“Interesting stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #342 of 464 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Interesting stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

The location of the hotel is fantastic walking distance for theatres, subway, times square & central park.

It is a 2 elevator hotel to get to your room and if on a lower level it is VERY loud. The rooms are generous size for NYC but when paying over $AUD300 per night you expect more than a 3 star hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My favorite thing about Time Hotel is that besides it being right in the middle of Times Square- the decor's of the room is really cool- they're color coded in yellow, blue and red. I had a blue room. The room beyond the color was okay however- the bed spread was a bit tattered. The bathroom was really small- especially the sink area. I had a minor problem with one staff person's rude attitude during check in when my partner arrived to meet me- but the next day- had a really great staff person accommodate me and my partner with free drinks at the bar. I would not return here mainly due to the cost - the value was way steep to be a boutique hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was under construction while we were there. Bypassed the elevator most of the time as waiting times were ultra slow due to construction. The worst thing was the noise at night. The windows are single glazed, so the noise at night is horrendous, especially the garbage collection in the early hours of the morning. Not a pleasant stay. On the plus side, the hotel is well located close to buses, the subway, Times Square and the theatre district

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hi stayed at this hotel from the 15th june until the 19th. Great central location, rooms not bad. A lot of construction work going on, couldn't use the elevators
Most of the time because of the work men using them. The worst part is that I had an expensive t shirt stolen while staying there. I didn't realise until I got to Vegas, and checked the (dirty) case.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The time hotel was a lovely place to stay, the newly renovated rooms are great, it is close to Times Square and all your Broadway shows as well, would definitely recommend this hotel to people who want to see Broadway, or be near Times Square. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: The top floors are great, you can't hear any noise from the streets at all.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed in this hotel one night. while the location was excellent there was building work going on. but not a problem. clean and comfortable good value. only problem some one put bathroom door lock wrong way round so if you pushed door shut it would open again lock on outside.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central Times Square location as well as our clean and comfortable rooms!

We hope to see you again once our renovations are complete! Please contact me directly with any future reservations, or if there is any other way that I can be of assistance.

Warmest Regards,

Leiya Cohen
Director of Front Office
lcohen@thetimeny.com
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's undergoing renovations &, even tho I had done my research for a hotel in the theater district, we knew we'd made a mistake the minute we walked in the door. While we didn't hear the construction, a blessing, there was plastic & dust everywhere giving a dirty appearance. I had meant to recheck before being locked in but life was too busy. On the trip to NYC, I found a rate at $100 less, with snack, for that night in this hotel on Trip Advisor. We mentioned it but, I believe, were given an upgrade to a suite instead of a price readjustment. We would rather have the rate lowered--this is not my 1st stay in NYC & this hotel is way overpriced for the condition of the place at this time!!! The pleasant staff & comfortable bed were the only redeeming factors.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear MaJo D,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel is currently under renovation. We are making every effort to lessen the impact of this on our guests, and I truly apologize that your stay was disappointing due to the work being done. With regards to your rate, unfortunately, because you had booked through a 3rd party, we were not able to adjust it on our end. We had upgraded you to a suite because we felt that you might enjoy the extra space while you were here.

As our staff will remain the same, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back once our renovations are complete in September. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any way that we can be of assistance in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Leiya Cohen
Director of Front Office
lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!