“Eh . . . .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Wine&Wifi
Ranked #333 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Eh . . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just stayed at The Time hotel with my sisters for a girl's weekend. Some good, some, but overall I would not stay here again. The service was very good and the staff were helpful and accommodating. The hotel and the room were VERY rundown and not kept up at all!! I feel like the room was clean, but there were so many things wrong with the room that it still felt icky. The walls are scuffed and desperately need paint, the cushions to the couch are worn, ripped and stained. The bathtub caulk is moldy, the finish on the edges of the furniture and woodwork is coming off. Parts of the walls are cracked with plaster exposed. The heat and air didn't seem to work well. I slept on the pull out and it was extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the service at The Time Hotel. I am thrilled you were satisfied with the customer service level we provide here but I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the condition of your room. It is crucial for us to identify problems and address them, if you could kindly let me know what room you were in I can forward it to our engineer department. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss in further details. I look forward to hosting you on your next trip to New York!

Best Regards
Allen Gallardo
Agallardo@thetimeny.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The pros:
The location is amazing. Turn the corner and you are in Times Square.
Josh the porter is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.

That's about all the good.

The cons: (there's a few)

The rooms are the most smallest and oldest rooms you might imagine. My friend and i had to crawl across the bed to get from one side of the room to the other as there's no room in front of the bed to pass. I wish I had a picture to share.
Worse these rooms are around $200 a night! Find somewhere else.

The bathroom is what I imagine to be a replica of a prison bathroom. Terrible shower, old flooring, old toilet.

Wifi- non existent past the 2nd floor so you get huge crowds of people sat in reception trying to connect. Worse you are expected to pay for the wifi!! It's free if you like their social media pages - do it and then unlike or poor travellers will end up here thinking you recommend it.

Bar: terrible with wipe clean sofas.
Left luggage: oh yes you have to pay for that here. $2 a bag. And it's not always secured, they have to place some in reception due to overflow... Yep right next to the crowds of people using wifi!

There was a lady on reception who seemed to be able to not recommend anything. The youger guys were better with knowing the city.

I was sorely disappointed at having paid so much for so little in return. The only saving grace is how great the location was, but still I'm sure with more research I could have found better rooms for a similar price- I might have even considered being a subway ride away than staying here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Taranar,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to The Time Hotel.I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. I am very sorry and disappointed that you were not satisfied with the rest of your experience. Our ultimate goal is complete guest satisfaction. I apologize that we missed the mark. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons. Please contact me personally, so that I can be of assistance with making any necessary arrangements.

Best Regards,
Allen
Agallardo@thetimeny.com
Dayton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

First, the hotel was fine. I didn't have high expectations knowing NYC hotels typically have small rooms and such. You are paying for the proximity to the entertainment. The location was great! The room was very small and even smaller bathroom. Dark furniture was so chipped it made room look old and beat up. Honestly, a black Sharpie to the chips would have done a 100% better. The bathroom sink was half of a standard pedestal sink and only 2 small shelves above it the width of my hand. Any kind of counter would have been nice. Biggest issue was no full length mirror. I had to go out by the elevators to see myself... as if I was in a department store trying on clothes.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the closer to actual sunlight out your window.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear jennaaee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know which room you were in so I can let engineering know to replace the full length mirror and take a look at the furniture at dgiandalone@gmail.com.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel was dirty and the furnishings should have been replaced about 20 years ago. The carpet was torn, the blinds were falling apart,and the bathroom was covered in mold! When we told the front desk, they offered us another room - which was equally as bad.

About a week after we checked out, I found that someone at the hotel had used my credit card for over $10,000. Of course they denied it but after 3 months of research, many phone calls, and contacting local and New York police, it all came back to them. The manager even told me that credit cards had been used illegally in their parking garage across the street.

I stay in New York often and there is no way I would ever stay there again. Booking.com had listed this hotel as a 4 star hotel! I doubt if they had ever visited it-much less stayed there!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear SophieMack,

About a year ago we adjusted off one night room and tax for the condition of the room you were staying in. As you already know the credit card fraud did not come from anyone in our hotel. I have been here for almost four years and we have never had a breach of security of credit cards or any type of credit card fraud here. The garage (which is under completely separate management and ownership) did have an issue with three members of their staff cloning credit cards a little over a year ago the perpetrators were caught and charges were already filed by the time you stayed with us. Credit card fraud is very serious and it is an epidemic with the new electronic age and I'm terribly sorry you had to go through that. It is an unfortunate that you happened to be staying with us when you noticed the fraudulent activity on your card and continue to hold a grudge without any remote proof.

Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

An excellent location, and a good base for exploring NYC on foot. Rooms are adequate, but I felt not as clean and fresh as I would like, so I was happy to only stay one night. Staff are quite helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear GoldCoastAA,

Thank you for your comments and review. We are happy to hear that your overall stay was good. However, all of your great comments have been noted and will be immediately addressed.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This modern decor hotel is near a subway stop and in the heart of the theatre district. Lots of restaurants and bars and my favourite NYC nail bar around the corner on 8th Ave. The hotel is clean and the staff are pleasant, but the lift is very slow, there is no real lobby on the ground floor and the Internet service is charged for. I stayed here because my daughter's flat is nearby and the price is reasonable for the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear LondonPetunia,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Time Hotel. I'm glad you took full advantage of our central location. Please let me know next time you return at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip!

Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel was SO not up to our expectations. After being shown 4 different rooms, I had no choice but to cancel our reservation altogether and move to another hotel.
- Cheaply furnished rooms with bashed-up tables and walls
- Rooms smelled stale or overpoweringly like Mr Clean
- Beds were lumpy yet hard
- Although accommodating, staff were not professional; from reception to bell men to lounge staff
- The only "nice" thing about the hotel is their room keys
- Location would be good if plan on Broadway shows every night

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear margoloves2travel,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review The Time. I am terribly sorry to learn that we were unable to accommodate you on your recent trip. I would like to learn more about your experience in order to better improve our service. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!