“" Enjoy Luxurious Services " Can you tell me where ????” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #339 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Biel, Switzerland
“" Enjoy Luxurious Services " Can you tell me where ????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I travel in average 100 days a year and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel.
When I first arrived at the front desk after a 12 hours journey I was standing there and the woman supposed to check me in tell me to wait because she was not done with the 3 young girls that had to pay cash ( the young girls were 4 meters away from the desk and discussing who should pay what and why and....).
She finally said to me to come and check in...She gives me the keys and I take the elevator to the room. The hotel is under massive renovation. One of the elevator was absolutely disgusting...first question..why do you allow clients to take that elevator ? I arrive on floor 8 and as soon as I get out of the elevator i can breath the dust all over. I finally got in the room. I am standing there and wondering...where am i going to open my suitcase because I didn't have enough room around the bed. Went down to the front desk ( waited 5 minutes for the elevator ) and asked " are you sure that this is a Deluxe King Room" ? To be honest at that moment i was already very grumpy: the other girl at the front desk saw it and came to me saying " let's try to find another room for you ". She has been nice to me..showed me a couple of rooms and i choosed a bigger room. Went down to the front desk with her and she gave me the keys for my " new " room on the 7th floor. Went back to the 8th floor to pick up my luggages and surprise the key didnt work. Went down again to the front desk ( always waited at least 5 minutes for the elevator ). The first girl at the front desk gives me a new key...I go back to the 8th floor ( again waiting and waiting and waiting for the elevator ) and surprise...the key doesn't open the door....so back to the front desk ( don't forget the 5 minutes at the elevator ). i finally get into the room with my new key ..take my luggages , go to the 7th floor and believe it or not the keys didn't work again....so this time i am going back to the front desk with all my luggages, get my new keys and finally get into the room.... after having unpacked i wanted to put things in the safe...safe is not working...I call the front desk ( it is 5.05 PM ). they say that they will send somebody...5.25 nobody came so far...I call back the front desk and after 5 m a young guy shows up. The poor guy asks me if apart from that everything is ok. I said " well, ask me another question ".... after having tried for 10m minutes to solve the problem he finally calls a techinician...the techinician comes , does what he ad to do, and the safe is finally working. Long story short , it is 5.45 PM and i am finally ready to go out ( consider that I checked in around 3.30 ).
I have attached to this a few pictures of the room... it is too bad that you cannot get the idea of the bad smell in the bathroom...
Long story short..this hotel is old, dirty ( i left on purpose pieces of paper under the bed and some hair in the shower ..and the things under the bed are still there after 3 days ) and the cherry on the cake is that i had a " special " deal at " only " 225 USD + 14.75% taxes..that brings the room to 260 USD/night. I had the assistant manager calling me to apologize.. I have appreciated her concern but it didn't solve my problem...Stay away from this place till renovations are done...It is in fairness the worst experience i had in a hotel in my all life

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Good price for a night in Midtown, so I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by a very snazzy lobby and well-appointed (albeit tiny) room.

Just be prepared to get nickel and dimed to death. Couple of examples:

- $10 for in-room wireless
- No coffee in the room or the lobby, had to pay $3 for a little to-go cup in the restaurant downstairs
- They hang "free" postcards in your room for you to fill out, but if you try to send them from the front desk, it costs $1.10 a piece for "postage".

Again - nice place, and the bed was very comfy. Just don't expect any of the little niceties you'd usually get from a place you pay to make you comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brisbane Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are looking for the perfect location when visiting Manhatten Island, New York, this is the hotel for you. Central to Manhatten, you are two blocks from Time Square. Amazing access to attractions like hop on, hop off bus stop Number One and easy walking distance to the Rockafellar Centre and the Empire State Building which are also close by.

You will find rooms at the hotel quite small but I guess you are not expecting to spend too much time there other than to sleep for a couple of hours. There are no facilities on offer to allow you to make a coffee or store any beverage in the fridge. Your room fridge will be fully stocked with mini bar goodies which will cost you. Bathroom and toilets are very small and certainly rate no better than three (3) star. Unfortunately, we experienced a toilet cistern that persisted in continuing to run after flushing. Annoying but no a major hitch. Still rate this hotel given ease of access to the centre of the Big Apple. Peter, Brisbane Australia.

Room Tip: Can't really add too much advice regarding floor preferences. We stayed on floor 7 and it was ea...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Stuarts Draft VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at The Time on a quick trip to NYC. Picked for price and location. Good price, right off time square, close to the subway, and right next to our theater. Our room was small, but very comfortable. Had a delicious desert in the restaurant after our show. Overall a perfect fit for our needs.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friends and I stayed over night and had a amazing time. The hotel was beautiful and well kept. The room was just as nice. The room was quiet large and beautiful set up. All the workers were all very nice and and gave us many suggestions to do while in the city for our short stay. This was the prefect hotel to enjoy a night out with friends. I suggest everyone check out this hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Cait S,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words with our Time team!

We hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any way that we can be of assistance in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here at The Time Hotel. It was extremely comfortable and spacious as well. I most definitely felt at home during my visit, both snacks and wine were included in with the purchase of the room which was a nice treat. Both rooms im the suite as well as the bathroom were very clean. I also loved the fact that the hotel was located in a decent spot in the popular center of the city. Whoever stays at this hotel will not be disappointed, this was an amazing and enjoyable stay!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Kristenv1228,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled to hear that you felt our rooms were comfortable and our location ideal. It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you back at The Time on your next visit to NYC!

County Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the get go I was not impressed with this hotel at all. The hotel was being renovated when I was staying there and no facilities/area were available for us. Our room was not ready on arrival. The hallway leading to our room was filthy and had food on the floor. The room was dirty which I brought to the managers attention yett the matter was never looked into and rectified during my stay. It is very over priced and not worth the money.

The only positive about the hotel the doorman, he was very helpful and effieicient and the location. I have been to New York several times and this is the worst hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Ciara L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the challenges you faced with your rooms. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we take these items very seriously. I have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure that the issues you experienced do not reoccur.

As you mentioned, we are currently undergoing a major renovation by the Rockwell Group which will greatly improve the quality of our rooms, as well as the breadth of amenities offered. I do hope that you will provide us the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience our product and service once again, once our renovations are complete. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is any way that I can be of assistance in the future.

lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!