“Excellent hotel near timesquare” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Wine&Wifi
Ranked #332 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Excellent hotel near timesquare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

the best hotel if u want to be in the city. excellent deals are available at this hotel. its very easy to commute as there are subway stations just at a walking distance.
the prices are clearly mentioned and there is no extra or hidden charges.
overall its on of the best hotel with affordable price and best place to stay on holidays

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Super friendly staff, rooms were amazing!!!! Love the decor and modern vibe, I'm definitely coming back here in the future!!!! Love how close it is to everything. The staff were amazing, really helpful and sweet. Cleanest hotel I've been to in New York!

• Stayed December 2014
Wick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having read some of the reviews on tripadvisor I wasn't particularly relishing checking in here after a long day of 3 flights! However I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the things we were pre-warned about were true but it was in no way a hell-hole, and these were all minor factors which did not spoil our stay! Being from the UK I would compare it to your average Travelodge, nothing spectacular but somewhere to get your head down after a busy day! We chose this hotel as the Crowne Plaza worked out at over £500 more for a 5 night stay! Yes, you pay a lot for what is essentially Travelodge standard but then we visited NYC in December when prices are extortionate so what can you expect. The location is absolutely fantastic and this was our most important factor so if you are looking for somewhere right on times Square that is reasonable by NYC standards, please don't be put off this hotel, just know not to expect the Ritz!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in New York to see two Broadway shows with my son and daughter-in law. My son picked the hotel with us arriving on Friday, Dec 5. Located at 224 West 49 Street about one and a half blocks from Times Square. After checking in which went very well, we arrived in the room which was about 76 degrees. I quickly turned the cooling on to 72 which for the next three days never was any lower than 74. I did not bother reporting it since my son had the same issue with his room and did change rooms during the night. Since we were mainly just sleeping in the room, it worked out just fine and about $200 cheaper than the Hiton. Rooms could use some updating but worked out well. Located in the hotel, was the Serifina restaurant which is open for all three meals. Breakfast was good but their Italian dinners were great! They fill quickly so make a reservation or eat early. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful with our questions.

Room Tip: If you are very picky about your hotel, then stay at one of the majors for $200 more per night.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice pleasant stay at this very central location at affordable pricing. Only setback being the very unhelpful staff who refused to assist with calling the transport company to confirm pickup dates. I was asked to go find a payphone!!!
Some service!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Pat Kwek,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. While I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Times Square location, I am disheartened that our staff was unhelpful in assisting you with your car service. For this I truly apologize.

I hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back to The Time and change your opinion of our hospitality. Please contact me directly if there is any way that I can be of future assistance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, the staff was very nice and with a product like the Time Hotel I don't know how they keep it up. NYC hotel rooms are generally on the small size, I get it, and this is no exception. However the hallways were worn and dirty; room smelled and looked soiled...spotted, rusty furniture, stained desk chair (only chair that fit in room), and; TV/lights only partially worked. And, I've been on cruise ships that had a shower stall bigger than this hotel - unbelievable - the shower curtain actually stuck to you body as you showered and water was everywhere (you could see mold on the baseboards). All this...and more for the low, low price of $359/night! When I spoke to the manager..."Oh, we're going to remodel soon". That's an answer? If true, given the starting point that's going to be a big undertaking!

Room Tip: Wear a Hazmat suit!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Lindsey R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback of us.

I am sincerely disheartened that you experienced so many challenges with the room condition during your stay. While it is true that we are going under a complete renovation beginning in January, there is no excuse that you were checked into a room in such poor condition. For this I truly apologize.

I would also like to apologize about the miscommunication you experienced during your stay. I know that we had put aside another room for you to move to. Unfortunately, we did not have any outside contact information for you, and were under the incorrect assumption that you would let us know when you were ready to move. I apologize that even after you had reached out to management, we were not able to correctly rectify the situation.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further, or if there is any way that I can be of future assistance.

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A couple of friends and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was amazing. The location is superb, along with the customer service being outstanding. After a long bus ride from PA, it was nice to go to the hotel, drop off our luggage and wait for our room to get ready. The room was extremely clean and very tidy. Sure, it's NYC, there's going to be noise, but everything good about the hotel outweighed that. If you are choosing a hotel, choose The Time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tkb76,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Time Hotel. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for the compliments!

The next time that you visit New York, we hope to see you back at The Time! Please feel free to contact me directly with any future reservations.

lcohen@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!