“great hotel, lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Winter in NYC Package
Ranked #333 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Vienna, Austria
“great hotel, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stayed in 'The Time' hotel in NYC for the first time, it's really nice and comfortable, two minutes away from the times square. It's very beautiful and clean, lovely staff.. the rooms are quite small but they have everything you need. At this point I want to leave some special words for our housekeeper Tsultrim Sangmo. She kept our room very clean and she's such a great, helpful person. Another one of the personal named Chris Gavalas is a very polite man, helpful, always there to do the best for the hotel guests. He's doing his job very well. An amazing place which I want to visit again for sure.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I always stay at the times when i visit nyc excellent hotel.....very clean....great location....great staff....especially Chris the bellman. He is very helpfull always ready to listen. Also great hockey conversation with him..He also gave us great advise on things to visit...If you have any question dont be shy and go see Chris the bellman....

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have just returned from a four night stay at The Time. The taxi was able to pull up right outside the hotel and we checked in. The room was a lovely size (we booked a king) perfectly adequate and the bed really comfortable.

When we arrived the heating wasn't working but this was quickly sorted and we were given an extra portable heater too.

The location was perfect, a short walk from Times Square. Do visit Ellen's Stardust Diner on 51st Street, it was very entertaining!

The view wasn't great but we were hardly in the room. It was clean, quiet and comfortable.

The staff were all lovely. They knocked our wifi bill off at the end which was pleasing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere clean and comfortable, and you will not be disappointed with the location.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Liz C,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I apologize about the challenges you faced initially with the heating, but I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve it for your in a quick and satisfactory way.

We are thrilled that you will recommend our hotel to others and hope to be able to welcome you back soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservations.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel's location is practically amazing, it's a block away from M&M World, which is right on Times Square. There are many restaurants around this location and most of the broadway shows are 2-3 blocks away. There's one literally right in front, it's called Chicago.

The room is small, about the size of a regular size bedroom but I went, just my boyfriend and I so the size was perfect. The shower is tiny but it's no big deal. Our heater didn't work but we didn't really want to use it anyways. The bed is AMAZING! The mattress is very soft and invites you to sleep, very cozy.

The elevators are really slow, can be a bit annoying at times.

Overall, pretty good hotel, I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Dayli07,

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you took full advantage of our central Times Square location! From theatres to restaurants to Times Square itself, we really are in the middle of everything!

However, I would like to apologize that you did experience some challenges during your stay -- both with the heater and the elevator. I have passed along your comments to our Engineering Department, so that we can improve the stays of our future guests.

I do hope that this does not deter you from returning to The Time on your next visit to New York! Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any future reservations, or if there is any other way that I can be of assistance.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is right there in the middle of everything Broadway.
You can walk to everywhere.
The bedrooms are small, one doesn´t have any room for a big suitcase
or room to move around.
there is a night club/restaurant downstair that is good. I would not recommend
that hotel for a stay with family. But for a business or couples short trip, it is a
great deal for the price, location and convenient stay. Not a luxury stay.
A good, clean, business hotel. The beds are decent and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that face 49th street to get better light. If you don´t have time to look aroun...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Heros E O S,

Thank you for staying at The Time Hotel and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate guest feedback, both good and bad, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit to New York. I may be able to get you a room that's larger than the one that you most recently stayed in.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room heater didnt work and we literally have to wait for a portable heater for 5 hrs when it was -18 degree C outside.

Room is very small with no amenities. Its better to go for a higher range hotel in this area if you want to enjoy your stay.

One towel for 2 people in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Honeymoonfeb2015,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I would like to express my sincere apologies that we were not able to resolve the challenges that you faced in an expedient and satisfactory manner. Our goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guests has an enjoyable experience, and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to do that for you.

I hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Time. If there is any way that I can be of assistance, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Faversham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I have just returned from a fantastic 5 day break at the Time Hotel. We booked the time through Thomas Cook Signature holidays.We would normally do some research before booking but as this was one of those spur of the moment things we took the agents advice. When we got home I went on to Trip Advisor and was worried by some of the reviews. Let me put your minds at rest, from the moment we stepped into the reception we were greeted with a warm and friendly smile. I know we didn't meet all the staff, as we'd go out early and return late, of those we did meet they were very friendly,polite,and very helpful. Our room was 1105. It was spotless on arrival, the house maid came every day, to make the bed clean our room and bathroom, we couldn't fault her.
The hotel is in a prime location near Times Square. If you want a quite Hotel then don't go to the Time! If you accept that you're in a city centre and it's gonna be noisy you won't have any problems.
However long or short your stay the Hotel provided a good level of amenities in our room.
Thanks again for being part of our memorable trip to New York.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1105 If you sign up and become a member of iPrefer then the wifi is free
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Stef H,

I would like to sincerely thank you for such a lovely review. We at The Time are thrilled to hear that we were able to be a part of such a memorable trip.

If there is any way that I can be of assistance in the future, or if you are planning on making another trip to New York, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!