“Great location, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #325 of 451 hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great hotel with a prime location convenient for everything my friends and I wanted out of our mini-vacation in NYC. Staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel had everything we needed, no complaints. Very pleasant stay all around!!

Stayed July 2014

1,215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Time was one of my favorite places in NY. The location was great and the hotel was one of the best boutique hotels. Over the past few years, this hotel has lost its edge. Everything about the rooms now seems beat up, old and overused. It's just not plush anymore.
The staff is very accommodating, but for the price other options in the city just make more sense.
I will not be returning until the furniture in the hotel rooms are updated and the bathrooms are redone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We start renovations in the next couple months and will be completed of June next year. We promise you we will get our edge back and you will be pleasantly surprised. For your future reservation please reach out to jsims@thetimeny.com and we will make sure everything is perfect.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Full disclosure I arrived late and probably got one of the worst rooms in the hotel and paid a very full price in the high season. While the room was of average size for NYC, it was very tired. The carpet was stained, the bed soft, the TV old and small, and the "closet" was a joke. No dresser.

The bathroom was tiny even by NYC standards, and needed drastic updating. The shower screen would not cover the entire area, so the bathroom floor got wet. The sink faucet was wobbly.

The internet worked well, as did the air conditioning. Friendly staff.

The restaurant is very nice, good straightforward Italian at fair prices with friendly service.

If you are on a budget and can get this hotel cheap, maybe its for you.

Room Tip: Although no view or light, the room was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at The Time. We will be starting renovations shortly and they will be completed this time next year. I would like to invite you back after renovations are complete to experience a completely new Time Hotel.

I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and you enjoyed Serafina located right below us. For your future reservation please reach out to myself at jsims@thetimeny.com.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a perfect location right next to Times Square and Broadway. You step out the door and it's all there for you. We booked a two night stay and then upon seeing how central we were decided to book another two. The staff were really helpful and friendly in sorting us the extended stay. The rooms are not great though. They are tired and need upgrading. Our bathroom had slight mould on the ceiling above the shower and the sink was cracked. There wasn't much of a view from the room but that's fine you just got to step out the front of the hotel. Wifi is free in the lobby area but not in your room where it's something like $10 a day, which is bad it should be free in this type of hotel. So in summary I would absolutely stay here again based on location, I don't spend time in a hotel room when there's a city to explore so it was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed June 2014
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent visit. We will be starting renovations shortly and I would like to invite you back once we have completed everything. For future reservations please reach out to me at jsims@thetimeny.com.

Sales coordinator
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is rated a 4 star hotel. But it does not live up to that standard at all. In total it offers a medium standard accommodation at a great location but nothing else. In fact, there are a number of factors that are bringing the overall impression of this place down. For $300 a night the hotel is a dissapointment and not worth the price.

I was staying in the hotel with my girl friend for 5 nights in late April 2014. We had booked online by Expedia. The booking confirmation stated a room with a "full sized double bed". But upon arrival the receptionist immediate commented that the bed would be too small for us. I'm 6'3 tall (192 cm). We wanted to have a look but she was right. No way we could sleep comfortably in that small bed offered. The receptionist was friendly and helpful to upgrade our room to king size beds for $40 a night. An extra cost we didn't expect though.

A summary of our impressions from our 5 nights:
- Noisy rooms (air condition is placed outside the bedroom widows)
- There is no views from the window
- The rooms are tiny
- Bathrooms keep a low standard
- Rooms in general looks very old and dated
- Great location
- Friendly staff
- Wifi connection is expensive. We managed to get free wifi due to our room upgrade and a nice receptionist.
- There are two elevators for the 16 floors. Prepare to wait for it to arrive at your floor and don't be surprised if it is full already. wait for the next and hope it has space available for you.....
- Breakfast not included in the price

Room Tip: - Don't get a room next to the elevator. It is noisy. - Pick a room at the top floors. It is l...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give me your feedback on your recent stay at The Time in New York.

I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at The Time. We welcome positive and/or constructive comments such as yours. They are an important tool to assess our guest’s satisfaction and to re-focus our efforts to improve our product & services.

In the next few months we will start renovations on the property from top to bottom so I would like to invite you back to experience our new property this time next year. On the positive side I am glad to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful. Please email for any future reservations at jsims@thetimeny.com.

All the best,
Josh Sims
Sales coordinator
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for just 2 days and booked our stay thru booking.com. On there it asked the time we would be checking in and I said between 11-12noon. Upon arrival the first thing the front desk said was, your room is not ready yet and we have until 3pm! I asked why would you offer an option of checking in earlier if it's not true. She said that it says we would attempt, but it's not guaranteed. That is not what it says. The lobby was filled with luggage from what I assumed were other guests who arrived early, but couldn't check in either. She said she'd take our number and call as soon as the room was ready, NO CALL! So, because we traveled in comfy clothes and we were now going to have to walk around for awhile, we were offered the bathroom to change in! Digging through our luggage in the lobby for clothes, toothbrush and shoes was so much fun!

Arriving to our room, after walking past a coffeemaker and cups on the floor in the hall and what looked to be finished eaten room service. (This was there for 2 days!) The room was definitely a lot smaller than what the picture portrays! The furniture is dated and needs a good cleaning. The shades had spots on them and the tables were chipped. The bathroom is small and the house keepers could stand to use a mold and mildew cleaner. The toilet paper handle was very rusted, the soap holder was loose and the sink was cracked. But, the tub had jets so my daughter was in heaven in the whirlpool tub.

The TV didn't work so we had to call someone to fix and found out we didn't have the right remote. Later on we would find that it was made up in the bed! The bed was very comfortable! But, a king sized bed did not come with king sized pillows, they were very small.

The restaurant had a limited selection of appetizers and beer. Their sangrias were awesome though.

The overall stay was fantastic mostly in part because we got to see so much of the city including the vendors that set up on Saturdays all down Times Square. The hotel is right there at Times Square! We were out and about from about 10am until 10pm or later so we just used the hotel for the basic needs so it did serve its purpose, but I just expected so much more!

I would stay here again, given that I now know what to expect and what they offer.

• Stayed July 2014
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and I am glad we could address all of the issues. I will address these issues personally and I am glad we came up with a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you in the future for your upcoming stays.

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for a good hotel in a great location and the Time hotel was it!!!
Location, Location, Location is the major plus.
A few minutes away from the time square and between 7th & 8th ave. you are in the centre of town.
Try to get a room on a higher floor. We were in a suite on the 16th floor and it was fine.
The staff is very helpfull and they will do their best in order for you to have a great time. Howard was extremely helpfull and kind, so was Andre and the rest of the staff. Stella and Jay the Concierge and each staff member we asked for any kind of help.
We had a few maintenance problems but the staff did their best to help us. Some of the rooms may need an upgrade.
All and all we enjoyed staying at the hotel and we recommend it. We would go back again any time.

• Stayed July 2014
Josh S, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all your wonderful words about your stay at The Time!

It is so good to hear that our wonderful staff made your TIME here into a positive one.

Please email me directly for your future reservations at jsims@thetimeny.com.

Best Regards,
Josh Sims
Sales Coordinator

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!