“To avoid at least until construction is finished” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #339 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Geneva, Switzerland
“To avoid at least until construction is finished”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Unfortunately the hotel is under renovation and consequently its quality is very undermined. I have no negative comments on the hotel staff with whom I interacted but my room was dirty, extremely noisy (prepare for construction noises during the night) and the lack of facilities in the room is very surprising (no closet but a hole on the wall covered by a curtain, a bathroom from the 70's with an unpleasant smell coming from the pipes amongst other surprises). In the general areas the lack of cleanness is also very visible and the foot prints left by the workers were all over the place including in the elevators where an employed tried to maintained presentable without major success.
The hotel location in Manhattan is very central but I would not recommend any stay until the construction is completed. Be aware of the hotel photos as they do not depict reality.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with the air system at the window. In this case the window is made of plastic and not g...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel wasn't the one I payed to stay at! But was moved to this one a few days before travelling. There was no issues at all with the transition of my details.
I read a lot of reviews about the hotel. And many of them say the same thing.
The number 1 thing is he location. I have been to NY a few times and this hotel has the best location for the prices being offered. I see people saying the wifi is not free in the rooms. However I asked at reception on arrival, handed over my email address and I didn't pay a thing when we handed to the key back.
The staff had every answer I was looking for when I asked them questions, even stupid ones. The rooms are what you pay for, not to big. But big enough for two people to relax when your feet hurt.
And the cab I ordered through the door staff, was worth every penny getting us back to the airport. So I would highly recommend asking them to help you get back.
If this is your first time to NY I would definitely have around $100 ready for the trip back. I wouldn't be anymore than that. And that does include tip.
I will be returning to NY, and when I do I will be looking at this hotel again to stay at.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Was good, clean solid. Minor renovations to a room nearby by other than that was a good stay. Location was right in Times Square, a little too much in the way of foot traffic because needed to fight through crowds nearly every time we left the hotel

Stayed April 2015
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good price for a night in Midtown, so I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by a very snazzy lobby and well-appointed (albeit tiny) room.

Just be prepared to get nickel and dimed to death. Couple of examples:

- $10 for in-room wireless
- No coffee in the room or the lobby, had to pay $3 for a little to-go cup in the restaurant downstairs
- They hang "free" postcards in your room for you to fill out, but if you try to send them from the front desk, it costs $1.10 a piece for "postage".

Again - nice place, and the bed was very comfy. Just don't expect any of the little niceties you'd usually get from a place you pay to make you comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brisbane Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are looking for the perfect location when visiting Manhatten Island, New York, this is the hotel for you. Central to Manhatten, you are two blocks from Time Square. Amazing access to attractions like hop on, hop off bus stop Number One and easy walking distance to the Rockafellar Centre and the Empire State Building which are also close by.

You will find rooms at the hotel quite small but I guess you are not expecting to spend too much time there other than to sleep for a couple of hours. There are no facilities on offer to allow you to make a coffee or store any beverage in the fridge. Your room fridge will be fully stocked with mini bar goodies which will cost you. Bathroom and toilets are very small and certainly rate no better than three (3) star. Unfortunately, we experienced a toilet cistern that persisted in continuing to run after flushing. Annoying but no a major hitch. Still rate this hotel given ease of access to the centre of the Big Apple. Peter, Brisbane Australia.

Room Tip: Can't really add too much advice regarding floor preferences. We stayed on floor 7 and it was ea...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Stuarts Draft VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at The Time on a quick trip to NYC. Picked for price and location. Good price, right off time square, close to the subway, and right next to our theater. Our room was small, but very comfortable. Had a delicious desert in the restaurant after our show. Overall a perfect fit for our needs.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I stayed over night and had a amazing time. The hotel was beautiful and well kept. The room was just as nice. The room was quiet large and beautiful set up. All the workers were all very nice and and gave us many suggestions to do while in the city for our short stay. This was the prefect hotel to enjoy a night out with friends. I suggest everyone check out this hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Cait S,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words with our Time team!

We hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any way that we can be of assistance in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Leiya Cohen
Director of Front Office
lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!