“Average Hotel in a Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #327 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Adelaide, Australia
“Average Hotel in a Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 8 nights in August as part our honeymoon. Was a bit disappointing. As we were in NYC for over a week, we did spend some time in the hotel room which was a bit average. Cleaning of the bathroom left a lot to be desired, main portion of the room was fine.

Air conditioner was not particularly effective at getting down to set temperature, TV was nothing special but it did the job. Bath towels are tiny, even for an average sized guy like me, if you are a bigger person these towels will be like face washers.

Sink had mould in it, as per the attached photo. Housekeeping entered my room and cleaned even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on. Later that night, they came in again, only this time I had just gotten out of the shower and barely managed to slam the door shut before they intruded on me.

When I complained about this the following day, I was told the housekeeping manager would come and see me later that night. She never did.

Location is good can walk anywhere if our fit, or an get to either end of manhattan for less than $20 inc tip. Resturant food is good, we had a great 3 course meal in it once (it is quite expensive).

Apart from the location I'm sure you could find somewhere better, perhaps the Marriott next door?

We stayed in room 1512... So this is where the pics come from.

Room Tip: 15th floor does not mean spacious...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Shaun G,

Thank you for your review of The Time. I apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay and wanted to thank you for providing your room number so housekeeping and engineering were able to address the issues you specified. Thank you again for taking the time to review and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Time over a long weekend. The location was great, just a couple steps to times square. The hotel was good. Based on reviews I had read, I expected very small rooms but was happy to find what I would consider to be a normal sized room except for the closet and bathroom which were fairly small. The only complaints I have were with the elevators (very slow) and the carpet in the rooms which were fairly worn and caused them to look a bit dirty. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear vacateKnoxville_TN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're happy that you enjoyed the comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just returned from The Time at West 49th Street in New York City. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room was a nice size and bathroom also. Lots of storage area. The Time was very close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again!
Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear judymjw,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for leaving your comments and we hope to have you back very soon!

T.O.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This boutique hotel is steps from Time Square surrounded by Broadway theatres and walking distance to countless restaurants. Clearly the value is in what you end up paying for a room. It can run you anywhere from a couple hundred a night to north of 500 a night depending on the room and the day.

The doormen were generally friendly and helpful. The entrance has a glass elevator that takes you to the reception. In my opinion a pretty cool design feature but not effectively functional. At busy times watching people trying to jostle in and out with luggage was almost like watching a comedy routine.

Reception was also friendly helpful and had us checked into our room very quickly. The whole experience had the boutique chic feel to it. The elevator was slow, dark and small. Only one was working during our stay here.

The room was small as far as rooms go but pretty standard for a New York City boutique hotel. It had a dorm room feel to it. Very compact with good use of what little space there was. No doors on the closet just curtains. The bed was comfortable but a little soft for our taste. The bathroom was very nice with updated everything. We asked for a late checkout and it was given no questions asked.

The only gripe I have is that there was no free Wi-Fi. In this day and age charging for Wi-Fi is an inexcusable mistake. Just a quick message to any hotel managers that are listening….. You can have either $10-$15 a day for internet OR you can have me come back and spend hundreds of dollars for my room and in the restaurants and spas and give me free internet. You can’t have both LOL Seriously it may sound silly but if you try to charge me for my internet connection you will get the short term benefit of a small amount of money but I will choose your competitor next time. From conversations I have had I am not alone in this way of thinking.

Bottom line, the TIME hotel is a nice little boutique hotel in the heart of Times Square with a fantastic location, friendly and helpful staff and a good restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Hoopefloop,

Thank you so much for your review. And I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms. We try to offer as much complimentary internet as possible and there is always free wifi in the lobby area. Please let me know next time you book and I will include it in your room. You can contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com. I look forward to hosting your next visit!

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I got engaged at Time hotel and it was an amazing experience all around. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. They even offered to take post engagement photos of us! The room was nice and spacious and close to some great theaters. The bar area is very modern and we got to enjoy a few delicious cocktails there before dinner. Overall, it was an unforgettable experience and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear helmaggs24,

Thank you so much for spending such a very special occasion with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Merrimack, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is great but the hotel itself was terrible. The hotel smelled in the hallways and elevators. The bed in the room has dirty sheets, and was lumpy. The walls had marks and the radiator was busted. The size was not too bad but the rug looked very dirty and I kept by flip flops on the whole time. The shower was also moldy. I would never stay at this hotel again. I asked for an upgrade and the woman robotically said she would make a note but nothing came of it. Before my reservation was over I was staying at another hotel, despite the fact that the room was paid for through Orbits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kirby603,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for letting me know. There was no indication that you had left early or had any issues during your stay. You were placed in the largest king sized bed room in the building and I passed your comments on to our housekeeping department to be looked at. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com if you would like to discuss in further detail.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The time is in a fantastic location, close to Times Square and tube stations. Always alive so you always feel safe coming back to the area late at night. The staff are very friendly and there is always something going nearby! Also got free wifi and an upgraded the room free of charge because they messed up payment and had absolutely no problems with the hotel. Very comfortable room with tv. Room was cleaned every day. Lovely

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Ronan M,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you had such a fantastic experience! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!