“Awesome location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time New York

You added The Time New York to your Saves list
The Time New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 25% OFF
Ranked #280 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Columbia, Missouri, United States
“Awesome location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Of course, the location can't be beat if you are wanting to stay near times square! The staff were friendly and helpful. The decor is very modern, which I liked. The rooms are a bit small, but it in on times square! The placement of the TV is very weird, but there is so much to do within easy walking distance you won't care about the TV! Overall, we liked it quite a lot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melissa S
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Melissa S,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at The Time. From the minute I booked, I contacted the hotel for advice, directions etc and EVERY time the response was super fast!! SO courteous and always helpful. We arrived and were greeted at the door. Our luggage was taken to our room and all we needed was to check in. Every member of staff we encountered was super helpful and smiley. We got to our room and a bottle of wine and welcome note awaited us - which was so special. We were in a twin double. It is a boutique hotel so not masses of wardrobe space but plenty for two people for four nights! There was also a shelving unit and a dressing table/desk with a flat screen tv on the wall above it. Double shower, sink and lovely toiletries provided. Housekeeping was exceptional - rooms cleaned and changed every day and a lovely knock at the door each evening to check all was ok! There is a mini bar - but I needed to take meds with a milky drink each morning and they were fine about my keeping fresh milk in the fridge - even offering to move some items should I need more space! You're a block away from Times Square so unless you're on one of the very top floors you won't get a 'view' - but considering you only sleep in your room it would be wasted..... and the location is TREMENDOUS! I genuinely couldn't fault this hotel - yes it is in need of a refurb decor- wise but it is such a popular hotel I don't know when that could happen. It certainly didn't detract from our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is lovely, but it is the staff that make this place so exceptional. Fabulous!

Room Tip: We stayed in a twin double for two people. Brilliant!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Oosaboos
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Oosaboos,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Time Hotel is right across the Ambassador Theatre where you can enjoy Chicago (the musical), so it is really convenient to cross the street and watch a classic broadway musical. You can walk to Time Square, the subway, the corner coffee shop (Bene) and a lot of fabulous restaurants in literally minutes. The reception staff is young, cool and really helpful. We had the pleasure of bumping into Griffin, a long time service employee, who is joyful, polite and the epitomy of a wondeful human being and New Yorker.
The rooms are small but clean and modern. Wi-fi is free in the reception area. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller1425
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is amazing the staff couldn't do more for you so helpful and lovely people. The rooms are just the right size with very comfy beds. The location is amazing right in he center of everything would recomend this hotel for everyone. The rooms are a little outdated but would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with two double beds there amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kayleigh F
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Kayleigh F,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I made reservations for this hotel for an upcoming trip. I stopped in to check if I could see a room. I immediately was greeted by Jack at the desk and upgraded my reservations to a king room. He then asked the manager Betty if she could show me a room and she did. The room was perfect for the type I needed. Jack was very friendly and welcoming and told me to contact him if there was anything at all that I needed. Will be definitely staying here. The location is great and is in the heart of Times Square. Everything is very close by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 17CindyL17
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear 17CindyL17,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to our staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I got a good deal through Priceline for a little one night getaway with a friend - it was one of those "mystery hotel" deals which I know is always a gamble, but it was in Times Square which was the draw and it did have a 3.5 star rating on there. I had never been to the Time and the location certainly looked great so I gave it a shot (despite other reviews I had read). Sure enough, the room was about the size of my closet and my view was of someone else's room - literally - directly into their room - I shut the privacy curtain right away so I wouldn't forget (although that made the room feel a bit cave-like). The bathroom and carpet were dated (didn't dare take my socks off) and I literally found hair, towel strings, and dirty film all over light fixtures and other surfaces. I did pull up the bottom sheet to look at the edges of the mattress to see if there were any signs of bedbugs and it looked clear. The filmy look on the fixtures may have just been tarnishing from age, but it just seems like there's not much attention to detail - as if housekeeping does the bare minimum without taking care of the details (including mildew/mold on the ceiling of the bathroom in the shower stall). If you're looking for "no frills" and a good location, you could try this, but I have seen other hotels in the area that also offer good deals if you're willing to look around and try far enough ahead of time....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ABB1976
Dear ABB1976,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Hopewell Junction, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is in the heart of Times Square. The rooms are small and feeling a bit run down, but they are clean. Has a bar in the hotel. Good value for the price in NYC. Wouldn't take my family though. Fine for singles, couples or someone on a business trip. Didn't have the right vibe for kids. Overall hotel feels dark and small.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kahala4
Dear Kahala4,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at The Time Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and our value. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!