“So Sad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #324 of 451 hotels in New York City
“So Sad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First, I want to compliment the front desk staff bc they are nice, friendly and helpful.

But, when I saw my room...I did want to cry. I don't mind small and worn, but it is more severe than that. I'd heard so many great things, and I wanted to stay here. I will make the most of the reminder of the trip despite the disappointment.

On a positive note, the location is great and front desk is great!

• Stayed January 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear misspoobie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Time Hotel. I apologize for our property's shortcomings but am truly happy to hear you enjoyed our service. I certainly hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

1,262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Alaboys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Read some "no-so-good" things about this hotel. Cannot agree with any of them. Location is fantastic, room was clean and up to date. Room was also very quiet, and that was a surprise because of Times Square hotels and all the noise. We were not looking for a hotel with lots of services, since we were spending all of our time out of the room. But the hotel was nice, and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Alaboys,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at The Time Hotel, and we're thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of the amenities we have to offer. I hope you'll be back to visit us again!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed for two nights during the week in this small hotel short blocks from Times Square. The rooms are quite small, but well designed. The bed was comfortable, the shower eventually was hot and the front office people nice and helpful. I was impressed that it was actually quiet given how close we were to Times Square. And the price was right - perhaps because mid-week in a low tourist month. Lots of young foreign travelers. A good place to explore the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RidgeBay,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Some of my packed that I had ordered,did not arrive before we had to leave the hotel but I was coming back 9 days later again to NY without staying in The Time hotel, and it was no problem keeping them for me until I arrived. , friendly staff and super location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Vigdis R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance and I bought a LivingSocial voucher for 2 nights at The Time hotel in Times Square NY and we couldnt have been happier with our stay! The hotel is located in the perfect place for getting around the city and doing things, yet off the main street so there was no noise that kept us from sleeping. Our voucher came with a bottle of wine which was in the room when we first got there along with a personalized note welcoming us to the hotel. We also received a nightly newsletter that informed us of the weather for the next day and things happening around town. The concierge can get tickets to shows, though we just bought tickets at a local box office. The central location let us come and go from hotel, to theater, to restaurant, coffee, etc without any effort which was very convenient. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed on te 15th floor facing 49th street (north?) and though there was really no view, there wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear utami,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Time Hotel is in a great location, just off Broadway in the Theatre District. It is right next to where the Book of Mormon is playing.

We had a suite which comprised bedroom plus living room with sofabed. This was adequate to our needs, but if you expect the room to be small (as with much budget accommodation in NY) you won't be disappointed. Overall, the accommodation is a bit worn out, (in particular, the sofabed should have been replaced years ago, and the towel rack was coming off the wall) but the room was comfortable enough. There seemed to be some noise from the light well, but it didn't prevent us sleeping.

The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the doorman.

Room Tip: Choose a suite over a standard room. You can pick up free wifi in the entrance corridor off the hote...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Schnapper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Narragansett, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Time is a stylish hotel with a great location. A great hotel for romance in a modern NYC setting. The rooms have a crisp clean feel. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Christina L,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

Dana

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!