“Comfy Bed, Zero Perks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #339 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfy Bed, Zero Perks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good price for a night in Midtown, so I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by a very snazzy lobby and well-appointed (albeit tiny) room.

Just be prepared to get nickel and dimed to death. Couple of examples:

- $10 for in-room wireless
- No coffee in the room or the lobby, had to pay $3 for a little to-go cup in the restaurant downstairs
- They hang "free" postcards in your room for you to fill out, but if you try to send them from the front desk, it costs $1.10 a piece for "postage".

Again - nice place, and the bed was very comfy. Just don't expect any of the little niceties you'd usually get from a place you pay to make you comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you are looking for the perfect location when visiting Manhatten Island, New York, this is the hotel for you. Central to Manhatten, you are two blocks from Time Square. Amazing access to attractions like hop on, hop off bus stop Number One and easy walking distance to the Rockafellar Centre and the Empire State Building which are also close by.

You will find rooms at the hotel quite small but I guess you are not expecting to spend too much time there other than to sleep for a couple of hours. There are no facilities on offer to allow you to make a coffee or store any beverage in the fridge. Your room fridge will be fully stocked with mini bar goodies which will cost you. Bathroom and toilets are very small and certainly rate no better than three (3) star. Unfortunately, we experienced a toilet cistern that persisted in continuing to run after flushing. Annoying but no a major hitch. Still rate this hotel given ease of access to the centre of the Big Apple. Peter, Brisbane Australia.

Room Tip: Can't really add too much advice regarding floor preferences. We stayed on floor 7 and it was ea...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Stuarts Draft VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at The Time on a quick trip to NYC. Picked for price and location. Good price, right off time square, close to the subway, and right next to our theater. Our room was small, but very comfortable. Had a delicious desert in the restaurant after our show. Overall a perfect fit for our needs.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I stayed over night and had a amazing time. The hotel was beautiful and well kept. The room was just as nice. The room was quiet large and beautiful set up. All the workers were all very nice and and gave us many suggestions to do while in the city for our short stay. This was the prefect hotel to enjoy a night out with friends. I suggest everyone check out this hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Cait S,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words with our Time team!

We hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any way that we can be of assistance in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here at The Time Hotel. It was extremely comfortable and spacious as well. I most definitely felt at home during my visit, both snacks and wine were included in with the purchase of the room which was a nice treat. Both rooms im the suite as well as the bathroom were very clean. I also loved the fact that the hotel was located in a decent spot in the popular center of the city. Whoever stays at this hotel will not be disappointed, this was an amazing and enjoyable stay!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Kristenv1228,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled to hear that you felt our rooms were comfortable and our location ideal. It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you back at The Time on your next visit to NYC!

County Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the get go I was not impressed with this hotel at all. The hotel was being renovated when I was staying there and no facilities/area were available for us. Our room was not ready on arrival. The hallway leading to our room was filthy and had food on the floor. The room was dirty which I brought to the managers attention yett the matter was never looked into and rectified during my stay. It is very over priced and not worth the money.

The only positive about the hotel the doorman, he was very helpful and effieicient and the location. I have been to New York several times and this is the worst hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ciara L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the challenges you faced with your rooms. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we take these items very seriously. I have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure that the issues you experienced do not reoccur.

As you mentioned, we are currently undergoing a major renovation by the Rockwell Group which will greatly improve the quality of our rooms, as well as the breadth of amenities offered. I do hope that you will provide us the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience our product and service once again, once our renovations are complete. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is any way that I can be of assistance in the future.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I traveled with my husband to New York for vacation and to visit some friends. It was our first time visiting New York and we didn't know what to expect. We chose The Time because of its central location to all of the touristy attractions and the affordable price. We stayed for 4 nights last week.

Since the moment we arrived, the hotel staff was more than eager to offer us a helping hand or any advice about what to do in New York City. The front desk associates couldn't check us in early but they stored our bags and told us all of the best places to shop nearby.

We got a red room which we thought suited our romantic getaway. The bed was comfy and suited our needs. We had a view of the church across the street and saw all the hustle and bustle of Broadway but still slept soundly. We really just wanted to be out exploring the city. The concierge helped us with planning every excursion including a comedy show in the village, Book of Mormon Tickets, and a reservation at their restaurant Serafina. The rooms were cleaned well everyday.

We had an issue with our tv not working and it a technician came up and fixed it within minutes. The decor needed a bit of updating but we didn't mind.

The design was a pretty retro chic. We made ourselves at home in the lounge and enjoyed a game of pool. We heard that the hotel is being renovated and would like to see the results.

We had a great experience overall. The next time we come to New York we will definitely be coming to The Time!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sandy M,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time Hotel, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are honored that you chose The Time for your first visit to New York, and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both our prime Times Square location and our helpful staff.

We hope to see you again the next time you travel to NYC! Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any future reservations, or if there is any other way that I can be of assistance.

lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!