“Best Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #322 of 449 hotels in New York City
Long Island
“Best Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It would be a challenge for me to commend just one aspect of The Time, New York City. My experience was exceptional from the moment that my car service pulled up to this prime location in Times Square. I received a warm and friendly greeting from the doorman and was directed to the front desk where my check in process was effortless. I felt like I was being welcomed into someone's home and not a hotel. My friend and I booked the penthouse suite and was thrilled to open the door to 3 floors of luxury with wrap around terraces and floor to ceiling windows. The view, en-suite sauna and the most peaceful night sleep took my vacation to a whole new level! The staff, at every level of employment. that I encountered was extremely helpful and a pleasure to speak with. I highly recommend your next visit to be at The Time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear MosiacArtist,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best.

1,253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We arrived at the Time Hotel on 26th Jan 2013, we were greeted by friendly, helpful and efficient staff who remained this way throughout our stay. We were upgraded to a kingsize room on check in which was great, I had read bad reviews about the size of the rooms but ours was plenty big enough with a decent size shower room as well - would have liked a bath but we can't have everything! The only minor complaint would be that the room was a little tatty around the edges, some plaster was coming off in the bathroom and around the windows etc, but this obviously didn't affect our stay.
The hotel was always cleaned to a high standard. The bed was amazingly comfortable!
We visited the restaurant owned by the hotel one evening, tempted by the offer of 20% off if you had a theatre ticket stub from that evening, this was a great deal and the meal was very tasty.
The top trump card this hotel has to offer has to be the location, you are literally a 2 minute stroll from Times Square and all the main theatres. Central Park, the Empire State and dozens of the attractions are within easy walking distance. We mostly walked everywhere during our stay but taxi's were very easy to come by with a rank just down the street from the hotel.
All in all I would definitely recommend the Time Hotel to anyone wanting a great location and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade - worst they can say is no!
Dear Stephlg123.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were there for New year eve so it was full on, the staff was pretty helpful and friendly the hotel room is good not too big but not too small the tower hanger was broken but I did report it, we were on 14th floor but unfortunately the windows wasn't enough to keep all the noise out of the room the windows are not thicker enough the and didn't have sum blocked either

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Rodado,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the service at The Time Hotel. It is through direct feedback like yours we can improve our service standards. I apologize for any inconvenience you had and do hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Fort Smith, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The locations of this place if awesome, just feet from Times Square, Great Food and Broadway Shows.

The people were nice and did keep the place clean. The rooms are a little dated and could use an update. Bed was comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and it was good.

When we arrived I asked if they had any larger rooms, I was told they were all “Boutique Sized rooms” I got the point, it was small but still comfortable.

This is not the Marriot or the Hilton and as long as you know that upfront, you should be fine. It truly is a Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ntrober,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city.Thank you for reviewing our hotel and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Hamilton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The LivingSocial deal we got was fantastic; about $70 per night in a great Times Square location, one can not beat that in NYC. With prices as low, any possible complaints or negative observations are simply redundant.
Having said that, The Time is still three star maximum. The room we stayed in was extremely tiny. Unless one is going to just sleep in, there is not enough room for any body position but lying down in bed. The overall upkeep is rather poor, but not terrible, a kind of three-star poor. The flat screen TV of a very decent size was rather meaningless, for the TV reception was a sub-quality. One can't bring more luggage than an overnight bag, the tiny closet space featuring a curtain and no door is spacious enough for a duffel bag and a few clothing items only. The bathroom size, on the other hand, was decent. The HVAC unit was efficient (on a very cold day) but rattled non-stop; that would definitely be a problem for a light sleeper.
On the other hand, our room was very quiet, undoubtedly a great plus in a Times Square location. Also, prospective guests can get their parking tickets stamped, the parking garage is right across the hotel's entrance. From Friday morning to Sunday morning we got a $30 per 24 hours rate, which is quite attractive for the location. The housekeeping service was good. The hotel also offers dining services in the Serafina restaurant on the ground floor.
One more time it is imperative that one doesn't use the mini-bar. Because of the extremely cold weather we had to resort to its water bottles, the four of them made the hotel $84, more than our nightly rate for the room.
Overall recommendation: if a similar deal comes up again, go for it and spend all your time outside the hotel.

Dear RGSOUNDF,

Franklin, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am a little sad to give only 3 dots to the Time. This was our third stay there over six years. After the first time, I would have given it 5. There is nothing seriously wrong, it is just a little worn. For example, the carpet in the elevator was dirty and worn. The shelf in the bathroom of our room had a couple of holes in the finish. The toilet ran unless you jiggled the handle. Despite the bitter cold outside, the room became so uncomfortably hot we turned on the air conditioner and still coukd not get the temperature below 71. All minor items, but taken together, present an image of a property in need of sprucing up.

On the other hand, the staff was very helpful and responsive. When the hair dryer topped working, they had another one delivered within minutes. The cleaning staff was very thorough and pleasant.

Aside from the issues noted above, the room was very clean and comfortable. There is a parking garage directly across the street where you can park for $30 per day if you are guest. And, of course, you are steps away from all the theaters, restaurants, subway and other amenities of Times Square.

Dear gino4634,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to The Time Hotel. I wanted to take a moment and apologize for any inconveniences you faced due to the maintenance issues in your room. Once again, thank you for your review and thank you for being a repeat guest. Please contact me directly for your next booking at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First, I want to compliment the front desk staff bc they are nice, friendly and helpful.

But, when I saw my room...I did want to cry. I don't mind small and worn, but it is more severe than that. I'd heard so many great things, and I wanted to stay here. I will make the most of the reminder of the trip despite the disappointment.

On a positive note, the location is great and front desk is great!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear misspoobie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Time Hotel. I apologize for our property's shortcomings but am truly happy to hear you enjoyed our service. I certainly hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!