“Best Value, Charmed Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Snack and Save
Ranked #342 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Value, Charmed Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My nine-year-old daughter and I flew to NYC for two nights to see Matilda, the Statue of Liberty and the holiday sights around Times Square. I got a great deal on this hotel via Qwikbook, figuring at most it would be clean and at least it would be close. The Time exceeded my expectations from the minute we checked in. Everyone on staff was ultra friendly and helpful, the room turned out to be a suite that was both clean and stylish, and Stella the concierge was very helpful and patient - she organized a car service to the airport for us that was very well priced - even more so because the didn't have a spare town car so it sent us a stretch limo for the same price! My only quibble was that the (free) wifi did not work well from the room, but I was able to surf on my phone, so it wasn't a problem. Bad weather caused us to spend much more time in our room than I had planned, and I vowed to add a review here because I was so happy with this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Jbdtx,

I am so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. To see all the amazing sights New York has to offer, especially around the holidays is truly a moment to remember.

I will extend your kind words to Stella. She is such an asset here and as you can see, likes our guests to travel in style!!

if you ever find yourself coming to New York again, please let me know so that we may make your next TIME even more magical!

mvales@thetimeny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed in many Manhattan hotels and while this one is not at the top, it's certainly not at the bottom. The best thing I can say is that the room was quiet. I was on the 6th floor and that close to Manhattan, not hearing the street noise is a big deal. The restaurant was very nice as well. The room was fine- about what you would expect- nothing much to say there. My only negative would be the absence of a lobby. On a business trip you often need to meet people or even have a short meeting in the hotel lobby. Not here. There is only a door at street level with an elevator up to 2nd floor where there is a very small check in desk. I know space is limited in NY but I still found it odd. I talked to a few guests who walked right by it a few times since from the street there is only a small door with a small sign above. Maybe that makes it a "hidden treasure" or something, :-)

Overall I would stay again on personal trip, but not business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tulsabobt,

We are glad to hear that you had a nice quiet stay with us.

we are aware that on business trips you do require a space to have a quick meeting, which is why we have our guest utilize the INC lounge which is on the same floor as the lobby but more secluded. it makes for a nice quiet space to chat.

we are also glad that you liked our restaurant Serafina. i will surely let the manager know of your good experience

if you do find yourself visiting again in the future please feel free to contact me at my email below.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at The Time on our first visit to New York City, and we were not disappointed. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to meet our every request. Yes, it is an older hotel, but can you say location, location, location? I think it was an incredible find at a reasonable price. Don't discount this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gigi,

Thank you so much for positive review.

We are so glad that our staff went above and beyond for you, and that our location allowed you to see all the sights you needed to see!!!

please contact me directly if you ever find yourself in NYC again!

VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great location for a visit to midtown or Times Square. Theaters and great restaurants within easy walk. We found our room to be clean and well maintained. Very comfortable bed. Staff could not have been friendlier. They all made us feel welcome. This will be our hotel for future visits to the big apple.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Billy S,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and have made us your home away from home for your next visit here!

please contact me directly once you know when you will be returning to us and we will give you a free upgrade (based on availability) for your next stay.

Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent location neat theaters and Times Square. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 2 teens. Our king suite was perfect. I had seen a couple of reviews that caused me to contact the management before I arrived and they were extremely helpful. Thank you Allen. During our stay the staff was extremely accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013
mvales, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear bdg5556
I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will let our entire staff know of the compliments you have said. We pride ourselves on great customer service so it is definitely good to hear some positive feedback. We hope you visit with us again soon!

Best Regards,
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Time, 5 nights, first room resembled a postage stamp. Nowhere to hang clothes, not even a hook or a frame around a door to make do! Eventually, room 3! Was fabulous. The rooms are a little tired and well used but clean and comfortable. The staff made it for us! Friendly (well, except for one receptionist who was a little frosty). Josh the porter was fantastic. Superb location. Come on The Time! Get some hooks and hangers in your rooms!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Drifter9907,

Sorry that your first impression wasn't so good, but im glad eventually you we pleased with the accommodations. it is important to the entire staff here that we get it right!

Josh is awesome and i will personally extend your kind words to him!!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for our short break to NYC.
Didn't have a great start as hotel had organised car from airport & we had to dispute the price quoted - this certainly put a dampener on our arrival. The customer service at this point was not the best.
We went for a drink in the bar to relax but as it was late evening the bar was winding down (thought this was the town that never sleeps - it was way before midnight) the highlight of this was watching a mouse running round.
The room was very small & boiling hot - December & we had to open the windows. Our Bose radio didn't work & despite requesting it be repaired it took two further requests to get it sorted.There is no storage at all so bags have to hang around & as its so small they do get in the way.
Shower was powerful & hot.
Location was the best.
We didn't eat here - after seeing a mouse running around it was off putting.
The staff were all pleasant (apart from 1st night)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Roastpotato,

I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at The Time. It is our objective and commitment to consistently exceed our guest’s expectations by providing a memorable experience.
We have already contacted Ecolab, our pest elimination company, they have taken various precautions and have given us their assurance that this will never happen again at this hotel.

It was a privilege to have you here as our guest and we look forward to your next visit. please contact me so that we may discuss discounts for your future stay.

Regards,
mvales@thetimeny.com

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!