“Cannot really complain because ... a good night's sleep.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #326 of 452 hotels in New York City
connecticut
“Cannot really complain because ... a good night's sleep.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Staff is very good. And on arrival, I'd been upgraded; again! Last month I reviewed another hotel. Learned the hard way, a noisy night with much street noise and little sleep.

I did check out room 506 and its was a nice newly appointed suite, overlooking 49th street. Not again. The desk looked hard. They were "full", or nearly so.

I understand why room 510 is not assigned first. Small with wear marks on all furniture surfaces it's not very many stars, worthy.

But or and... instead of overlooking the street there was barely a view of 4 somewhat photogenic roof top water tanks.

It was quiet; no street noise nor elevator, nor neighbors, nor hallway noise; a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: I wonder if there is a hospitality industry term or practice for enhancing these noisy street view r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Owl9,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Time Hotel.

I am glad to hear that you were upgraded.....AGAIN...so sorry that it was to a room that was not up to par.

please allow us to mend our mistake the next time you are in New York City. contact me personally and i will make sure all is well. (subject to availability of course)

1,240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in April 2014. Starting with the cons... Staff at the front desk were not very friendly, we had problems checking in and the reception staff weren't very helpful and almost smug that we were having problems. Eventually it was sorted out although they did not apologise at all. The shower door in the room did not close properly and the room does not have a safe so you have to carry all of your valuables around NYC! The room service menu also had the wrong prices on it. Items such as the pizza were actually $3 dearer when actually ordered than was stated on the menu (it wasnt room service charge or sales tax as that was added as well). Also while we were waiting for our problem with our room to be sorted, every other guest at reception had a problem with the hotel. One was complaining that there was no safe in the room and another guest who was stating in the Penthouse Suite said a few fixtures and fittings were shabby and not working, not what you want when staying in the Penthouse!
Having said that the location was amazing, inbetween Broadway and 8th Avenue. Everything within walking distance or there is a subway on the same block! Rooms were cleaned everyday and rooms were spotless. I would stay here just based on the cleanliness and the location!

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Kate,

Thank you for your response.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleaniness of the hotel. Our staff works around the clock to make sure all is in order.

I do apologize for the experience you recieved at the front office. The team is always at their best, so I will make sure to mention it to them so they are aware.

If you have any future plans, please allow me to assist you with the best rates we can offer.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Only spend 7 hours stay in this hotel for 2 nights as most of the time we went out for sightseein, but this hotel will be 8/10 for the marking.
The location just 5 mins walk to Time Square and to several of broadway shows near by, amazing!!! Also if you want to take the train also 10mins walk. This hotel is located in the safe area so we are quite confident to take the train by ourselves as from my friend's experience they were followed when they stayed in some neighbour area hotel, so best is small hotel but safe location;)
The room is window view which we can see the snow and a bit of NY in the morning, so lovely!!!! The cleanliness and furniture is ok and good enough for 2.
To sum up, this is recommended for small group travel!

Room Tip: High floor is recommend so you wont be disturbed by the bar downstair
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mvales, Owner at The Time, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Ruby,

I am so happy to hear of the great TIME you had while staying with us.

Our location is one of the many reasons you cant go wrong by staying with us!!

If you have any future plans in NY, please contact me directly and we will make sure you have an even better TIME!!!

La Romana, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've arrived with my husband and my two little daughters at the hotel around 3:00am (the hotel was informed that I would have a late arrival) and all rooms were overbooked. They offered me a Penthouse, which was a 3 floors room, but with just one bed and too dangerous for kids. I don't understand why they sold my room, if it was pre-paid... The front officer didn't care about us and told us that they couldn't give my money back, because they offered me another type of room and it was my problem that I didn't accept it... I

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a very good stay at The Time, from 14th April for 3 nights. Very unsure what to expect after reading some particularly negative reviews, but was pleasantly surprised!
Room, whilst not huge was of average size for Manhattan, bed was extremely comfortable, yes could probably do with a fresh lick of paint here and there, but kept well by the very friendly housekeeping staff. Bathroom again quite small, but had everything needed, shower pressure was great!
Didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that.
Overall very acceptable stay and would use again if the room rate was good!
Location, right in the middle of Times Square, pretty tough to beat!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Kim E,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your TIME here at the Time Hotel.

If you are in the area again soon please email me directly and we can go ahead and get you the best rate out there!!

Goole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

best location for exploring manhattan, helpful staff , rooms quirky and clean. Great local eateries try Daniella for breakfast and Brazil for evening , both on the next block from the times

Great place to stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Cate4444,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

We all hope to see you back real soon.

You can contact me directly for any future plans that you may have.

S-O-T, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Initially booked The Time Hotel through Booked.com in October for our 3 night stay in April. A bit concerned when the hotel sent me an email saying they'd charged us the wrong price and suggesting it would be amended to a higher price. However, I contacted Booking.com and they got me an assurance from The Manager that the original price would be honoured. That and some of the bad reviews on trip advisor made me quite wary. However, good all round. Staff were welcoming and pleasant. We arrived early but our room was ready. Very roomy and clean. Excellent beds....so comfy. Plentiful towels and nice toiletries. No outside noise at all. Yes the shower rail was rusty and there was a little mould on the bathroom ceiling but none of these affected our stay and apart from sleeping, we spent no time in our room.

I would definitely stay here again - convenient location, great rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Motherlilac,

We are so pleased to hear of the pleasant time you had with us.

Let me apologize personally for that error that occured with booking.com. We fixed it as soon as we could.

Other than that issue, it seems you had a great time in NYC.

if you ever need accomodations in the future, please contact me directly and we can work on getting you the best rate out there.

mvales@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!