“Great Weekend at The Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Winter in NYC Package
Ranked #332 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Montauk, New York
“Great Weekend at The Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great weekend stay here. Andre checked us in and informed us he would be there until 7AM if we had any other questions. The front desk staff was the best part of this stay, even sending up complimentary red wine. Thank you!

The hotel does need a little more TLC- but most hotels in NYC do.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Inman, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were welcomed by Andre at check in and what a fantastic experience that was. Andre was most helpful with information that helped make our trip great. His knowledge of the area and ideas of things to see and do was huge in helping take some of the stress out of our planning. He even let us use umbrellas when the rain/snow set in on Saturday. Andre would be great in training others in customer service. The entire staff made us feel right at home. I would recommend The Time Hotel for anyone wanting to take an affordable trip to NYC. Our room was somewhat small compared to other hotels were we have stayed, so I would recommend upgrading to a larger room. Thank you again to the staff at The Time for a great getaway!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at The Time for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. The hotel is wonderful. It is in a great location..a block from Times Square! The hotel staff members were friendly, attentive, and efficient. The doorman/bellhop, Josh, made every effort to ensure that my boyfriend and I had a pleasurable stay. There is also an excellent restaurant, and bar right in the hotel.

I would absolutely stay at The Time again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I booked my room through hotels.com, pleased that I got a great deal on a Midtown hotel. Unfortunately it ended not being such a great deal. The heat did not work in my room, so I was moved to another room. The TV remote control didn't work in the second room, the bathroom sink drained very slowly, and the shower was dirty. Fortunately, I was there for just one night. I won't be returning to The Time.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great experience at The Time. Was literally 1/3 the cost of The Marriott a couple of blocks away and had everything we need. The bathroom was starting to show its age but was perfectly clean and functional, nothing wrong with it.

The staff are great. All friendly and accommodating and go the extra mile. The front desk gave us an upgrade for the first night, housekeeping came and introduced themselves with a free bottle of wine. Never felt like they were trying to pile on any paid extras. Other than the restaurant there weren't any additional charges on the final bill.

Very close to Time Square and several subway stations. Extremely easy to get around using it as a home base.

Really good option if you want somewhere clean, nice, convenient and not crazy expensive, especially for the area.

Room Tip: The WiFi says it costs $10/day but they happily refund it all upon checkout if you join their free h...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jim Hare,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with friendly and accommodating service, and that your overall experience was great!

We hope to see you again the next time you are in New York. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any way that I can be of future assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The location of this hotel is absolutely spot on. I stayed at The Time recently with my two younger sisters and found that the hotel location made everything so easily accessible and the area felt 100% safe. Just off Times Square but still quiet enough for a good night sleep.

I found it to be pretty good value for money by New York standards.

The first night we had issues where the room was freezing cold but we went to the reception the next morning and they fixed it with no hesitation by upgrading our room and moving us without hassle. The staff were extremely apologetic. Furthermore, all staff members could not have been nicer (especially one of the housekeeping staff who was amazing.)

The rooms are slightly outdated but definitely functional and the location trumps all. So hard to find something this ideal just steps from Time Square.

The cherry on top of the cake was that they waived the wifi prices for us, which made three Australian girls very happy when we could contact home for free.

All in all, would definitely stay again.

Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Gabrielle B,

Thank you for your fabulous review! We are delighted to hear that we could provide you with both a central Times Square location and a great night's sleep. I apologize that your room was cold the first night, but am glad that we were able to rectify the issue to your satisfaction. I have also passed along your kind words to our staff.

We hope to see you at The Time on your next visit in New York! Please feel free to contact me directly with any future reservations.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small hotel a block off of Broadway near all theaters. I booked this place for a few nights based on reviews and price point. I was not disappointed. I like smaller hotels, and this one was personal, clean, and fine for my purpose of laying my head down after NYC adventures.

As everyone points out, the staff is super. Rooms are clean, small, but comfortable. A little street noise, but hey, it's the City! The view out my 8th floor window was priceless: marquis for the musical Chicago, with tall buildings behind. I loved it. There is a small workout room with a great array of free weights/ machines. Also I found a great 24 hour deli on 47th street, just a short walk.

There is a renovation beginning in spring, and this place will just shine with some updating. I'll be back on my next visit to New York.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Pacsnow,

We're glad to hear that The Time suited your needs as a small boutique hotel in the heart of the Theatre District. We're also delighted that our staff could provide you with warm, personalized hospitality during your visit.

As you mentioned, renovations are just beginning, and our final product should be fantastic. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Time for your next stay in New York!

lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!