“Location and Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #327 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Denver, Colorado
“Location and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location and helpful, accommodating staff. We picked a week where rates all over midtown/Times Square were outrageous (even for NYC) so it is difficult to rate value. Small but clean, funky room. Windows basically over "Book of Mormon" theater entrance. Easy subway access.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Awesome location next to Times Square! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was pretty small but didn't bother us since we are used to it in NYC. Stayed 8 nights. Would definitely recommend.

Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear pur51,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time and for sharing your review! We're glad you enjoyed our staff and location and hope to see you again soon! Please reach out to me directly with any future reservations.

Leyburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time in New York and stayed 7 nights. Excellent midtown Mannhattan location for all the tourist attractions. Times Square literally around the corner and in the centre of theatreland. Friendly staff at all times and rooms comfortable and clean. Ideal hotel for use as a base.
We had 3 x double rooms as a family and all felt the same. Some distance from airports but that means you get to take a yellow cab. :)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Richard H,

Thank you so much kind review. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stays with us, and would love to welcome you back soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservations.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

nice place for a weekend.....definitely NOT a 4 star as currently advertised

great location; comfortable; economical; nice little restaurant; comfy little bar with opening to 49th; although not up to 4 star status, we will certainly stay again

Room Tip: high rooms best
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Ramdds702,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Come January we will be making major renovations to the hotel, significantly raising the quality of our product. We hope to welcome you back when this is complete. Please feel free to contact me directly with any future reservations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I checked in at 1:15 am, and they charged me for the simplest room around 400$ for one night (check out at 12).
The room was very small and dirty! The a/c was stuck on 80 degrees all night! Also they were no hot water in the shower.
The receptionist was nice and reduced 50% off the starting price. Still, a bad experience for 200$.

• Stayed September 2014
Leiya C, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tal E,

Thank you for staying with us at The Time Hotel and for giving us your candid feedback.

I would like to express my sincere apologies that your experience was not an enjoyable one. I have passed along your comments to our Engineering team, and we are looking into the concerns you expressed with regards to your room.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and to change your opinion of The Time. Please contact me directly for future reservations, as I would like to personally make sure that you are well taken care of.

Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week, first time in New York City.
What I loved the most of this hotel is the staff and the position:

Position: extremely close to Times Square, 50 metres from Broadway, in the middle of the Theatre district, a busway stop 100 metres from there… just perfect.
And the street it’s not a chaotic one, well of course you can just forget to have a perfectly silent place in Manhattan, but it’s quite a miracle to find a quiet street so close to Times Square!!

Staff: sooooo nice and helpful, accommodating, friendly and professional!! Being there for the first time I asked them many times to reserve a restaurant, or print my tickets, to get a taxi to the airport… they have always been very supporting and took care of my request.
Especially, -I’m sorry I don’t remember his name! - the nice black guy who checked me in Saturday. THANK YOU!

Of course, there are some negative points: the rooms aren’t very big, but they are perfectly clean and had no problem finding a place for my &my boyfriend huge baggages. Bathroom would benefit from a refurbishing, and I would suggest exchanging the enormous minibar with something smaller…

Bed is extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby for 7 days in the deluxe room at the 16th floor.

Another negative point: I think that for your category, Wi-Fi should be free also in the rooms, not only in the first floor.

Thanks for the awesome time guys : )

Leiya C, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear moiGeneva,

Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Time Hotel and we hope to see you again soon. I have passed along your kind words to Andre, the guest service agent who checked you in.

Once our renovation begins in January, we will be completely remodeling both the bathroom and the bedroom, giving our guests a more updated and user friendly space.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location is a key when booking this place. Room like anywhere in NYC - small. One thing that was realy bad was AC or something that was kinda reminding AC unit in the room. When I came back to your room all you could smell was humid, mold and stink.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side and higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us! We want to apologize for the AC Unit and we have our engineering department looking into it now. We will be starting renovations in the beginning of January and would love for you to stay again once everything is complete. For future reservations please email me at jsims@thetimeny.com.

Warm Regards,
Josh
Sales Coordinator

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!