“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Winter in NYC Package
Ranked #333 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Ohio
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just returned from The Time at West 49th Street in New York City. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room was a nice size and bathroom also. Lots of storage area. The Time was very close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again!
Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear judymjw,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for leaving your comments and we hope to have you back very soon!

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
T.O.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This boutique hotel is steps from Time Square surrounded by Broadway theatres and walking distance to countless restaurants. Clearly the value is in what you end up paying for a room. It can run you anywhere from a couple hundred a night to north of 500 a night depending on the room and the day.

The doormen were generally friendly and helpful. The entrance has a glass elevator that takes you to the reception. In my opinion a pretty cool design feature but not effectively functional. At busy times watching people trying to jostle in and out with luggage was almost like watching a comedy routine.

Reception was also friendly helpful and had us checked into our room very quickly. The whole experience had the boutique chic feel to it. The elevator was slow, dark and small. Only one was working during our stay here.

The room was small as far as rooms go but pretty standard for a New York City boutique hotel. It had a dorm room feel to it. Very compact with good use of what little space there was. No doors on the closet just curtains. The bed was comfortable but a little soft for our taste. The bathroom was very nice with updated everything. We asked for a late checkout and it was given no questions asked.

The only gripe I have is that there was no free Wi-Fi. In this day and age charging for Wi-Fi is an inexcusable mistake. Just a quick message to any hotel managers that are listening….. You can have either $10-$15 a day for internet OR you can have me come back and spend hundreds of dollars for my room and in the restaurants and spas and give me free internet. You can’t have both LOL Seriously it may sound silly but if you try to charge me for my internet connection you will get the short term benefit of a small amount of money but I will choose your competitor next time. From conversations I have had I am not alone in this way of thinking.

Bottom line, the TIME hotel is a nice little boutique hotel in the heart of Times Square with a fantastic location, friendly and helpful staff and a good restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Hoopefloop,

Thank you so much for your review. And I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms. We try to offer as much complimentary internet as possible and there is always free wifi in the lobby area. Please let me know next time you book and I will include it in your room. You can contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com. I look forward to hosting your next visit!

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I got engaged at Time hotel and it was an amazing experience all around. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. They even offered to take post engagement photos of us! The room was nice and spacious and close to some great theaters. The bar area is very modern and we got to enjoy a few delicious cocktails there before dinner. Overall, it was an unforgettable experience and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear helmaggs24,

Thank you so much for spending such a very special occasion with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Merrimack, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is great but the hotel itself was terrible. The hotel smelled in the hallways and elevators. The bed in the room has dirty sheets, and was lumpy. The walls had marks and the radiator was busted. The size was not too bad but the rug looked very dirty and I kept by flip flops on the whole time. The shower was also moldy. I would never stay at this hotel again. I asked for an upgrade and the woman robotically said she would make a note but nothing came of it. Before my reservation was over I was staying at another hotel, despite the fact that the room was paid for through Orbits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kirby603,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for letting me know. There was no indication that you had left early or had any issues during your stay. You were placed in the largest king sized bed room in the building and I passed your comments on to our housekeeping department to be looked at. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com if you would like to discuss in further detail.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The time is in a fantastic location, close to Times Square and tube stations. Always alive so you always feel safe coming back to the area late at night. The staff are very friendly and there is always something going nearby! Also got free wifi and an upgraded the room free of charge because they messed up payment and had absolutely no problems with the hotel. Very comfortable room with tv. Room was cleaned every day. Lovely

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Ronan M,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you had such a fantastic experience! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Lausanne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very central at Times Square, right in the middle of the theatre district. One the negative side, however, is everything else. Tiny room (even for New York standards), tiny bathroom, extremely noisy AC, crappy/unusable WiFi, dated furniture and generally everything was a little dented, parts of the hotel seemed to fall apart. The room (and the hotel) were not exactly dirty, but not clean either. Staff in general friendly, but a bit clueless even for simple questions about subway.The concierge was never around - a bit cheap if you advertise concierge service.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, do not go there
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear thomas054,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the service at The Time Hotel. It is through direct feedback like yours we can improve our service standards. I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us but do hope that you will join us again. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

As you will read from the majority of the reviews on this hotel, it is located in a perfect position. A few strides from Times Square, a short walk to Penn Station and accessible to Central park through to Grand Central. The staff are very polite and helpful. However, the quality of the rooms are not great. The room was tiny and included a small double bed, of which one side of the bed was directly up against a wall. The shower cubicle (no bath) was also small with a curtain that looked very grubby. The air con unit was very very noisy and the noise from outside was not blocked by the windows.

Room Tip: To avoid noise from the traffic, request a room at the top of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim163,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our central location. Please let me know next time you return to New York and we will assure you receive a larger room in a quieter location at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!