick starting October the 18th.
Althogh clean and well located, the hotel seems old both population wise and fashion wise.
Good: more than ok size rooms, comftable bed.
Not so good: Tiny bathroom, no bath rops, old fashioned rooms, tiny loby with extremely tiny elevators, hotel's bar to say the least - not trendy.
We had the feeling as if we stayed in an old appartement house in Manhattan.

I would not recommend the hotel for young couples.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

When we checked out of The Warwick Hotel, I showed the manager the bed bug bites I had received the night before. I was fine when I went to bed, but had multiple bites on my arms when I woke up the next morning. Having spent a lot of money at the Warwick Hotel for a suite, the last thing I expected was to come home covered in bug bites on my arms.

When we got home, we had to wash all the clothes contents of our suitcase and we left the suitcase out on our porch with the hope that cold temperatures might kill any bugs that might have hopped a ride home with us.

I have pictures from when I woke up that morning and some from today, since they are getting more itchy and painful. I went to my local pharmacy where the pharmacist confirmed.

Today I got a call from the security manager (?) to let me know they had found no bugs - I find that pretty offensive - being called by security as if I am lying. No offer of help, nothing. This whole thing has completely disgusted me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Warwick New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Helen S.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We would like to assure you that we do not take this incident lightly. Once the hotel receives alleged bug bite complaints, it is our standard operating procedures that we will block the complaint room and the rooms on both sides. Then we will have professional pest control company strip the rooms for a thorough inspection. It is imperative for us to find out the results as well. Today, after the inspection from the professional pest control company, the findings were negative for bugs of any kind which also confirmed the initial inspection conducted by the hotel staff.

At the Warwick, it is our procedure to have the Director of Security and the Executive Housekeeper inspect the room. Then the Director of Security will contact our guest with the findings. We will take the appropriate action of that time.
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

it has been a very nice week in NY, and this hotel is a perfect place to stay.
Its position is perfect, just in fron of the MOMA, in the heart of Manhattan.
The room was ok and the service level was great !
I recommend it

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Warwick New York Hotel? Share your experiences!