“Well centered” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Wine&Wifi
Ranked #333 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Well centered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of everything, the 49th with 7th street, beside times square, very small rooms, difficult to find the hotel itself, small, and Wi-Fi only in the lobby, unless you pay to have it in the room. Is just a place to sleep, you pay for the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Isamira,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Papeete, French Polynesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Goal : find a hotel 1/close to Times Square 2/with a private parking 3/and internet access
And? : 1/great location on 49th street, close to restaurants, convenience shops and all Broadway shows, 2/private parking across the street run by genuine nice guys (beware, really BIG cars are not accepted, and get a validation from hotel for special rate), and 3/ in-room wi-fi costs 11 USD, except if you "like" the Hotel FB page first in lobby, where internet access is FOC....so goal was achieved
Check-in : a warm recommendation for M. Howard SINGH, at Guest Services, for his generous smile, kindness and professionalism (he gave me the tips for the parking and the internet)
Room : a shoe box, with the tiniest double bed, the tiniest TV, the tiniest bathroom.....but soundproof, with a safe, and well it was a one-night stay.....I would not recommend it for extended stay unless you spend 100% of your time outside (my husband is claustrophobic and suffered)
Others : on-site restaurant and bar, but we are in New york.......

Room Tip: Our room was on the 49th street side and totally soundproof
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maramanocent,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to utilize the amenities provided even though for such a short stay. Please let me know when you return at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com and I would like to upgrade you to a larger room category. Thank you again for your comments!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I traveled to New York City to attend the Yankee's home opener. Since the game was the day after Easter, we decided to spend the Easter weekend in the city, and you as may imagine, the prices of hotels were significantly higher because of the holiday. We were excited when we found The Time Hotel - not only were the prices reasonable, but the location was ideal... right in Times Square. Upon our arrive, we were met by Jack and Olivia who were pleasant, respectful and very helpful in providing us information as to how to navigate the city. The room was a bit smaller than anticipated, but clean - the most important thing. When we returned to the hotel later that night, our senses were assaulted with the strong odor of illegal substances on our floor (hotel security responded immediately). Because of this inconvenience, we were upgraded to a suite at no additional cost. All in all, the experience was a good one - the cleanliness of the hotel, the location and the respectful staff makes it a hotel that I would recommend t anyone traveling to New York.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rld982,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience overall and I will share with the staff your comments on the service provided. We look forward to your next visit!

Aquiraz, CE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The first room had a horrible view so we asked to change it. We were informed that there were all booked that day, but the next we could, but we had to leave our luggage with the porter before 12 and after 3 we could bring it to the new room. We decided not to. But then, since the room did not have a bathtub and we needed one to soak after walking all day, so we decided it was worth the pain. We left the luggage in front of the reception in the morning, and there it still was when we came back after 3:00. I guess that the luggage room was full? That made us very uneasy. Anybody could have picked up a small suitcase or backpack when the receptionists were distracted!
This is terrible service! They should come to your room, pick up your luggage and bring it to your new room when it is ready!
Also, they were quite rigid about not letting anybody into their rooms when checking in until after 3:00 pm! Why could they not let people in as the rooms become clean? Every other hotel that I have been to does that!
They are doing what is convenient for then, not for the customer!
The second room had a tub, but the bathroom furniture was falling apart. I was afraid that the shelves were going to fall down on us!
That said, you can't beat the location of the hotel: near the 50th st stops of the red, blue and yellow subway lines.

Room Tip: We were told that internet was free only at the lobby, $10 at the rooms. But later I found out that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cescolar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the service at The Time Hotel. It is through direct feedback like yours we can improve our service standards. I do believe there was a misunderstanding, as we do allow and encourage guests to check in as rooms are available. We may have been fully booked the previous night and did not have any ready at the time but we preregister everyone so that when they return all they have to do is pick up keys. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you had and do hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at The Time hotel for a week. Perfect location if you love Musicals and Times Square was just around the corner. Used this hotel a HQ to see the city. I love NY and would stay at this hotel again if I come back. I got a good price for my room and considering the location I found the price reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear KaareSkarsvaag ,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked and paid for this one night stay just a few hours before checking in.
Overall, I have no complaint: staffs were helpful, room was clean though on the smaller size, price was very good but I guess it was only my luck ($99), location was very good as I was lucky to fins a no-fee street parking in walking distance.
Our AC didn't work well, but the manager was very accommodating even though it was really late. He even compensated with complimentary breakfast to all of us, which amounts to more than half of our room cost. They were really trying to address the issue.
I definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: The elevator location gives a feel of entering a club more than a hotel, which is a good feeling to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear pdn1212,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Time. I'm glad we were able to resolve any issues you had to your satisfaction. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future!

Manhattan Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Price was good average about $269/night. Service was very good. Jack at the front desk was especially helpful. Room was small but clean and not too noisy. Biggest complaint was internet service was terrible, worst than dial up, so if that's not important to you, it would be a good choice. Also elevators small and can take some time during busy hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Matt F,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay in our hotel, and also for your feedback on your experience, it's crucial for us to identifying problems and addressing them. I am happy to report that we are currently in the process of updating our internet services. Please let me know next time you return to New York and I can let you know if this has been completed at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!