“Great location موقع ممتاز” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #322 of 449 hotels in New York City
Medina, Saudi Arabia
“Great location موقع ممتاز”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

موقع الفندق جدا جميل وممتاز قريب من كل شي
اروع منطقة بالنسبة للغرفة جيده الي متوسط ليست جميلة جدا وايضا ليست سيئة جدا لكن الموقع يساعد
مفيد للاشخاص الذين يقضون كل وقتهم خارج المنزل
غير مناسب للعرسان
Location of the hotel is very beautiful and excellent close to everything
The area's finest for good to the average room is not very pretty, and also not too bad but the site helps
Useful for people who spend all of their time outside the home
Not suitable for honeymoon

• Stayed August 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mouhnd,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit!

1,254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel was in a great spot for everything. Just a couple of hundred meters to Times Square & close to a couple of hop on hop off bus stops. A general store was just 100 meters away on the corner. Rooms were small but that's New York. We did change rooms to get one a bit quieter which they accommodated with no problem. There's a great Italian restaurant just 2 doors down.

Room Tip: We moved from a room on the North side due to a large vent that was very noisy. I suggest a room fac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tony F,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at The Time for 4 nights. The location could not get better - it was just around the corner from Times Square. There were also many lounges and bars close just down the street which was great. The room was small but really clean. Earlier reviews said that they were quite run down but we didn't feel they were. They weren't super modern, but great for what we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the bar in the restaurant downstairs serves great drinks. All in all, it was a great experience; I would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear sammom77,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Time. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is about my 12 th visit to NYC so we were here to explore the city a bit more and avoid the tourist things you have to do in your first visits. Although close to Times Square, it wasn't in Times Square but centrally located and easy to walk to just about everything. Convenient for Subways too. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern but showing some wear. It was a bigger room than I expected. I usually stay on the cheap when in NYC but I can certainly see why this hotel cost me more than normal. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeffS_Toronto,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 8 nights in August as part our honeymoon. Was a bit disappointing. As we were in NYC for over a week, we did spend some time in the hotel room which was a bit average. Cleaning of the bathroom left a lot to be desired, main portion of the room was fine.

Air conditioner was not particularly effective at getting down to set temperature, TV was nothing special but it did the job. Bath towels are tiny, even for an average sized guy like me, if you are a bigger person these towels will be like face washers.

Sink had mould in it, as per the attached photo. Housekeeping entered my room and cleaned even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on. Later that night, they came in again, only this time I had just gotten out of the shower and barely managed to slam the door shut before they intruded on me.

When I complained about this the following day, I was told the housekeeping manager would come and see me later that night. She never did.

Location is good can walk anywhere if our fit, or an get to either end of manhattan for less than $20 inc tip. Resturant food is good, we had a great 3 course meal in it once (it is quite expensive).

Apart from the location I'm sure you could find somewhere better, perhaps the Marriott next door?

We stayed in room 1512... So this is where the pics come from.

Room Tip: 15th floor does not mean spacious...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shaun G,

Thank you for your review of The Time. I apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay and wanted to thank you for providing your room number so housekeeping and engineering were able to address the issues you specified. Thank you again for taking the time to review and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Time over a long weekend. The location was great, just a couple steps to times square. The hotel was good. Based on reviews I had read, I expected very small rooms but was happy to find what I would consider to be a normal sized room except for the closet and bathroom which were fairly small. The only complaints I have were with the elevators (very slow) and the carpet in the rooms which were fairly worn and caused them to look a bit dirty. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear vacateKnoxville_TN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're happy that you enjoyed the comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just returned from The Time at West 49th Street in New York City. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room was a nice size and bathroom also. Lots of storage area. The Time was very close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again!
Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear judymjw,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for leaving your comments and we hope to have you back very soon!

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!