“Refurbished rooms are brilliant!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #338 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Clanfield, United Kingdom
“Refurbished rooms are brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We enjoyed a six day break at The Time and would thoroughly recommend it. Rooms on different floors are being renovated but finished product is excellent. We were the first people to stay in our room and it was lovely. Beds very comfortable, air conditioning superb, shower first class with unlimited hot water, cleaning first class in difficult conditions due to on-going work but didn't affect our stay at all. Situation two minutes from Times Square also unbelievable. Would certainly stay again if we ever go back to NYC!!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location location location! Isn't that what every one looks for in NY? Well I know thats what us Irish look for , you need somewhere close to the theatre district ,and this didn't disappoint as it faces the theatre showing Chicago and is next door to The Book of Mormon, and shopping, somewhere midtown cos lets face it you're not going to use the hotel much when you're there, in drop the bags and go off shopping site seeing and shows and back in the room late and repeat for the entire stay so most of the time you don't care what the room looks like but it sure is nice when you come across a hotel that has nice rooms, or will have, as currently this hotel has a few floors under construction - It didn't bother us in the slightest and we nearly didn't noticed the construction work on the lower floors (our floor was finished) We were told upon check in that we would be the first to stay in room 1611 (16th floor) which was nice - we'd be the first to check it out, Leiya (Director of Front Office) helped me out before we had arrived and for that I want to thank her especially (birthday and anniversary). The room itself ,as i said, was just finished, very spacious for NY and my wife loved the decor, I was more amused with the electrical sockets that had USB's in them for charging your phone and also so sneakily hidden away ones at the side of the bed on the dresser tables - nice touch. The bathroom was a simple slate looking tile with a nice rain shower head and walk in shower.
I would say this hotel will probably be a lot more expensive when he renovations are finished (Sept 15) so Id book a room now to get a good deal , hopefully not too expensive as we'd like to stay there again.
Could anything be improved..... well anything can always be improved but I gave the room leeway as it was just finished and anything I could pick didn't effect our stay or enjoyment of the room, things like room service menu, brochure/amenities book, tea/coffee station in the room little things like that which I'm sure will come in time. the wifi in the bedroom was a nice touch and free for us.

Would I stay again...... Of course!

Hit like if you thought this was helpfull.

Room Tip: Rooms renovated at the moment,all rooms should be good by Sept 15,its the city that never sleeps so...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dunmow, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel is in a great location in New York, just a few minutes walk from Times Square, and an easy walk to Central Park, Empire State and many other attractions.
The staff are very helpful at all times and the room while not large is certainly "fit for purpose" and clean.
The hotel was under refurbishment while we were staying which did mean much dust and sharing the lifts with assorted workmen, which was slightly annoying at times but work has to be done and I am sure it will be worth it when it is finished.
A nice stay at a nice Hotel, and when the work is finished I am sure it will be a great stay at a great Hotel.

Room Tip: lower floors, away from the workmen
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Keeping in mind this is a “boutique” hotel, which in NYC means the smallest room in the world. Sorry I don’t have pictures this time, but the other traveler pics are accurate.

The Good

The staff was amazing. To my shame I don’t remember their names, but honestly every single one of them at any time of the day was great. From the pre-phone calls to the hotel, to check-in/check-out, to room service. Clearly service is a point of pride with them. Better yet, they do it genuinely with a smile, friendliness, and care.

The location can’t be beat. It’s a few easy walking blocks to everything you want in mid-town.

The room service menu is huge, which I loved. It was basically the full menu from their onsite restaurant. While the price was to be expected for RS (high), the food was great, and worth it. Again, very friendly service.

The bed/bedding was super comfortable, and the lighting in the room was decent. If you have a King room, you better be rooming with someone you really like. The bed takes the entire room. We didn’t feel cramped, because we know what to expect in NYC, but if you aren’t familiar with space in the city, you’ll be in for a slight shock.
The tv was flat screen, the remote had issues, but once you figured out the trick it wasn’t a big deal. They have a minibar with some space for small private items.

The lobby is pretty, and the hallways clean. We didn’t hear any street noise in our room which is impressive in the city.

Note-

Check on the internet in the hotel. The site/brochure in the room say there is a daily fee, but it’s actually free. I’m not sure if that’s because of the light construction going on in the hotel or a new policy and the brochure/web hasn’t been updated.

The Bad

If I were staying in town longer than a couple of days, I’d need a different hotel for some basic reasons. The shower is large, and clean but looking very dated. The white tiles/grout were discolored which doesn’t look/feel nice. Again, clean, but old. The very top corner of the shower (high ceiling) had mold. It was about the size of your palm, and honestly not crazy like some reviews wrote (at least in our room) but it’s a huge turn-off when you’re thinking ‘clean.’ It just gives a really bad impression of everything else. They were doing construction at the hotel, so I’m hoping they’re fixing/upgrading all the rooms.

Fyi- we saw the construction workers in the hallway, but didn’t hear anything. The elevators were very fast too.

The shelving in the shower is non-existent, which is an issue to me as a woman. One tiny metal holder to put your razor and maybe a bar of soap/tiny bottle. I don’t like putting stuff on the shower floor. (shampoo, etc.) The sink handle was broken. The whole thing lifted out of the sink. To be fair, we didn’t report it because we were only there for a few days. The bathroom has plenty of space due to a wall mount with tiny cubbies. The towels were really nice, and they provide free robes in the room.

The minibar could have been cleaner to make it more appealing. The doorbell didn’t work for our room. The closet isn’t huge, but we were still able to arrange two HUGE suitcases out of our way utilizing desk space and a small table. The view was a nasty alley, but that can’t really be helped I suppose. We just kept the curtains closed.

If they renovate the rooms, I’d definitely stay here again. If they don’t, it’s a no go. Everything was great with staff, location, price, but the bathroom issues were a big turn-off.

Room Tip: They appear to be upgrading, definitely get that room or don't stay.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just back from staying here, great hotel, amazingly helpful staff ( jack & josh you guys bossed it ) room was comfy, especially the king size bed & shower room was a good size, location was excellent! Yeah it's under renovation but if it wasn't for meeting a workman in the lift would never have noticed, Can't big up this hotel enough made our stay in the city a perfect 10, can't wait till we return!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately the hotel is under renovation and consequently its quality is very undermined. I have no negative comments on the hotel staff with whom I interacted but my room was dirty, extremely noisy (prepare for construction noises during the night) and the lack of facilities in the room is very surprising (no closet but a hole on the wall covered by a curtain, a bathroom from the 70's with an unpleasant smell coming from the pipes amongst other surprises). In the general areas the lack of cleanness is also very visible and the foot prints left by the workers were all over the place including in the elevators where an employed tried to maintained presentable without major success.
The hotel location in Manhattan is very central but I would not recommend any stay until the construction is completed. Be aware of the hotel photos as they do not depict reality.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with the air system at the window. In this case the window is made of plastic and not g...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel wasn't the one I payed to stay at! But was moved to this one a few days before travelling. There was no issues at all with the transition of my details.
I read a lot of reviews about the hotel. And many of them say the same thing.
The number 1 thing is he location. I have been to NY a few times and this hotel has the best location for the prices being offered. I see people saying the wifi is not free in the rooms. However I asked at reception on arrival, handed over my email address and I didn't pay a thing when we handed to the key back.
The staff had every answer I was looking for when I asked them questions, even stupid ones. The rooms are what you pay for, not to big. But big enough for two people to relax when your feet hurt.
And the cab I ordered through the door staff, was worth every penny getting us back to the airport. So I would highly recommend asking them to help you get back.
If this is your first time to NY I would definitely have around $100 ready for the trip back. I wouldn't be anymore than that. And that does include tip.
I will be returning to NY, and when I do I will be looking at this hotel again to stay at.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!