“Great for theatre district” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #325 of 451 hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for theatre district”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

First time visit, scored a Living Social 2 night deal. Really was quite surprised! Very clean, comfortable & extra friendly staff! Shout out to Olivia Mosdzien who went the extra mile as all were willing to do! Will stay again. Front desk to housekeeping all ready to make it worry-free. Bring the family-very secure. Lots of bussle on the street so not a remote neighborhood but close to all the sights near Times Square.Staff made the stay a pleasure, thank you The Time!!

Room Tip: interior rooms probably quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear James A,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Time. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our services provided. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

1,214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ideally located in midtown Manhattan. A walking distance from Times Square and other major attractions. Rooms are small but very functional. Price is reasonable for NYC. Note - WiFi is not included and is an extra $11/night. Breakfast is not included as well and is quite expensive at the in-hotel Serafina restaurant. Nevertheless, it is overall recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear galnachum,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After arriving in NYC our booked accommodation was not acceptable (see other review for Hotel Edison) so the very helpful receptionist solved our problem. We were greeted by Olivia and throughout our stay she did everything she could to make sure we had the best stay possible!! We were given a lovely, clean, spacious room which we immediately felt comfortable in. The hotel is very modern and has everything you need whilst in the city. Every time we walked through reception Olivia would check we were OK and that everything was ok with the room. After coming to the end of our stay we did not even have to ask at reception Olivia had already stated we needed a late check out and this was arranged. She also assisted us with checking in online for our flight home. 5 stars for comfort and 5 stars for customer service!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lsimms49,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at The Time Hotel, and we're thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. I'm happy to hear that Olivia at our front desk was so accomodating. I hope you'll be back to visit us again!

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pros were the room was clean, liked the festive decor, staff was very friendly and our bed was very comfortable. It had the best location and great value.

Con was rooms are small but our feelings were who cares because how little time we spent in our room.
Watch out for Fridge we had no idea it was on a sensor so if you removed anything for more than a few seconds you would be charged. We did remove things not knowing just to look at them but the front desk was very nice and did not charge us.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen P.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and a couple of friends reserved a night here to celebrate a friends birthday in the city. My sister and I both work for travel agencies and agree that this is not a property we would recommend to clients. For $150 per night we ended up in an extremely small room with one queen bed. We specifically asked for 2 doubles as there were 3 of us staying in the room. We were told that all their double rooms were booked. Although disappointed, we continued our stay as we needed to get ready for the night. We went back to our room and were not happy with how outdated it was. The walls were dirty and the furniture looked very old. There was one light fixture that was not working properly and would pop everytime we turned the switch or disconnected from the outlet. Very dangerous. We finally went back down to the lobby to complain and demand another room. After a few minutes a double room was suddenly available at no extra cost. So we moved over to our new room and did a quick inspection to make sure everything was clean and working properly. First thing we found were crumbs on one of the beds! We were immediately disgusted but kept looking around. This time all the lights seemed to be working. But in the bathroom we noticed there was a bandaid, yes, a bandaid covering up a hole in the counter of the sink. And again the room was overall just outdated and dirty. Would not spend my money here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear christinamv1986,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My main man Jack at the Time Hotel exemplifies what hotel service is all about! Upon check in he greeted me with a smile and an upbeat attitude. Not only was he personable, he upgraded my room and sent up a bottle of wine on the house. The Time Hotel sets itself apart with high quality staff like Jack!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Jeremy S,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I will gladly share your comments with Jack. Hope to see you again soon!

Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It would be a challenge for me to commend just one aspect of The Time, New York City. My experience was exceptional from the moment that my car service pulled up to this prime location in Times Square. I received a warm and friendly greeting from the doorman and was directed to the front desk where my check in process was effortless. I felt like I was being welcomed into someone's home and not a hotel. My friend and I booked the penthouse suite and was thrilled to open the door to 3 floors of luxury with wrap around terraces and floor to ceiling windows. The view, en-suite sauna and the most peaceful night sleep took my vacation to a whole new level! The staff, at every level of employment. that I encountered was extremely helpful and a pleasure to speak with. I highly recommend your next visit to be at The Time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear MosiacArtist,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best.

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!