“poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #327 of 452 hotels in New York City
New York
“poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

good location
vvery very nery noisy rooms and also quite small
beds ok but nos sspace for luggage and clothes
topilets ok ,but also noisy
rooms near elevators are unaccpetable
front office with limited service
breakfast ok

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Jose R,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule, to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay. On behalf of the Time Hotel, I would like to apologize for our properties short comings and a stay that was less than satisfactory. If you should need anything in the near future, please feel free to reach out to me personally at ckatz@thetimeny.com.

1,233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Six friends shared 1 big room. At first we were a bit concerned with size, but it worked out just fine for a 2 night stay. Had to roll out the futons ourselves and we were able to line up 5 futons side-by-side across the room. We each had a large luggage, but we were able to find room for all of our luggage to be laid out. We used every corner. With the futons laid out, we essentially were able to run across the mats, jump in the air, and pretend to do crazy martial arts poses mid-air. Fell right on the cushy futons, so it didn't hurt 1 bit.

We were very pleased with the design of the bathroom. The toilet, shower, and sink were all separate from each other, so all could be used by different people at the same time. The room was also very clean, so we had no complaints.

The onsen was enjoyable and quite nice in my opinion. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I never felt that it was dirty or anything. Wifi only in the lobby - ask for a username and pw.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear charcharLA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was quite inexpensive by New York City standards, so we expected the worse. Our friends did have quite a small room, but ours was larger, with a king size bed comfortably fitting into it. The room was serviceable, not fancy, but very clean, and cleaned well again each day.
That matched our best wish, based on price. It is located within the Broadway show district, several theaters right on the block, so perfect for show-go'ers. It's an easy walk up to Columbus Square and the Park. Lots of restaurants nearby. Best (regarding the hotel) was that we seemed to have lots of special needs, and we had lots of courteous help from both the reception dest staff and the concierge. No problem stowing our gear either. Efficient, helpful, couldn't have asked for better. So, given the price, this was a major hit and we'll return, preferring to spend our money on shows and food, having now found a good basic hotel in the right spot, clean and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room likely to be larger. I'd recommend that a couple ask for two doubles s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jenkatze,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at The Time Hotel! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I think this might be the one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. From the reception desk to drinks in the lounge and everything in between.

If you decide to stay here just put your expectations in check. Service is horrible . Rooms are small and a little scary. Best thing is the location. There isn't anything else positive I can say about this venue.

• Stayed November 2012
Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Shels68,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. I am very sorry and disappointed that you were not satisfied with the rest of your experience. Our ultimate goal is complete guest satisfaction. I apologize that we missed the mark. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons. Please contact me personally, so that I can be of assistance with making the necessary arrangements.

Best regards,

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A neat boutique hotel ideally located for time square. Rooms small but have all that is required for a city break for a few days. Staff good - particularly given that the area had just suffered from hurricane sandy and some staff couldn't get home - and nice lounge bar. Decent coffee shop 30 secs away from door. Expensive but we did book at the last minute due to hurricane sandy. Asked to move to a room that was a bit quieter (original backed onto lift shaft) and they accommodated the move with understanding and were very helpful. Would go again.

Room Tip: Avoid backing onto the lift shaft. Don't expect much of a view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Damian A,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day, to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at the Time Hotel. We are happy to hear, that your stay was enjoyable, during a stressful time, such as Hurricane Sandy. I will be sure to share your post with the team at the Time Hotel; we love to her positive feedback such as yours.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here with family of 4, including 2 teenage kids, during Hurricane Sandy - hotel was excellent, and staff always helpful. Would definitely recommend - the location is amazing, just round the corner from Times Sq and also near other stuff such as the Rockefeller, Ellen's Stardust Diner and MOMA. Room was good if a little small for 4, but certainly not too small...didn't eat in restaurant downstairs but it did seem popular.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear andrewstokie,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It has been a while since I have visited NYC and I missed it so dearly. Sadly, I came at a wrong time when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC with the worst natural disaster in history. Unfortunately, I was stuck in New York City at the time but I booked two extra nights at this hotel until I was able to fly back to my home. I must say in the wake of total chaos and darkness down in the Lower Manhattan, I was happy to be safe in Midtown Manhattan. I also found that the ambiance at the Time Hotel was very pleasant. The Time also has a great team of workers especially Howard because he was very accommodating and considering how busy they were in the wake of this disaster the staff dealt with guests situations very well. I was also very satisfied with the location because it is an ideal place to stay and near the center of everything. There is the restaurant Serafina on the ground level, a bar in the hotel, literally everything I needed to stay safe for the meantime. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear TravelQueen866,

We appreciate the positive feedback, from your recent stay at the Time Hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Howard and the rest of the team. It’s great to know that you were able to rest easy and carefree throughout your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future, but this time without the hurricane.

Charlie

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!